TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Change for the Better

I was reading the neutered coaster thread, and I realized that there were coasters that actually were bad, but got better on later visits.

Cyclops-I really hated this coaster in 2005, and when I went this year, I wasn't expecting a better ride. To my surprise, this ride turned out great. While it is not a long ride, it delivers quite a thrill, and the banked drops actually produced air time which I didn't notice on my last visit.

Raging Bull: Last year this ride was trimmed to hell, but in 2006, the trims didn't seem to be on as much. There was actually some good air time on the hills, and the only trim that was on hard was the final one before you hit the brake run.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One i'd like to see is DejaVu's catch cars changed to proximity switches instead of timers (yes I know it has tons of prox switches, but thats not what the catchers run with). Whatever Vekoma moron that decided to go with timers deserves a dunce cap. Train speeds vary greatly, between load and weather conditions. Prox switches can measure the speed between cars etc which can put the catcher in better position, whilst timers dont work at all especially in really hot or cold weather because the train is traveling at different speeds and the PLC has to be adjusted (which is a major pain in the rear because it has to be played with and you go 1ms off and it miscatches over and over, those take awhile to reset). Its the same thing all the time, you find a good setting then it gets hot and starts retracting or misparking like crazy, then it gets cold and starts miscatching like crazy....Granted that wont happen because its not the way the ride is designed, but it should.

Raptor at CP used to be slowed down a LOT in the trim section now its barely trimmed at all.

I noticed that too, i even thought there was a little air comming off the MCBR. Another big improvement was FOF w/out the OTSR, i didn't even get to ride it with and i know it would be painful just by how much my head jerked going into the cobra roll.

Kevin "The title of this thread reminds me of Wicked " M.