TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^

If the back of the park is still flooded, Opening Day would likely not be pushed back. They'd just have the rest of the park open and have the back rides open later on once the flooding recedes and ride testing is complete. If parking lot flooding is as bad as it was in 2014 they might have to have everyone park at Canterbury Park and then bus them over to VF. Still a month away from opening so hopefully that's enough time for floodwaters to recede even with the upcoming snowstorm.

I'd bet passholder ride nights will be announced at some point since Exclusive Ride Times are still listed as a passholder benefit.

Valleyfair has a new blog post listing some new additions and changes for 2019.: http://bit.ly/2X4LqZQ

A few highlights:

-They’ve confirmed that the construction between The Wave and Corkscrew is for the Superior Stage, which will be used for various performances and events.

-Soak City will also be receiving a new performance stage, located between the bar and the wave pool.

-The restroom near Wild Thing was given a renovation. As you can see below, it’s a massive improvement over what it used to be.

1C3D5332-EAB1-4942-A566-4A6C753DF3D0.jpeg.b3352482740f218f1277916c155a736f.jpeg

Photo from the link above.

so we had a training day today and I got to see some of the new things in the park. It looks like they are completely remodeling the icee stand by the waterslides. they are also building a new break room in the route 76 area and the superior stage looks almost done

^ Thanks for the update. Now we know where all the building permits and money for the ICEE/COKE stand are going, the waterpark one. Could this be a hint of a future water park expansion and just getting it done under this years budget? Like the water park expansion project that was approved 3 years ago? Here is to being hopeful.

Photo update of the Superior Stage construction. Also looks like Corkscrew’s photo booth has officially been removed.

F6BEF9A3-E7AA-4BE2-9408-F61F8436D12A.thumb.jpeg.ad48a0317c08bd71b30b61810d66e794.jpeg

Carousel has also been getting some more refurbishment.

42B0E767-45AE-4116-9258-A05C370D2AC1.thumb.jpeg.2f8ff845f1dbf0857cfa9b3599c73785.jpeg

Both photos from Valleyfair's Twitter page.

The new stage is coming along well

Sorry about camera angle not sure what happened

So...does this mean next year the park is adding a flat ride where the Midway stage currently is? With the addition of the new stage, I'm not really sure what the Midway stage will be used for

I’m honestly disappointed with the new stage being built. Look at the stage where all wheels extreme used to be. Used for a whole two years and then just left in the dust. I hope this won’t have the same pattern but then again I already thought they had enough stages in the first place. Thoughts on this?

I honestly find that this year should be fairly successful, because if you look at most of the complaints on google or any other site the main complaints except food prices(and lack of new roller coaster) seem to be considered as many comments say how the park is just rides and no entertainment so they are adding new stages and shows. Another thing is that people complain about bad, boring, and low quality food, and this year they have many more new food items than many years, and have hired a new food crew for the season to hopefully improve the quality of the food. One other thing they are changing that I thing fulfills the complaints is that they are updating the bathrooms near the Wild thing which seems to probably be the most used bathroom and most complained about, so I assume they will use feed back from it to see if they should also change their other bathrooms also.

You're assuming that complaints on the Internet are based on a desire for the company to improve their product and not from a desire to complain on the Internet.

I guess that is true that there are many people that are salty like that, and there are people who go in with expectations of a Cedar Point or Disney like park and get disappointed and I should have considered that, but it is still good that they are making improvements.

I honestly find that this year should be fairly successful, because if you look at most of the complaints on google or any other site the main complaints except food prices(and lack of new roller coaster) seem to be considered as many comments say how the park is just rides and no entertainment so they are adding new stages and shows. Another thing is that people complain about bad, boring, and low quality food, and this year they have many more new food items than many years, and have hired a new food crew for the season to hopefully improve the quality of the food. One other thing they are changing that I thing fulfills the complaints is that they are updating the bathrooms near the Wild thing which seems to probably be the most used bathroom and most complained about, so I assume they will use feed back from it to see if they should also change their other bathrooms also.

Yeah, but its the business model of a regional park. Charge almost nothing for gate tickets and/or season passes, but gauge people on low quality food once they enter the park. If they charged outside park prices for food, they'd have to stop the specials that got you into the park for $30, and stop the $100 season passes.

Stopped in at VF yesterday to process the season pass before they open in 2 weeks. The only ride I saw them testing/running while I was there was Wild Thing with no riders. As I was driving out of the parking lot I saw that they removed the parking lot admission booths and moved them aside for now. Then there were holes dug in the parking lot next to the slots where the booths were (and where they will be when they are put back) plus some other big holes near the area. It look likes they are obviously laying electrical wire but probably some networking cable too. Maybe the park will actually get an updated entrance that would allow season pass and online parking pass people to just scan and drive in like other CF parks. Dare to dream.

IMG_0602.jpg.f998d1948b521070e42471236548ec99.jpg

Here are three of the four booths. Where is the fourth one?

IMG_0603.thumb.jpg.fc3a965774d46d36fd6dd4317a11bb72.jpg

Here is the asphalt and the dirt that was displaced which left a pretty sizable and deep hole behind it.

IMG_0604.thumb.jpg.610fdecfba6c52b20846d5885eae5822.jpg

First the obvious, which was parked right next to the parking lot entrance.

Valleyfair just got a new web app. They now have ride wait times which is nice to see. I'm looking forward to see what the new toll booths will look like. I'd like to see a separate lanes one for gold and one for platinum pass holders and two lanes for regular traffic and one lane for RV's and busses something like Kings Island has. These small improvements could possibly mean something big in the next few year's. It's nice how there keeping the park fresh.