TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Back To The Future's Final Day - SATURDAY UPDATE TOO!

I went down to Universal this afternoon. Why, it was a sad day for theme park fans who have been on Back To The Future. At 8 pm this evening, Universal let the last person in line to try and catch good ol' Biff.

It was a sad day in the park, you could feel it in the longtime employees. I think it was only symbolic that it poured for about 30 minutes as God himself kind of saying, "so long" with a tear.

I was told by a lead at the ride that they still don't know what exactly is going in the building. The Simpson's deal hasn't been finalized. FOX apparently wants creative input and some characters want more money.

Anyways, he's some pics for you all to enjoy.

483552385_OUTOFTIMEsmall.jpg.335f5d09a18d90d9236417d9ecb0aaac.jpg

And this sums it up.

378662207_lastridetimesmall.jpg.bf8b49324939a296272aa4b588863935.jpg

The last time I helped Doc Brown!

1082997217_BTTFExpresssignsmall.jpg.d2d0f232d17ff0d5b19df46474d08f98.jpg

Express Line was so long... they even posted a wait there!

1180723667_buildingandglobesmall.jpg.9bdb4c00576e7e96ddd9ace1512e3467.jpg

BTTF to Ball: "So long, we had one heck of a summer."

Ball to BTTF: "Summer lovin... happened so fast!"

1265716514_BTTFexpresspromosmall.thumb.jpg.dd04a49d617912af200063762b3abc9c.jpg

Express = Nothing tomorrow!

1343051319_Fluxsmall.jpg.249c68f92db1b7d9e9ad77b476e056c6.jpg

The thing that makes time travel possible... if only it could turn back the clock for a few more rides!

224150291_Signtiltsmall.jpg.5d7162458b28e24d211d5b097e46f96e.jpg

1169659038_waitsmall.jpg.579d045599d51991ed826e0ffa7b8bc4.jpg

The line for BTTF was running about 90 minutes all day.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back on to Universal on Saturday to see the Steve Miller Band. The place was packed! Spring Break people are here and all the attractions are insane!

Anyways, I went over to BTTF to see if they did anything to it overnight and they did.

Walking up to it, you can see instantly that BTTF is no longer there.

The cars and train are still there, but nothing else.

1263197302_smallPardondusttight.jpg.8951f820fb791482089d9a60afa6ad4d.jpg

I personally hope it's the Simpson's, but nothing has been set in stone!

612825468_smallblackedfrontsign2.jpg.b5e91e75f5b965c4a0d65187991c4bac.jpg

The Institute is gone.

834315129_smallwallsup.thumb.jpg.6b0f5facab3b71b559cedee1384c40a2.jpg

335346336_smallemptystairscu.jpg.d7499bbb680a39758b643943d478b3d6.jpg

:(

1442165215_smallemptystairs.thumb.jpg.fa7f024b83761e8f34f1f44bfcdbbe93.jpg

so sad

1914025096_smalloutsidewide.jpg.5324a1cab3f97c9269ff94156b530ab2.jpg

Walls up everywhere and no BTTF the Ride logo's anywhere.

362231581_smallblackedsign.thumb.jpg.0d7f3b3ea9dec2e5a507897678135c56.jpg

But it's all black now...

745324912_Smallsidestore.jpg.33641deff6a01fb0fb7be00976d8918d.jpg

The store is open, but there's no ride!

I was there Saturday as well. I was suprised to see how quickly they got to putting up the walls and blacking out the sign.

I saw that 'Pardon our Stardust' sign and immediately thought... Woah.. what if this is a clue?? what if USO is planning on getting a version of Hollywood Dream, and BTTF is going to be the future site of the station? That would be better than any Simpsons or Fast and the Furious ride...

I was there Saturday as well. I was suprised to see how quickly they got to putting up the walls and blacking out the sign.

I saw that 'Pardon our Stardust' sign and immediately thought... Woah.. what if this is a clue?? what if USO is planning on getting a version of Hollywood Dream, and BTTF is going to be the future site of the station? That would be better than any Simpsons or Fast and the Furious ride...

I wouldn't protest to that, but I'm not sure they would approve such a project so quickly, considering that the Japanese version opened just a few weeks ago...

I wouldn't protest to that, but I'm not sure they would approve such a project so quickly, considering that the Japanese version opened just a few weeks ago...

Why would they need to wait for the Japanese version to open before "approving" anything? If they wanted to build a B&M hyper, they'd just build one.

^I would think it would be too big of an investment for Univesal to make without knowing the long-term popularity rates of such a new attraction.

But again, I am nearly positive that the ride system will remain as a simulator...

Its a coaster, dude.. Its really a no brainer that a coaster will be popular for years to come, especially since they have 3 others that are incredibly popular as is. Its not like they would be putting in a wild mouse.. They would be putting in Florida's first Hypercoaster, and on top of that it would have amazing visuals and Audio in the cars. Im seeing $$$$$$$$$$

BGT is rumored to be putting in a Hyper similar to Chariot at BGE in 09... I don't see how there is space for a hyper in that area. If they build a hyper, they lose three HHN house spaces back there for two years, and they're supposed to have more houses this coming year.

It's got to be another type of simulator. I vote for the Simpson's because I think of how fun it can be to go on a car ride with homer after a night at Moe's!

If it is a hyper, bring it on! I'd love to see that as well... Or maybe a flying coaster so SFOG can stop boasting themselves here in Otown!

^I would think it would be too big of an investment for Univesal to make without knowing the long-term popularity rates of such a new attraction.

You should talk to your Imagineering friend more often if you really believe that. Why wait for Hollywood Dreams when they have 3 B&M's on property, plus ROTM? Or I guess all the surveys they do are worthless? Or all the other measures they take?

Using your logic, I guess they were crazy to build IoA (no big coasters prior to that, no real water rides, spiderman was first of its kind, etc.)?

So glad that BTTF is finally gone. That ride was so not fun in just about every way. Slow uninteresting queue, lame preshow, lackluster ride...

Hopefully they put something good in it's place...like a giant ball pit with diving boards! It has nothing to do with movies or anything but man, that would kick so much ass!

I'm all for Hollywood dream going in btw. Especially if they found a way for you to upload your own music to your seat! Roller coasters and Gwar...that's what I want!!

You're kidding, right? They don't need to wait and see how a ride performs in one park before building it in another. Universal built both Mummy attractions simultaneously. That cost more than a coaster ever would.

With that said, BTTF will not be replaced with said coaster. How do I know this? Simple - BTTF is nowhere near Hollywood. Kind of a goofy conclusion to pull from the "Pardon our stardust" sign. They use those all the time anyway.

I'm all for Hollywood dream going in btw. Especially if they found a way for you to upload your own music to your seat! Roller coasters and Gwar...that's what I want!!

yeah, an ipod docking station in the clamshell restraints!!

With that said, BTTF will not be replaced with said coaster. How do I know this? Simple - BTTF is nowhere near Hollywood. Kind of a goofy conclusion to pull from the "Pardon our stardust" sign. They use those all the time anyway.

Not really, the trains on HD:TR are built to resemble a shooting star... The signs say 'Pardon our Stardust.' The sign is the same colors as the ride.

I dont remember seeing those signs for the Mummy or Shrek when they were under construction, however I wasnt as much of an enthusiast as I am now to notice...

^Those are the standard Universal construction wall signs. Anything that is walled up (whether it be a new planter or a new ride) has one of those signs on the wall.