TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2nd Annual Video Contest UPDATE!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's that time again! 5 more videos have been added! Start downloading NOW!!!!

This week we've got:

"Weekend Airtime 2004" with a bunch of wacky french coaster enthusaists invading Port Aventura!

"Busch Gardens Tampa" set to classical music. A VERY clever video, be sure to check it out.

"Wootah's Carowinds Opening Day" What is it with all the floating heads in this year's videos?

"Tripsdrill" Take a tour of this little known, but very cool looking park in Germany.

"Six Flags Marine World" Ska music, great footage, and good editing make this park look great!

There are now 25 videos to download in total! If you haven't downloaded them all yet, you better start now!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2005/contest2005.htm

--Robb

^That's a great point!

We learn from all of the videos too! I won't say too much about some of my favorites, but I have to comment that I loved the use of Classical Music in the Florida video this week. I've been playing that song on the drum game for the last few months, and I miss getting to play classical music on my violin. I'm really looking into using a classical song for a segment this year!

Elissa "we can all learn a lot from each other! (god that sounded sappy!)" Alvey

Well, I have loved all the videos so far! But Tom Mueller's "Busch Gardens Tampa" is my favorite so far! I love the humor of the classical set to the various coasters, and how well the music matches up with the various scenes!!

I had created a stills movie of my trip to California, and I had wanted to submit it, but I didn't have time to cut it down to 5 minutes. If anyone is interested, it's at my website:

http://homepage.mac.com/qphayes/iMovieTheater26.html

Goodness...I've reached an assortment of 5 where I can't pick a favorite. I like them all. Especially the Busch Gardens video, but that's because I live an hour away so I gotta represent, yo.

(p.s. I have no idea why I wrote that last part)

(et je suppose que tu parle français aussi !!!)

Oui, tout à fait (Yes I do !)

I also did enjoy the Spain one, I was waiting for a POV on Dragon Kahn for most the entire video, so I was pretty happy when it came up

Yves told me it wasn't easy to hold the camera and shoot the tracks (we haven't got a wide angle for POV....). So only the best parts of the POV are in the segment.

The 5 videos of this week are all differents and interesting (editing style, choice and using of the music, ...)

Can't wait to see the 15 last entries !

Yves, Nicolas and I are very proud to see our video selected for the contest. But the aspect ratio of the video is strange. We didn't do a 16/9 video

I guess a wrong pixel size has been chosen when converting from PAL to NTSC.

You can check a DivX/MP3 version of the video with the right aspect ratio and less compression here (20,7 Mo) :

http://www.parcspassion.org/VIDEOS/DATA/PARCS_PASSION----WeekEndAirtime2004.avi

--frederic "in 2 weeks I'll be in Port Aventura !"

^ For some reason I had a very hard time converting from PAL to NTSC. It was the only one that gave me problems and I'm not sure why. I use a program called "DV Atlantis" to do the conversion.

Usually I can either capture from a PAL DV tape, or take a PAL .avi file and convert it just fine.

This one was the only file that gave me problems.

I did the best I could!

--Robb

ya, those last 5 videos are all very good. however, i have to say the bush gardens video definitely get's the "i wish i'd thought of that" award for using the classical music. gut gemacht, jungs. there's some great funny moments in all of them, though.

These videos are brilliant.

My favourite ones are:

-Busch Gardens Tampa (Classical actually goes with coasters!?!)

-Cedar Point. (That music goes so well with the video, and good shots of all the coasters!)

-Rita (Really long video! Good shots of Rita)

-Six Flags Marine World (Love the music!)

Oh, by the way, what is the music to the SFMW video?

This one was the only file that gave me problems.

Sorry to have given you more work.

"Week-End AIRTIME 2004" was the only one of the 3 entries to have been edited with Premiere 6.0.

I used Premiere 6.5 for the 2 others.

Anyway, that's not a big deal.

We just look fater now

For the moment, my favorites are Paul Ruiz De Miquel's Terra Mitica Video, Guy T Koepp's "It Came From The 4th Dimension" Video and Steve Lee & Karen Lawson's "Shut Up & Smile!" Video.

I also like Nick Collins' "Bumps & Bruises" Video. It's a great idea to focus a video on painful rides !

This year the contest is really interesting. It looks like a laboratory to explore new ways to make theme parks and coasters videos.

--frederic

^ No, that is not possible. And all the of the contest videos are working fine, I just checked.

On a side note, this week's entries will go up on Tuesday since I am in Florida until then.

--Robb

We went straight from the Airport to Work...so they will go up tonight!

Sorry to the European's and East Coast readers who won't see them till Wednesday Morning!

Elissa "tired from stupid jetlag!" Alvey

Ok everyone! This week's videos are UP!!!! START DOWNLOADING!!!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2005/contest2005.htm

This week we get a video done by a 12-year old! Some of you might be very suprised to see what this young video editor can do!

Be sure to check out Bernhard Wimmer's UK Parks Tour, Don Garrison's gangsta-like Universal segment, Holiday Park and a video that promises to be "Fun!!!"

Lots of good stuff!

Post your comments!

--Robb "Only 10 more videos to go!" Alvey

We went straight from the Airport to Work...so they will go up tonight!

Sorry to the European's and East Coast readers who won't see them till Wednesday Morning!

I had to wait till wensday night No biggy thoe downloading them now