TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

imdrunk, Maverick will be open for opening day, so you shouldn't have any problem at all getting on it for your visit. Keep in mind it may have a large line, so get there right when the park opens to beat the crowds! One strategy would be to park back by Soak City and then go in the entrance gate under Magnum, that will put you closest to Maverick.

Just trying to help out. Everybody better say "Hi!" to me when you ride it this summer.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

THIS IS SO BORING. I am sitting here watching this webcam like I am waiting for something to happen. Grrrrr I need to get a life. I keep seeing a bird fly in front of the camera. This is so boring. OMG that is weird. It just took me from looking at Maverick to looking at Top Thrill Dragster and I did not do anything. NOPE it is back at maverick, now it is on skyhawk. OMG I am so confused. Why wont it stay still?

~Matthew

I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

maverick.jpg.afc1cd1d4848a02822f5b11d38246e50.jpg

I can't wait to ride!

I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:

He said it rolled back in the second corkscrew.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

I think you're seeing things.

All I see is dirt from the construction, and the white running lines that are built into the rails.

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the track that the train had been testing.

All intamin track is like that. It isn't that a train wore of the paint, just Intamin doesn't paint the strip of track that the wheels run on. Here's an example, picture taken in October.

204752703_maverick2.jpg.4d37681d9c967d68bd8397591e67b6bd.jpg

My friend who works at the park says testing started Thursday.

Probably has alot to do with getting the stators to fire correctly. Doesnt suprise me that speed would be an issue during testing till its firing on all stators.

Look at the rails.
That doesn't mean ANYTHING. As it was said, apparently all Intamins are like that, AND they did a pull-through. Of course the train has been there.

-Mike "They Might Have Started Testing, Though!" J

Well, Cedar Fair can't control everything it's employees and the people who have been contracted to build the ride take video of, especially on days when construction is halted, besides with all of the movies, and povs already out, they are probably more relaxed about it.

How does something like that get out?? Doesn't Cedar Fair keep that under wraps?
That's what I was wondering. I found this on another forum so thought I'd share the link. My guess is that Cedar Fair will have it removed, however, as soon as they find out that whoever leaked it.