TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

So how do the Jackets follow up their first win of the season? By sh*tting the bed in the final minutes against Buffalo. Typical.

The Sabres just blew one themselves. Blowing the lead and then losing in the last few minutes of the game - fail.

^ As quoted from that article:

The International Ice Hockey Federation said the result, from a game played Saturday at the tournament in Liepaja, Latvia, set a record score for a women's IIHF-sanctioned event. It was not the all-time record for futility, however; that is still held by Thailand, which lost 92-0 to South Korea in the 1998 Asia-Oceania U18 Championship.

There should be a mercy rule in those tournaments.

I don't like the latest realignment proposal one bit. I don't understand why they have to make it so complicated, and can't just do something simple like a Winnipeg for Nashville/Colubmus/Detroit swap?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-realignment-could-result-in-four-divisions-;_ylt=AnmeF8wZZUzZ3MRL4JFbIwl7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp16144

^ I found the below article kind of interesting on how complex of an issue it is, and a few of the options they have to consider.

What it comes down to is that they need 20 of 30 teams to agree to the re-alignment. And quite a few teams have personal interest in the matter.

I agree though, I don't like the radical change option. I'd rather see something simple like swapping Nashville and Winnipeg.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=377916

I don't like the latest realignment proposal one bit. I don't understand why they have to make it so complicated, and can't just do something simple like a Winnipeg for Nashville/Colubmus/Detroit swap?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-realignment-could-result-in-four-divisions-;_ylt=AnmeF8wZZUzZ3MRL4JFbIwl7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp16144

Exactly, that is the most logical solution in my opinion. The only way this method could be screwed up is if one of the teams throws a major hissy fit. Columbus or Detroit would be best suited for moving to the East. Personally I'd love to see Detroit move to the East and start a good rivalry with the majority of the Original Six teams.

And beatle, that vid you posted on the last page is fan-friggin-tastic!!! I follow western conference teams and rarely see the leafs play, those three can tear things up!

Has anybody heard the latest Coyotes issue? The team had a private Halloween party, key word here is private. Raffi Torres and his wife went as Jay-Z and Beyonce. Paul Bissonnette being the twitter adict he is posted a pic online which put the Torres' "black face" all over the interwebs. A big sports writer for the LA times wrote a column ripping the franchise and Torres apart for this "racial insensitivity." A) it was a HALLOWEEN party, you know, people dress up to be things they really aren't and B) a white writer is pulling the race card. The local sports radio talk shows were talking about this all day yesterday. Black listeners calling in saying that this isn't black face to them and they're more pissed at the writer for deciding what's offensive or not. I guess this guy is just upset because he doesn't have the Lakers to follow. Here's the article. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/11/raffi-torres-in-blackface-is-a-disgrace-to-the-nhl.html

Americans nowadays are FAR too sensitive. It is not racism, it is some guy dressing up for halloween. The guy who wrote that article needs to get his panties out of a bunch (is that the proper saying?) and learn how to take a freaking joke.

Edit: I also want to add that my friend dressed up as Osama bin Laden for Halloween and were people offended? NO!!! They were not offended, they found it hilarious. There is no reason why this guy should be offended either.

What I found even better is he brought the SB-1070 bill into play (for those who don't know this bill got AZ a lot of flak because it allows the state to be more strict on illegal imigration which is a big issue even as far north as Phoenix is). Raffi's parents are immigrants, his father is Mexican and his mother is from Peru, who moved to Canada legally and now he is here working legally. He is proud to be in a latino population so he can do what he can to get hockey involved in other cultures. This writer was just having a bad day and needed something to cry about, maybe because the yotes beat the Kings on Saturday

Looks like Sean Ovary is back with the Rangers. I still can't wrap my head around why they WANT him back.

HBO 24/7. Love him or hate him, he is a very entertaining player on and off the ice.

I think you got the terms "entertaining" and "worthless" confused. He's a douchebag....on and off the ice. Take the stick out of his hands, and let him keep designing women's handbags.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Toronto Maple Leafs are currently in first place in the NHL!

You're very welcome.

Love, a discouraged and disgruntled Blue Jackets fan who is rapidly losing hope for our season.

The bigger question is can they hold it. Its far too early to start calling teams in first place yet imo. Once we hit the Winter Classic I'll be a bit more interested in the standings. Till then though, I will give a congrats to the Leafs - solid hockey so far this year.