TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Seaworld Orlando Has "Big news"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already announced their waterpark back in like, Summer 2005. Then again, this press conference could be the specifics of the additions.

Oh, and didn't Screamscape post a picture of parts for a Rockin' Tug on site of SWF?

Ooo. This is exciting.

I love how they can make it look HUGE in the photos, but in real life.... the construction zone is as big as shamu stadium.

Ultra excited though. I love waterparks.

I wish there was more where I live.

Yeah well, we're still not sure Robb is KT's daddy. Only Maury Povich can figure this case out!

*on topic with a serious reply*

I am glad the slide pieces in Thrasher's update wasn't making Aquatica look like a Hurricane Harbor and still have the Dolphin ponds and such. It really looks like a great water park, although it still looks a little too similar to a Hurricane Harbor water park (like the one at SFGAm and SFGAdv.

Yeah well, we're still not sure Robb is KT's daddy. Only Maury Povich can figure this case out!

This is some Jerry Springer worthy stuff! Somebody call Dr. Phil!

But on a serous note, the park looks interesting, but as someone who has lived in Orlando and been to every water park in the area, I can say that I am skeptical about this park. Here are my hopes for Aquatica:

1. The wave pools will not at any point become a focal point of the park (leading for comparisons between Aquatica and Typhoon Lagoon).

2. There are more than just two slides that go through the different habitats, as these slides will have horrible lines to begin with. Considering that most of these slides depict a 1-2 rider per release rate, they will be like all other parks in that they have a low rider per hour capacity rate.

3. We get some kind of water coaster (in the vein of Deluge or Crush n' Gusher)

4. At least one slide with a somewhat steep incline (in the vein of The Bomb Bay or Der Stuka at Wet n' Wild Orlando)

These are just some hopes I have for the park, though I expect only one or two of them to actually happen...

But on a serous note, the park looks interesting, but as someone who has lived in Orlando and been to every water park in the area, I can say that I am skeptical about this park

I could not agree with you more!

I too live in Florida and have pretty much been to every water park here.

Also is this park going to be like six flags were it is included in your parks admission or were it is a seperate cost?

^This will be a seperate ticketed park, much like Adventure Island is for Busch Gardens, though they will offer ticket deals for the main park and the water park (and possibly even Discovery Cove) after the new park has been open for a while. I don't expect any deals to come within the first year of operation of the park...