TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

World's Highest SWING!!! Could you handle this?

Ok, I searched before posting and didn't find anything, but who knows the way people list things, so this may be here already, but here goes. I know it's not incredibly theme park related, but we talk about the Stratosphere tower, so could you handle this? I know I couldn't.

"The world's highest swing has been set up on an 1,100ft TV tower in China.

The swing is set on a 700ft high viewing platform on the tower in Harbin city.

Thrill seekers can sit on the steel seat and swing out over the city, beyond the edge of the platform.

The tower is the world's second-highest steel tower, after the Kiev tower in Ukraine.

The swing is named "Game for brave people".

You better be strapped in for this one."

http://www.thenewsvault.com/cgi/news.pl?t=970

harbin_swing.jpg.d83750738f5708f0944025885b2667d3.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think I would do it. I mean its not that I have a problem with heights, Oh wait... yes I do. I was about to piss myself on X-Scream, but thats a whole other story. Anyways I would not do it because it looks so unsafe. I mean chains holding up something that looks about as strong as tin foil. I think I will pass on this one. UNLESS Tony and I rode it together!

~Matthew

About the whole chains being unsafe, if they work at 10 feet off the ground...it will be safe over 1,000 ft of the ground.

Have you ever been on a swing that broke? So your chances of that swing breaking are REALLY slim.

But hey, if its free Ill do it!

Anyways I would not do it because it looks so unsafe. I mean chains holding up something that looks about as strong as tin foil. I think I will pass on this one. UNLESS Tony and I rode it together!

~Matthew

Look at the chains on the Star Flyer Rides, they are about half of the size of these ones on this swing and the seat concept is basically the same, And no deaths have happened on on them. So if you asked me, I would ride it but only after I inspected it to make sure there are no faulty pieces chains.

Joseph.

flyer15.jpg.4f579e4245db4bde8da2a4dd2d5eb217.jpg