TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 Presidential Election

Talk and speculation is beginning to happen over who will be running for president in 2008. On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton, Obama, and John Edwards are the most likely to be the one to run. There has also been speculation of Al Gore running, ever since he won the Oscar. On the Republican side, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, and Mit Rooney are the most likely. Who do you want to see run and win, and why? On the Republican side, I would like to see Giuliani run, and on the Democratic side, Al Gore. Of those two, who I would rather see win, I'm not sure of yet. This election especially interests me because it will be the first one where I will be able to vote.

If you want to do some research on this, my favorite news source is www.msnbc.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillary for Dems, Giuliani for Republican. Either way, I want Hillary to win. I know a lot of women that can run businesses better than men, so I'm all for her winning!

If she doesn't make it in the ticket, then I don't care who the Democrat nom is, I'm voting for Giuliani.

I am not a big Hillary fan and it is not because she is a woman, its her ideas. A lot of people (my mom included) are going to vote for Hillary because she is a women which is a wrong reason. Mit Rooney is my choice because he is against amnesty which is the biggest problem in southern California. McCain is who I think will win but he is going to give illegal immigrants amnesty which makes me mad.

I am not a big Hillary fan and it is not because she is a woman, its her ideas. A lot of people (my mom included) are going to vote for Hillary because she is a women which is a wrong reason. Mit Rooney is my choice because he is against amnesty which is the biggest problem in southern California. McCain is who I think will win but he is going to give illegal immigrants amnesty which makes me mad.

Well, the issue here is that if you vote against Hillary, then you're sort of trying to stop America from having a female president, and this might make you feel guilty, but if you vote for her just to get a female into the presidency, then you're going against your morals, if you don't like her politics.

Or something. I don't know if that's a good way to put it...

I don't think not voting for Hilary means you are against a woman president. I would really like to see a woman as president, but that doesn't mean I should ignore other needed qualities for one to be president. From what I know about Hilary, she just doesn't seem to have a grip on those presidential qualities. But I can't definitely say that as I haven't researched her campaign.

I like Obama, but I think he's too young and inexperienced. I've always liked Al Gore. I even like McCain because he seems honest.

But I'm 100% behind HILLARY!! (not just because she's a woman, but because I've always admired her strength, intelligence, honesty, passion, and all those other qualtites that make a good Pres.)

Im scared of Hillary running. If afraid too many people will end up voting for her just becasue shes a woman. Besides, hasn't she basically already had her 8 years in office?

I havn't payed too much attention to the race yet so my vote would be rather useless at this point... But if i had to pick one right now it would probably be Rudy Giuliani.

^ but at the same time, I heard a survey a while back that said something like 30% of voters would never consider voting for a woman. Thats a third of the votes lost off the top, that would be impossible to win!

of course she has a year and a half to change people's minds if she does lock up the bid...

Obama all the way!

I would vote for Clinton if it came to that (and I could vote), but I don't like her ideas much and we DON'T need "Bush-Clinton-Bush2-Clinton2."

Let's get someone else. This is getting boring.

But it could get even better if we have Jeb in 2016 and 2020, and then Chelsea in 2024 and 2028 to add Bush3-Clinton3!

Ron "Bush Twins in 2032!" Patton

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I don't think Giuliani is going to be the one for the Republicans, even though he is the frontrunner at the moment. He gave a really bad speech with a really bad sound bite last weekend ("Sometimes, I disagree with myself") that you know his opponents are going to use again and again. I also find it hard to believe that the far-right "base" is going to go for a thrice-married former mayor of New York City who supports abortion rights--even his handling of 9-11 is being called into question now.

Then again, Newt Gingrich, an acknowledged adulterer ( ), is going to give the commencement address at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University in Virginia this spring, so I guess anything's possible.

anyone but Hillary

Agreed.

Triple agree

Quadruple agree, and I'm fully liberal. I personally don't care for her one bit. Hillary is too polarizing, she'd be like the left-wing Bush, which is NOT what the country needs right now. I'm for Obama right now, but I'd support Edwards if he won the nom.

anyone but Hillary

Agreed.

Triple agree

Quadruple agree, and I'm fully liberal. I personally don't care for her one bit. Hillary is too polarizing, she'd be like the left-wing Bush, which is NOT what the country needs right now. I'm for Obama right now, but I'd support Edwards if he won the nom.

Not to mention the fact that she just sucks. She has none of Bill's charisma, and she backs stupid stuff like federal regulation of video games.

I think Bloomberg would be decent, as he seems to be more focused running things smoothly than playing politics and robbing government coffers. NYC residents please let me know if I'm off in this observation.