TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Conference Call 12/12

Just so you know I originally wrote this for a SFGAm based website, so that is why there is a bit more focus on SFGAm but there is a lot of good information here.

Replay of the webcast is available at :

Six Flags Investors

Ok here is a breakdown of the lots and lots of new news that was announced today.

First, SF has entered into an agreement with HIT entertainment which has rights to the popular brand "Thomas And Friends". For 2007 3 parks will get a Thomas and Friends play area which will feature Thomas based rides and meet and greets with Sir Toppam Hat etc. 3 more will be added in 2008 for a total of 6 parks with a Thomas area. Note : This is a completely new area and does not have anything to do with a park's railroad, if it has one.

Secondly, there was more talk of the Wiggles and SFGAdv as well as 2 other unnamed parks will get a new Wiggles themed play area with rides based off of the Wiggles characters. Also on their US tour the Wiggles will be promoting Six Flags and may possibly be selling tickets for Six Flags at the concerts.

Third, to help with the tween demographic (9-12) (It does say on the press release 12-24 but in the conference call Shaprio refered to the tween demographic with Tony Hawk for the 9-12 age bracket.) 2 new Tony Hawk themed rides 1 at SFOT the other to a unnamed park. More merchandise will be available to buy from his clothing line etc. More rides besides the 2 announced are expected in upcoming years.

Fourth, mtvU, MTV's University channel will be having a summer concert series at Six Flags around the country. This will be in addition to the Thursday concert series happening at all Six Flags.

Fifth, Cold Stone Creamery will be installed in at least 6 parks with SFNE being the only park installed with an actual cold stone on a trial basis. The other will use another way to make their ice cream. Also in this area Panda Express which currently has 6 locations will be increased to at least 12 locations throughout Six Flags.

Sixth, Heniz catchup is now the offical catchup of Six Flags. Also a Corporate Partner (Same level with Home Depot etc.) New deals with peel off labels for discounts.

Seventh, Holiday in the park will be expanded in Warm weather markets only. Coming this month to SFFT and SFMW.

Eighth, besides expanding Panda Express new offerings featuring Thai and Greek food will be offered in select parks.

That is the new information for operations park wide on a breakdown of whats available at individual parks :

SFOT- New show in collaboration with Cirque Productions that will occur summer nights at about 9 PM. Also will keep park open til 11 PM (Normally closes at 10 PM) With lighting and theming like that of Holiday in the parks.

SFGAdv - Safari will no longer be free, in part with this upgrade there will be more close up encounters with the animals, no price has been announced.

Great Escape- New Tornado ride that when it first opens will only be able to be ridden by season pass holders until June 22nd.

Ok and now to the main topic at hand... SFGAm...

Here is what was said with respect to SFGAm.

1. New show Operation Spygirl.

2. Land that the park owns that is considered "excess" land is either up for sale or is in preliminary talks with hotels for possible use. Will not allow fast food places etc. to be built on this land.

3. More to come later.

As to the sale of other parks. Total of 9 are for sale, prefer them to be sold as a group.

PARKS WILL BE SOLD AS A CONTINUING OPERATION. I.E. They will not be sold for land!

The decision to sell parks etc. will be made by Jan. 1st.

Also, NO TICKET PRICE INCREASES. And Magic Mountain is offering free Kid's season pass with their current promotion of Play Pass ( Pay for 1 day get a free season pass.)

Also more money will be made available for more staffing as well as better staff training. Shaprio said no matter how many new rides etc. they put in, customers come back based on great employees. Also has tied individual park GM's performance to their bonuses.

Ah yes and one more thing I almost forgot, besides adding Superman and the rest of the Justice League, select parks will also have a actual Hall of Justice and also will feature the Legion of Doom characters and similar hideout.

Thats about all I can think of right now, it was a long conference call about 2 hours.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Nothing too surprising. It was interesting to hear they are continuing to push for the younger demographic. Soccer Moms = Cash - but do soccer moms have much interest yet in Six Flags?

I am however a bit confused by the Cold Stone Creamery announcement.. only one location will have an actual cold stone... WTF is the point then!?!?!

the popular brand "Thomas And Friends". For 2007 3 parks will get a Thomas and Friends play area which will feature Thomas based rides and meet and greets with Sir Toppam Hat etc.

I assume this is Thomas the Tank Engine as we know him in the UK. I also assume Sir Toppam Hat is the American name for the character the Fat Controller, the original name obviously isn't PC enough.

My brother is a huge Thomas the Tank Engine fan so be interested to know what the play area will consist of.

Meh. Nothing too surprising. It was interesting to hear they are continuing to push for the younger demographic. Soccer Moms = Cash - but do soccer moms have much interest yet in Six Flags?

I am however a bit confused by the Cold Stone Creamery announcement.. only one location will have an actual cold stone... WTF is the point then!?!?!

There was a trial install at one of the parks according to what was written. This will expand that into a more full partnership with coldstone being offered at more parks.

All of the annoucements sound ok, but I have neva heard of this tony hawk who is he and i saw the virutal for the spinning mouse at SFFT and I dont see a big deal. Six flags has always put up rides but no real themeing. I really wanted to see a good themed ride like the ride Escape To Pompei, Jurassic Park, Mt Everest ride. If there was more themeing I think the parks would do better. The are fun to go to for rides but nothing really what I call pretty like Isle of Adventure. I would luv to see a big mountain with ice, water, fire, trees, and whatever else it takes to make u feel like u are really in another place, not like the runaway mountain at SFOT or the dark ride at Great Adventure where a rollercoaster goes into a dark room and really doesnt do anything. At any rate I think employee service, ride operations, cleanliness, and total running of cars at all times will boost attendance. Also put fire under the ride operators and make them move fast not drag like they dont want to be at work, that holds the line up.

SOmeone warn the Wiggles about what they're getting sucked into, with all of this Six Flags business. They deserve better!

BTW, Rosella Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) is better the Heinz. Even though i don't like Ketchup/Tomato Suace.

I like Mustard though. What's the official Mustard of Six Flags?

With the Cold Stone idea, they could be building a seperate stand for just Cold Stone at SFNE and at the other 5 parks, they'll just sell Cold Stone's ice cream in an already existing stand.

They've done this for awhile at SFGAM, they sell some brand of ice cream in firehouse pizza while the main product that they sell is pizza.