TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's Steel Poll - Now Open

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are definitely not proposing to manipulate the poll on Superman Escape but at least get everyone who has been on it to put in a ballot so at least it gets into the list and then is taken on it's merits.

I was actually really surprised by SE, the combination of impressive theming for a fair dinkum thrill ride and great air time got it ahead of notables like Storm Runner and raptor for me at No. 8 on my list.

Thanks to Mitch for putting Superman Escape onto the ballot so quickly after I emailed it was missing.

We are definitely not proposing to manipulate the poll on Superman Escape but at least get everyone who has been on it to put in a ballot so at least it gets into the list and then is taken on it's merits.

Definitely, we are not trying to Manipulate it. It is a seriously surprising ride, nearly equal number 1 for me including wood coasters (And i have been on Tonre De Zeus!)

Thank you Ted!

I was looking at the official ballot, determined to do it, and about halfway through the instructions I said "Screw this noise!"

I was toying with the idea of contacting Mitch to see if he'd like me to build an interface for the poll, but you beat me to it. And using your sites wonderfully clean & functional system. I did my ballot in about 5 minutes, which otherwise would have never been done!

I wonder... Maybe you could add a button so folks who have ride lists already on CFanatics could use their list to create their ballot... They already have listed all the rides they've been on, and how they ranked them.... It's practically already done!

I have a feeling that Expedition GeForce and S:ROS are about to be knocked out of the #1 spot. I've been reading through the processed ballots, and Black Mamba is really kicking butt in the mutual rider comparison to Expedition GeForce. This could, of course, change as more ballots are processed.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to submitting my ballot.

Ranked 131 coasters.

My system was I ranked each ride from 1 to 5. Then sorted everything into those groups. Then within those groups ranked them as I would. Then adjusted all the numbers.

Meant I had to rank and compare much smaller sets of rides. Didn't take me too long doing it this way.

Still 10 days to get your ballots in.

^That sounds like an intelligent way to rank a large list.

No wonder I didn't think of it.

I agree, I don't know if Millie or EGF will be #1 this year. There's a B&M doing surprisingly well in 1-on-1 competition with EGF and MF isn't on top of as many ballots as in years past.

It could be interesting...

The highest ranked coaster in Australia seems pretty well locked up, there just don't seem to be enough people who have ridden that ride and coasters elsewhere for it to rise to a really high position.

I have a feeling that Expedition GeForce and S:ROS are about to be knocked out of the #1 spot. I've been reading through the processed ballots, and Black Mamba is really kicking butt in the mutual rider comparison to Expedition GeForce. This could, of course, change as more ballots are processed.

Yup. Actually Black Mamba is winning against EGD with 34 vs 24 after 337 Ballots.

^^ No, after last year's debacle, it seems that if there is any effort to unseat the reigning champs, it is being done with less obvious methods.

There was a group of ballots that ranked EGF in the middle of the stack that all came from Germany back-to-back, but I don't know if they are trying to sabotage the poll or if they are legit.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all breaks out once the ballots have been tabulated!

^^ No, after last year's debacle, it seems that if there is any effort to unseat the reigning champs, it is being done with less obvious methods.

There was a group of ballots that ranked EGF in the middle of the stack that all came from Germany back-to-back, but I don't know if they are trying to sabotage the poll or if they are legit.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all breaks out once the ballots have been tabulated!

So because many European who ride it pretty often and rank it "only" above average instead of a few Americans rating it on #1 is sabotaging?

EGF HAS gotten worse, that's a fact, but it's still a great coaster.

I can say the same thing about Black Mamba. Surprisingly many low ratings are from Americans. So what's up with that?

^Sorry, but you can't expect us to just 'take your word' that you guys aren't 'planning' anything after last year.

I've heard from several people that rode BM that yeah it's good, but nowhere near Nemesis, Montu, Dragons, etc.

First of all, not even LAST year did we plan anything. I put EGF at 0 on my own choice last year. Everything was coincidence. I take the blame for it since what I did WAS wrong.

This time I rated EGF normal. The spot I think is where it belongs. That's opinion. I myself was surprised a little that many others ranked it sub20 too, but then again i understand because it has gotten worse. I found just ONE rating where EGF is dead last, and I have NOTHING to do with it, nor do I agree with it!

For most I've talked too, Black Mamba is a awesome coaster that belongs in the Top 10, just like EGF once. I found just as many sub20 ratings of Black Mamba like EGF ratings.

EGF will very likely be unseated this year.

Maybe it should've happened last year, maybe not. That was partly my fault, i know that very well.

I dunno what will happen this year. I cannot speak for others, I can only speak for myself and that I did not make the same mistake again. If you ant to check my ballot, it's #271. I ranked EGF at 26. The reason for it beeing sub20 now (year before it would've been top20) is that I've ridden many for me new coasters I liked more. Black Mamba beeing the best which I ranked at 2.

I didn't see EGF ranked last on any ballots.

apparently it got deleted...

I really hope it won't end up like last year, where a few bad sheep (like me) were the reason that many ballots where EGF was ranked rather low, but honestly were not counted...