TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

I also like Eric's idea that Disney should feature "Studio Tour" and "Sounds Dangerous" cocktails, as well. A "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" drink would also rule!

Edited by cfc

^Brings a whole new meaning to drinking around the (Disney) World!

As far as the Disney vs. Universal debate...ultimately, "a rising tide lifts all boats." The success of one resort will generally only improve the fortunes of the other, as many people will opt to extend their Orlando vacations.

As far as the Disney vs. Universal debate...ultimately, "a rising tide lifts all boats." The success of one resort will generally only improve the fortunes of the other, as many people will opt to extend their Orlando vacations.

It's not a concept people seem to be able to grasp. Most people want to believe that "their favorite" resort is taking cash away from the other, when in reality, the more attractions they all build, the more money is brought into Orlando as a whole.

Edited by robbalvey

It's not a concept people seem to be able to grasp. Most people want to believe that "their favorite" resort is taking cash away from the other, when in reality, the more attractions they all build, the more money is brought into Orlando as a whole.

A concept I didn't really grasp until given a thorough talk-to. I do sincerely apologize about eluding to this nonsensical topic when I didn't know any better; I had absolutely no idea it would snowball into what it is now.

That concept could be applied to SoCal as well. There's even a Southern California "package" that includes the major parks plus the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, so everyone gets benefits from the other. Though, unlike Orlando, there's not that much space to expand around unless you level some city blocks in any direction... or you're Six Flags and you're in the freaking mountains where no one else is.

Btw, looking at all of the food, drinks and desserts makes me super envious of you guys. We got Culinary Week in San Diego, but it's just not the same as an international smorgasbord.

Though, unlike Orlando, there's not that much space to expand around unless you level some city blocks in any direction... or you're Six Flags and you're in the freaking mountains where no one else is.

There's somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 people living in the "freaking mountains where no one else is" near Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Just sayin'.

Though, unlike Orlando, there's not that much space to expand around unless you level some city blocks in any direction... or you're Six Flags and you're in the freaking mountains where no one else is.

There's somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 people living in the "freaking mountains where no one else is" near Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, someone really needs to take a closer look at what the Santa Clarita Valley is and notice how much that area is expanding.

Oi, this time I know what I'm saying. Even with Santa Clarita growing (though Six Flags is labeled to be in Valencia... which I guess is a local neighborhood), Magic Mountain still has a large lot to the east, a ridiculously big parking lot to the north (which they've expanded into already), and hilly wilderness west and south of the park, along with the hole Deja-Vu left behind. Unless the city has plans in development for those aforementioned areas, Six Flags, unlike a majority of SoCal parks, has ample room to grow if they really need to. Which I guess won't be for a long time, since stacking rides on top of each other on top of a mountain seems to be working fine at the moment.

Now then, EPCOT. I know there's been rumors that Soarin' in DCA might turn into "Soarin' Over the Horizon" when/if they replace the old show, but it looks like those rumors have spread to The Land pavilion as well. According to Screamscape, there's been office trailers and containers being moved around behind the pavilion, apparently making way for new construction behind the building. I don't live anywhere near Orlando, so I have no way of confirming or denying this. But given how dated the current film is, and that it really doesn't fit in at EPCOT, I think it would be a much nicer, suitable fit, should this rumor be true and they go ahead with it.

... at this point I think I'll just sit in the corner and wait for things to die down while I think about what I've done.

That's what's so great about the area for entertainment - there's just so much appeal to so many different audiences.

Oi, this time I know what I'm saying. Even with Santa Clarita growing (though Six Flags is labeled to be in Valencia... which I guess is a local neighborhood), Magic Mountain still has a large lot to the east, a ridiculously big parking lot to the north (which they've expanded into already), and hilly wilderness west and south of the park, along with the hole Deja-Vu left behind. Unless the city has plans in development for those aforementioned areas, Six Flags, unlike a majority of SoCal parks, has ample room to grow if they really need to. Which I guess won't be for a long time, since stacking rides on top of each other on top of a mountain seems to be working fine at the moment.

I think you should quit while you are ahead. All of that "Hilly Wilderness" is not owned by Six Flags and will eventually be developed.

Just got my time off approved from work after months of worrying I'd have to cancel, so I'll be there myself, just in time to catch the last day of the food and wine festival! Only one day to try so much food though...going to be almost impossible to choose, so I'm taking notes from everyone else here! The Hawaiian pork slider does look good...

...and I'm glad I won't -completely- miss the Maelstrom. That looks like my kind of drink!

Not going to be easy to get much work done for the next few weeks now, can't think about much but Disney!. It's not my first trip there, but it'll be the first time I'll be staying in the restort (Old Key West), or eating at the major restaurants there, first time getting to try out the Magic Band, etc...so, just a little bit excited!

I'm still partial to the Hawaiian Pork Slider, but the Yard Bird and the Japanese Gyoza Bun come REALLY REALLY close!

I didn't have one bad item there last Tuesday, but the Yardbird stood out for me. It's all good stuff.

I remember going on Maelstrom in 1989 and remembering it as awesome.

Then when I rode it again in 2006, I was wondering just what I thought was so awesome.

I enjoyed the Mexico boat ride better because they let you bring your Margaritas on board...

Wait, Maelstrom was a ride too? lol. J/K. I've been to WDW 10 times in my life and can only remember riding Maelstrom twice.

My daughter is 3 and is a Frozen junkie (what 3yo girl isn't, right?!) and will love to ride the new ride when we take her to WDW for her first visit. We are tentatively planning our next trip to WDW for the summer of 2016. If we can make the trip, it will be my 12th visit to a Disney property (did a Magic Music Days Parade on New Year’s Eve and rang in 1999 at DL), my wife's 6th, son's 2nd and daughter's 1st.

Holiday World is my home park, but I am a Disney nut as well...lol.

Love this site and the lively discussion, even though I don't like riding roller coasters.

Adam