TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters of Six Flags Magic Mountain - Updated

I am going to LA this June and I'm afraid by the fact it's summer holiday which means there will be so many long lines in all of the theme parks. So in Magic Mountain, which coaster should I ride first? And then what other coasters should I ride after this coaster in order? Can you also tell me the coasters that usually have long waiting time?

Thank you.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should do the coasters in this order:

X

Tatsu

Deja Vu (if open this early)

Riddler's Revenge

Goldrusher

Batman

Scream!

Colossus

Superman

Ninja

Goliath

Revolution

Viper

That is, if all of those coasters are open. Also, if you head back to Deja Vu later, be sure to take advantage of the Single Rider Line. You can cut the ride wait significantly.

---Brent

I would do X, then Deja...save Tatsu till the line dies down later. Or even better, BUY FLASHPASSES.

X

Deja (single rider if line long)

Goldrusher

Superman

Ninja

Riddler

Batman

Scream

Colossus

Goliath (flashpass if needed)

Kiddie

Revolution (flashpass if needed)

Tatsu (Flashpass if needed)

Viper (Flashpass if needed)

Depending on when X and Deja open (like if they open with the park) and if you get to the park by 9:15, are in the front of the line, and RUN TO X, you should be able to get through Colossus before even stopping for food!

Like mentioned above already, the two rides you MUST make a mad dash to first are X and Deja Vu. Due to its two station design with a separate load and unload sequence, X has very slow loading times, regardless if the crew is working as fast as they can. Deja Vu, as a shuttle coaster, has horrible capacity --- so once a long queue starts piling up at these two coasters, the line WILL STAY THAT WAY all day, not to mention Flashpass is not accepted at both these coasters.

And since X and Deja Vu are on the far left side of the park, take a counterclockwise route starting from X and finish at Goliath.

^ Here's the thing...X and Deja Vu used to have Flashpass. Does anybody really have to ask why they don't anymore?

Here you have two coasters that take between 5-10 minutes to dispatch one train (regardless if operators are working fast). There are 250 people ahead of you in line. Then you see a groups of 4 people "cut" you in a bypass queue line while you, in the regular line, have not moved even three steps in the past 8 minutes. Don't tell me you aren't pissed.

People aren't as likely to complain about Flashpass holders cutting them if the regular line they are waiting in is constantly moving forward. But if they're already waiting 2 hours in a VERY SLOW moving line to see that their seats are being taken by other people, people will get really annoyed.

You'll notice ALL of Magic Mountain's Flashpass-valid attractions are their highest capacity rides. Goliath, Tatsu, Riddler's Revenge, Scream!, Viper.

Here's what I would do...Run to X before the lift hill blows up again, then Tatsu and then go to Riddler's Revenge and ride that coaster for the rest of the day. After riding Riddler's, all other rides seem like blah!

^ Here's the thing...X and Deja Vu used to have Flashpass. Does anybody really have to ask why they don't anymore?

Here you have two coasters that take between 5-10 minutes to dispatch one train (regardless if operators are working fast). There are 250 people ahead of you in line. Then you see a groups of 4 people "cut" you in a bypass queue line while you, in the regular line, have not moved even three steps in the past 8 minutes. Don't tell me you aren't pissed.

People aren't as likely to complain about Flashpass holders cutting them if the regular line they are waiting in is constantly moving forward. But if they're already waiting 2 hours in a VERY SLOW moving line to see that their seats are being taken by other people, people will get really annoyed.

You'll notice ALL of Magic Mountain's Flashpass-valid attractions are their highest capacity rides. Goliath, Tatsu, Riddler's Revenge, Scream!, Viper.

No I would be pissed, but I just didn't know they didn't have flashpass thats all. Sorry, I just never been to Magic Mountain so I didn't know.

And since X and Deja Vu are on the far left side of the park, take a counterclockwise route starting from X and finish at Goliath.

Forgive him, he is young and only has a digital watch. You want to circle the park in a clockwise direction.

As for advice, listen to SharkTums. It works, I have conquered the park twice using this method.

take between 5-10 minutes to dispatch one train (regardless if operators are working fast). There are 250 people ahead of you in line. Then you see a groups of 4 people "cut" you in a bypass queue line while you, in the regular line, have not moved even three steps in the past 8 minutes. Don't tell me you aren't pissed.

Sounds like El Toro to me!

And Kingda Ka especially at the end of the season. 2 trains running, 1 dedicated to Flashpass and I heard on the non Flashpass train, 2 rows of that train were reserved for people using the VIP program. So the ride was running at less than 1/4 capacity for non Flashpass and non VIP riders.

Forgive him, he is young and only has a digital watch. You want to circle the park in a clockwise direction.

As for advice, listen to SharkTums. It works, I have conquered the park twice using this method.

LOL!! Small mistake. Brain fart, can't believe I did that. Thanks for the correction.

I would do X, then Deja...save Tatsu till the line dies down later. Or even better, BUY FLASHPASSES.

X

Deja (single rider if line long)

Goldrusher

Superman

Ninja

Riddler

Batman

Scream

Colossus

Goliath (flashpass if needed)

Kiddie

Revolution (flashpass if needed)

Tatsu (Flashpass if needed)

Viper (Flashpass if needed)

Depending on when X and Deja open (like if they open with the park) and if you get to the park by 9:15, are in the front of the line, and RUN TO X, you should be able to get through Colossus before even stopping for food!

FOLLOW WHAT ELISSA SAYS!!!! SHE KNOWS!!!! DO *NOT* GO TO TATSU AFTER X!!!

I have to be honest here I think a lot of you are giving him really, really BAD advice!

All of you who are telling him to go to X then Tatsu are basically sending him into an hour or more line at Tatsu that can be totally avoided!

And while he's in that hour or more line at Tatsu after X, all the other rides in the park are also getting much longer lines.

That strategy will only turn into a frustrating horrible day at the park, especially in June when it's busy.

Instead, do what Elissa said....

Hit up X first, as Elissa suggested, then *RUN* over to Deja. If X actually opens with the park, and you're one of the first in line, you should get to Deja by about 10:30 - 10:45 and still find a fairly short line for it. Tatsu will be at least an hour, if not more by then.

The back half of the park should be totally empty as well.

I've done visits to the park where I've gotten in X, Deja, Superman, Ninja, Riddler's, Batman, Colossus, & Scream all before noon!

Also, since he says he'll be here in June, that's the start of the busier season. You're going to *NEED* Flashpasses. It's well worth the $20 to NOT have to wait an hour or more for Tatsu.

Bite the bullet and get them. Why wait in line when you don't have to?

--Robb

take between 5-10 minutes to dispatch one train (regardless if operators are working fast). There are 250 people ahead of you in line. Then you see a groups of 4 people "cut" you in a bypass queue line while you, in the regular line, have not moved even three steps in the past 8 minutes. Don't tell me you aren't pissed.

Sounds like El Toro to me!

LOL, yeah it does, but El Toro is one kick @$$ ride! It's tied in my number one spot!

• 5 months later...

First, I wanna thank you all for all of the advice. But I finally follow what Robb and Elissa said. We had such a great day there... or we must say superb!

First I wanna say sorry because there will be no photo for the trip report. We left our camera 'out of battery' and we forgot to charge the camera the day before the D-Day.

On June 25, the park was opened at 10.30 a.m. I and my dad came to the park right at 11.00 a.m. I was a bit worried already about the half-hour late. We went through the pathway and bought tickets for two, include 4 flash-pass for me only. But as soon as we reached Tatsu thay day, we realized that we actually didn't need any of those passes.

Right after we went in, I went straight to X. My dad waited outside te exit 'cause he didn't want to go on it. I must say, being late 30 minutes wasn't that bad. I had a 20-minute wait for X and I finally got the 2nd row. Overall, X was the weirdest coaster I've ever been on. The feeling when you go on it is undescribeable and you had this feeling through the whole ride that you're gonna fall down from your seat. The drop was amazing because they actually face you to the ground. 9/10 for the head-banging moment.

Next, I rode Viper which wasn't bad at all. It wasn't anything special except it had 7 inversions consists of different kinds of inversion. It was also bumpy when I was there. 7/10. While I like this ride, there's nothing special.

We passed Tatsu and my dad said that I should go on it. And he was right. The wait wasn't really that long as I was afraid of. It was like only 20 minutes or so, which made me NOT using the flash-pass. Tatsu is one of the best coaster I've ever been on and scary, especially if you ride the front seat! It was fast, thrilling, exciting with the upside down and much more. The view from the top was amazing that I forgot that I was on a roller coaster. 10/10 for a smooth yet thrilling ride!

Deja Vu was actually pretty scary. Being lifted up vertically, I felt a bit sick and then it just dropped very fast. The backward wasn't as scary as the forward. The ride is pretty short but because it's a boomerang-style, I think it's OK. 7/10.

When I reached the back of the park, I realized something was wrong. I got the lot was almost empty. Where is everyone? I know Robb and Elissa already said that the back part will be empty, but I never realize it will be this empty!

So, I got on The Riddler's Revenge easily. It was a walk-on wait and I got the first row. Fantastic. The ride was extremely thrilling. But on the other hand, the seats weren't that comfortable and it was a bit hurt for my... um... you guys know! 8/10. This was my first stand-up coaster so I appreciated it very much!

By 13.45, I was already on Batman the Ride. The coaster was really short and it was actually the worst inverted coaster I've ever been on. There was something wrong about the corkscrews. It was a wing-over. I didn't know what was that but when you reached the top of the corkscrew, it spins really fast. It created such a strong force that I had a black-out moment during the ride. I didn't like it very much, so I give it 5.5/10.

We chose to skip Gold Rusher and Freefall and Daredevil because we already rode that years ago. So after that I went again along the way to Colossus. The coaster was almost empty so once again I easily got the front row. Colossus wasn't as rough as GhostRider but the ride was kind of slow. It drops and then the turn was really slow. It wasn't like I expect from Roller Coaster Tycoon 2! 5/10. I was disappointed.

On the other hand, Scream! was a really good coaster in excitement (not in the area). Its floorless style train really works for me and the inversions were cool enough to sent me to brief black-out. 8/10.

We went through to Goliath. The line wasn't that bad. Yes, there was a slight of crowd, but I managed to get first row (again!). The lift hill was amazing, so do the view from the top. The moment when you are about to drop is my favorite. They slowed down the train and then it just goes down really fast! The ride was very exciting, and I had a black-out at the last helix. I think it was about 2 or 3 Gs there. 9.5/10. Once again, Goliath proves that older coasters can still beat the newer ones.

It was about 3 p.m. and we walked to Superman the Escape. This time my dad went on it! We queued for about 15 minutes before we got on the second row. Superman was extremely short ride, but the coaster was fantastic. 6 seconds of weightlessness! It was one of the best feeling I've ever had. 9/10. I would go on it again and again.

Exiting the ride, we went directly to Ninja, a cute suspended coaster. With its new painted track, we hoped that the ride became slightly smoother or whatever. The ride was quite smooth, but rough in some parts. Still, it was quite thrilling enough. 7/10.

And then we took a go on Revolution. It was quite rough with some head-banging. The coaster was a bit old, but I loved the sound the train makes with the track. It was like Venus in Spaceworld in Japan. 6/10. Nothing special, but it's classic!

With 4 flash-passes still begging to be used, I went on Tatsu, Superman the Escape (without pass), Goliath, Viper and The Riddler's Revenge.

At about 5 p.m., we celebrated our good day at Mooseburger's Lodge. The restaurant was much more themed than any other restaurants in the park. The food was kind of good, but the entertainments sucks. I even saw some people made jokes about it. Still it got 7/10 from me.

Now, the above report was only for the rides. The parks was quite nice. More trees and more other greeny stuffs. But I felt the way they put some of the newer coasters were bad. Take a look and Scream! which was built on the parking lot. They didn't even brush off the lines used for the parking. Then look at X. It was like just a deserted coaster with a lot of people on it (so opposite, eh?).

The staffs on Tatsu weren't really 'right'. They were speaking and joking right at the microphones. I was like, "What?!" They said such things as, "AHAHAHA!" and "BOOM BOOM," and "BSH...BSH...," and more.

I was thinking if the ticket price was wrong. $59? Disney is $63. That just doesn't make sense to me.

But one thing I notice was that the park was much cleaner than my last visit in 2001. There weren't that much dirt and trashes on the path, and it really made my mood up. I think they put a great effort in cleaning the park.

Overall, I enjoyed the day very much, with some disturbances I mentioned above. I hoped they will work on the park more so that the park can be more successful like Cedar Point or else.

Now, I would like to hear from you guys what do you think about the park and the experience you have there. I really appreciate it.

Once again, thanks everyone!