TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Internet Wood Coaster Poll Results Are IN!

I can't believe that the Coaster at Playland made #19! I live about an hour away from Playland and I've been on that coaster more times than any 5 people put together, so far my count is 1653 times on it since i went onto it over 15 years ago. Hey Robb try beating that!

Why does everything have to be a freaking contest?

I just want to have a good time riding coasters and don't really care about how many times I've been on something.

--Robb "Who has never bothered to count how many times I've ridden X coaster...." Alvey

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 3 Intamin Woodies in the Top 10...I'll take that!

Oh, and I'll still never understand the love for Boulderdash, I've ridden it at some of the "BEST EVENT EVER" events, and didn't think anything of it. Odd.

I totally agree. It is my least favorite coaster out of the 62 wooden and steel I have ridden. Nothing but jackhammering on the bottoms of hills, forceless, hardly ANY airtime, and way overrated.

When did you ride? It had a really bad year this year, and unless you got a late night ride, it was nothing great. The jackhammering wasn't really there in 05, and is being retracked this year so hopefully it will run better.

The ride itself is VERY inconsistent. One day you can ride it and it will fly and have crazy air everywhere, other days you don't even start to get air and it feels as if it's going to roll back. I guess thats why it's such a love/hate ride...

I had heard BoulderDash wasn't running well this summer so I'm waiting til 2007 to visit again since I'm not a big fan of the rest on The Lake. What that said I had to rate it based on my previous rides, I'm sure I would have rated it lower if I ridden it in 2006.

Yay! Ghostrider is still in the top 30, people say its gotten really rough so i'm a bit surprised I still love it though, i don't have much of a choice when it comes to woodies......

I can't believe that the Coaster at Playland made #19! I live about an hour away from Playland and I've been on that coaster more times than any 5 people put together, so far my count is 1653 times on it since i went onto it over 15 years ago. Hey Robb try beating that!

Why does everything have to be a freaking contest?

I just want to have a good time riding coasters and don't really care about how many times I've been on something.

--Robb "Who has never bothered to count how many times I've ridden X coaster...." Alvey

Which is good since you'd probably lose count anyway

I've only been on 9 woodies so I did not vote this year.

You shouldn't let that stop you from voting. That's the beauty of Mitch's poll. A vote for, say, Psyclone over Grizzly will only affect those two coasters; it won't affect the rankings of coasters you haven't ridden. So you can't mess anything up.

Of course, I suppose one could skew the results by voting untruthfully. There are probably a couple of wanktards out there who would vote for rides they'd never been on.

A sobering thought.