TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who else has ridden Insanity?

Guest Valkonizer

This ride is just Insane, just look at the name, and I had a full fledged panic ttack. Was just wondering who else was scared out of their noggin? Staring 1,000 feet straight down at the pavement is not pleasent. All of the beer in the world could not get me back on this "thing". [/img]

insanityfromground.thumb.jpg.07694e817ccc81a96c6623333b2e08c5.jpg

insanityfromtop.jpg.35aa20e319e2ae289cb44e73e34b4375.jpg

Crazed.thumb.jpg.1104f24951cf80a65d06d28681cfad38.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that, can't believe I did it (well, I was paid $50 to do it, plus my friend bought my ticket for the ride).

Would I do it again...Hell no! I don't even like being up in that stupid tower (I know too many stories).

Lucky for me, it was an abnormal non-super windy day when I went...

I didn't really think it was anything special, mostly because I'm not afraid of heights. However, the other one, Xscream, or whatever, really got me because I hated the feeling of flying towards the end of the track and then stopping 900 feet in the air, which is why I rode it like a million times.

Yeah, did it and got stuck on it.

Has anyone been dangled over 1,000 feet above the Las Vegas strip spinning and spinning for 25 minutes waiting for a mechanic to arrive to fix the damn thing? I think i got you all beat on that one. The one ride i never wanted to get stuck on...and i did.

I pissed my pants and it rained over the strip that day

I thoght that Insanity was kind of lame, I mean ya it was cool being up that high but I am not afraid of heights so I wasn't scared at all. It was just a long boring spinning ride to me. Xscream on the other hand scared the living shizz out of me. Like I said before I am not afraid of heights but OMG sitting in the front seat, flying down that peice of track, and suddenly stopping hanging off the edge, and looking 900ft down makes that be one of the scariest rides in the world IMO.

I rode it a couple of days ago, it was freaky I just didn't look down and held on for dear life and prayed it didn't break down mid ride. I did half dome at Yosemite National Park yesterday and that was far scarier though, I'm just happy I survived that one.

I personally think that X-scream is scarier. I've been on both of them a few times and x-scream still scares me to death. Insanity has a longer line and doesn't really do much for me. But the public seems to love it. However, I enjoy Big Shot the most...the airtime and view at 900 feet in the air is just awesome.

x-scream- is, in my eyes, the biggest 'thrill' ride out there. I was cackling like a demented witch. Was just an awesome buzz, whoever thought of it/designed that ride deserves to either be locked up or given a medal, depending on your point of view. I think 2 medals personally.

Insanity, was wierd. Just a spinner, but the height certainly adds another dimension. Was odd being 'above' the horizon, actually made me feel a wee bit yuck.

X-scream wins hands down for nutcase value.

What are its safety mechanisms anyone??? Earth magnets??

I didn't think Insanity was the scariest ride up there, it was really cool and I love heights so I liked swinging around enjoying the view, but I actually found it sort of relaxing and not really over-the-top thrilling.

X-Scream is a blast... always makes you feel like you're going over. I have perma-grin every time on that thing. You can't not sit there and giggle the whole time.

For me, Big Shot is the scariest thing up there. I have NO problem free-falling, but going up fast feels wrong to me (ex. I love the free-fall sides of Power Tower at CP, but the sides that blast you up make me scream like a little kid). So being that high up and being shot up even higher at what seems like lightning speed, yeah.. that really freaks me out, but I love every second of it!

Big Shot is the best of all on the Stratosphere-

XScream is Okay if you sit in the front- but to me it wasn't "All That"

Insanity is pretty good just for the fact that it spins away from the building. If you just look down while it's spinning over the Strip- although not Scary per se, is pretty amusing.