TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

I think L.A has the best legitimate shot they've had at the cup for a while! I hope they can make it to the final. Also, The Flyers were probably the team in the East that had the best shot at beating the Pens, so it's lucky that they played them in the first round.

^Ya even if I hated a played (Bertuzzi...) I wouldn't wish injury upon them. A player like Crosby, who is so good for the sport's popularity, being the target of everyone is a little bit annoying. I guess I'll never understand the Crosby hate.

^Ya even if I hated a played (Bertuzzi...) I wouldn't wish injury upon them. A player like Crosby, who is so good for the sport's popularity, being the target of everyone is a little bit annoying. I guess I'll never understand the Crosby hate.

He makes it so easy to hate him. His reputation as the league's "Golden Boy" is incredibly undeserving. If you actually watched the game you would understand why. He is classless and a pussy. Jakub Voracek had lost his glove and when he bent down to pick it up Crosby knocked it away. Here's the conversation from the postgame interview about the incident.

Reporter: "Why'd you knock his glove away?"

Crosby: "Cause I don't like him."

R: "Why don't you like him?"

C: "Cause I don't like him. I don't like anybody on that team."

R: "But you didn't have to knock it away."

C: "What did you expect me to do? Pick it up for him?"

R: "You could have skated away."

C: "Pssh. I don't do that."

He was instigating with everyone possible. He fought Giroux, who's smaller than Crosby, and doesn't throw a punch until the linesman is there trying to break it up. He waited until the linesman was there to protect him to throw a punch. He was instigating with Brayden Schenn and when Schenn says "Do you wanna fight?", Crosby punks out and skates away. Then he goes after Hartnell from behind, and of course Adams has to jump in to protect him because Crosby can't handle himself because he's a pussy. If you ask any fan of any team other than the Penguins and they will tell you that they hate Crosby.

^ We get it, you hate Crosby and the Penguins, you've made that clear in every one of your posts since the playoffs have started. You haven't said a single thing about your own team, and you're so hell-bent on bringing down Sidney Crosby, you have completely ignored the fact that Hunter has publicly called out Boston for targeting Backstrom's head. But talking shit on Sidney Crosby is way more important than the fact that a team is purposely targeting one of your star, recently concussion-riddled players, right?

I'll admit that act was a bit childish, but it's not like things like that don't ever happen at all (Pronger does shit like this all the time). It plainly had a purpose. He's doing whatever he can to try and get the Flyers off their game and get his team back revved up. I've been to games where a goalie would lose his stick and the other team would purposely knock it away from him. Things like that happen all the time, and much more in the playoffs, this one just so happened to be caught by a TV camera. Besides, Philly is obviously having no difficulties whatsoever getting under the skin of every single player on the Penguins, so what did you expect Crosby to do? Go and shake his hand, thanking him for a rousingly good series?

"He fought Giroux, who's smaller than Crosby" - You act like Crosby is some Chara-sized monster. They are the same freaking height and listed at only a 20-something pound difference between the two! You criticize Crosby for fighting, then criticize him for "punking out." Pick one!

You have no idea what was said between the two teams during every minute of every scrum (or even during regular play for that matter). You're forming these opinions and jumping to these conclusion based on the actions you see on TV alone, which is very little to go off in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sorry, I have been holding back for most of the playoffs because I am completely and utterly embarrassed by just about everything involving the Penguins, but your posts are starting to irk me.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^ We get it, you hate Crosby and the Penguins, you've made that clear in every one of your posts since the playoffs have started. You haven't said a single thing about your own team, and you're so hell-bent on bringing down Sidney Crosby, you have completely ignored the fact that Hunter has publicly called out Boston for targeting Backstrom's head. But talking poo-poo on Sidney Crosby is way more important than the fact that a team is purposely targeting one of your star, recently concussion-riddled players, right?

I'll admit that act was a bit childish, but it's not like things like that don't ever happen at all (Pronger does poo-poo like this all the time). It plainly had a purpose. He's doing whatever he can to try and get the Flyers off their game and get his team back revved up. I've been to games where a goalie would lose his stick and the other team would purposely knock it away from him. Things like that happen all the time, and much more in the playoffs, this one just so happened to be caught by a TV camera. Besides, Philly is obviously having no difficulties whatsoever getting under the skin of every single player on the Penguins, so what did you expect Crosby to do? Go and shake his hand, thanking him for a rousingly good series?

"He fought Giroux, who's smaller than Crosby" - You act like Crosby is some Chara-sized monster. They are the same freaking height and listed at only a 20-something pound difference between the two! You criticize Crosby for fighting, then criticize him for "punking out." Pick one!

I'm sorry, I have been holding back for most of the playoffs because I am completely and utterly embarrassed by just about everything involving the Penguins, but your posts are starting to irk me.

I didn't criticize him for fighting, I criticized him for THE WAY he fought. He waited until the linesman was there to protect him to throw a punch. And I haven't really watched much of the Caps-Bruins series because my parents make me stop watching every time I get the slightest bit angry. Backstrom's hearing is complete BS because he's taken worse hits every game. He's taken shots to the head pretty much every shift and he had to stand up for himself. Plus the cross check caused NO injury and he has NO history. If he gets suspended I will be more pissed off than Osama bin-Laden right before he organized 9/11. That may be a cold analogy but it's true.

One other thing I neglected to mention is the fact that Crosby has a camera on him every minute of every shift of every game. So of course every single one of his actions is going to be put under the microscope, no matter how minuscule, to be analyzed, re-analyzed, and over-analyzed by everyone in the hockey world.

^I think so far in the playoffs Asham and Weber have done more damage than Crosby has. Also, your point about the cameras always being on him is spot on. Obviously not everyone is going to like him. For instance, I don't like Patrick Kane.

It's ok though. Unfortunately it looks like Sid won't be in the playoffs for much longer. It's such a shame that that series is going in such a bad direction for the Pens. It's great that the Flyers are kicking tail, but it just seemed like the Pens were going to take the playoffs by storm.

Reporter: "Why'd you knock his glove away?"

Crosby: "Cause I don't like him."

R: "Why don't you like him?"

C: "Cause I don't like him. I don't like anybody on that team."

R: "But you didn't have to knock it away."

C: "What did you expect me to do? Pick it up for him?"

R: "You could have skated away."

C: "Pssh. I don't do that."

So??? Where's the news here?

He was instigating with everyone possible. He fought Giroux, who's smaller than Crosby, and doesn't throw a punch until the linesman is there trying to break it up. He waited until the linesman was there to protect him to throw a punch. He was instigating with Brayden Schenn and when Schenn says "Do you wanna fight?", Crosby punks out and skates away. Then he goes after Hartnell from behind, and of course Adams has to jump in to protect him because Crosby can't handle himself because he's a pussy.

So you're saying if your team's getting beat down in every way possible, that you wouldn't wanna see your captain show some emotion (aka balls) and do anything possible to win? As young as you are, you have no frame of reference, but let me tell you, it's more than Gretzky ever did! Furthermore, add in the fact that Crosby, for all we (and highly trained medical personnel) know, is one head shot away from a lifetime of miserable headaches or worse, and it becomes even more impressive.....at least to me anyway.

In my opinion, you really need to quit playing so much armchair quarterback, man. Maybe your parents need to just take the TV away completely?

If you ask any fan of any team other than the Penguins and they will tell you that they hate Crosby.

I don't. I hate uneducated "fans." Just sayin'.

I'm a Kings fan which I believe is a different team then the Pens. I think Crosby is great for the game, he is a marketable superstar which is something the NHL needs. I've been watching this sport for around 20 years now, and as much as I love rooting for the Kings, I really do love the game of Hockey. If a guy like Crosby gets more people to watch the games then that's great.

In other news how about Daniel Sedin possibly playing tonight? With Dustin Brown hitting everything in sight right now, I'm a little surprised that Vancover would be willing to risk Sedin.

In other news how about Daniel Sedin possibly playing tonight? With Dustin Brown hitting everything in sight right now, I'm a little surprised that Vancover would be willing to risk Sedin.

I believe this would be Vancouver's emergency backup plan. They will do anything possible not to historically be the first #1 seed to lose to an 8-seed.

^Ya even if I hated a player (Bertuzzi...) I wouldn't wish injury upon them. A player like Crosby, who is so good for the sport's popularity, being the target of everyone is a little bit annoying. I guess I'll never understand the Crosby hate.

My comment about "hoping Crosby gets another concussion" has been taken a lil overboard. I would never wish injury on any player, I was being sarcastic. Remember, I happen to be a huge Flyers fan and Pittsburgh is our biggest rival and we are in the middle of the playoff series. Forgive me for showing some team spirit. Lighten up people.

Anyway, Flyers looked HORRIBLE tonight. Defense, goal-tending and taking stupid penalties needs to tighten up ASAP. On to the next one.

My comment about "hoping Crosby gets another concussion" has been taken a lil overboard. I would never wish injury on any player, I was being sarcastic. Remember, I happen to be a huge Flyers fan and Pittsburgh is our biggest rival and we are in the middle of the playoff series. Forgive me for showing some team spirit. Lighten up people.

Internet expression 101.....

I really hope Crosby gets another concussion on Wednesday when the Fly Guys finish the sweep.

How exactly could that be misconstrued as anything but an honest desire to see someone injured? If you're trying to sound sarcastic, then make it obvious, or at least add a " " to it.

IMO, the Penguins game was just a fluke and the Flyers are still in good shape.

The Kings on the other hand, it seems Vancouver got their confidence back and all the lucky bounces that were going the Kings way in games 1-3 went Vancouver's way last night. There were at least 2 occasions where the Kings had a shot hit the goal post without going in.

Hoping the Kings can take game 5 and not give the Canucks any more confidence.