TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Why did Valleyfair cut the park services? And have the ride operators do park services? Is this the first year they have done this?

Yes this is the first year. No one was happy. Because budget. Because they don't think we do enough already, IDK. It does say in our job description "other miscellaneous jobs" or something like that.

Valleyfair is one of the only (If not THE only) park where you had to be 18 to operate ANY rides position. However, they got special permission from the state to allow 16-17 y.o. to operate all but primary controls, including single operator rides. They wear the orange park services uniform, and then get the red uniform once they turn 18. They are titled "Ride Attendants" instead of "Ride Operators".

So the pay levels go $9.25/attendants, $10.25/operators, $11.25/leads, and $11.75/supervisors with the pay raise this year.

Keep in mind that they do have some people (me) working in rides areas primarily for Park Services work. (My apologies in advance for the double post)

Edited by valleyfairfanatic

I just thought of this. Would any TPR's like to meet up on Sunday the last day of the season and hang out as a group? Ill be at Valleyfair the last day of the season all day.

I probably won't be able to go to the park on closing day this year, but if by chance I could go, it would be nice to meet some of you.

I just thought of this. Would any TPR's like to meet up on Sunday the last day of the season and hang out as a group? Ill be at Valleyfair the last day of the season all day.

I probably won't be able to go to the park on closing day this year, but if by chance I could go, it would be nice to meet some of you.

I would love to meet some of the faces behind these posts!

Count me in as a maybe. It depends if anything pops and up, and which members decide to go. I don't think anyone will know if they can go until later in the year.

I always read this thread but I never reply on it. I decided I better after going to the filming on the Renegade on Sunday. I met some people who might be on this thread, like Renegade Mike?? I had so much fun on Sunday, I wish I could have gone on Sat and Mon.

Sue

This came from Knotts mobile app. Just got an update from Knotts on my I phone. Knott's Scary farm Annoucement Event.

On Wednesday, August 26 at 8pm Knott's Berry Farm Season Passholders and Scary Farm Passholders are invited to an exclusive 2015 Knott's Scary Farm unveiling event. Those in attendance will have a chance to win free Scary Farm tickets. This event will take place in the Charles M. Schulz theatre and is not recommended for children under 13. Wristbands are required for event enter.

Makes me wonder about Valleyfair's annoucement will be soon for there new haunt attraction? Wonder if Valleyfair will follow the same way and do a sneak preview for there season passholders of there new haunt building.

Edited by ACES

I always read this thread but I never reply on it. I decided I better after going to the filming on the Renegade on Sunday. I met some people who might be on this thread, like Renegade Mike?? I had so much fun on Sunday, I wish I could have gone on Sat and Mon.

Sue

Hey! I was there!

Renegade filming wasnanton of fun. Does anyone know who did the filming of that?

Sue

Hey! I was there!

Renegade filming wasnanton of fun. Does anyone know who did the filming of that?

I'm not sure, but I talked to one of the guys while waiting to film on the xtreme swing and they travel all around the country doing that. It's like my dream job!

And, we made the Facebook page. We are kind of a big deal.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11892184_10153567321796880_71962977538865008_n.jpg?oh=f8dc55a674dfe28c12cd116fa3e5f34e&oe=5666A9A8

I just got off Wild Thing a five minutes ago I got stuck on my first ride of the evening because someone had to take there cell phone out and the ride operator told everyone to put there arms up in the air to check everyone.

thumb_img_1093_5.jpg

This is probably my favorite part of the park to just walk through. Lots of shade, and lots of foilage.

By the way, has anyone else realized that the Corkscrew pond looks a lot cleaner? I think they added a fountain this year, as well.

Nice pics! Thanks for that!

I gotta post this picture again (And for those of you wondering, I will not meet up with any users from this site. Just being cautious) Sorry about that just had to get my point across.

I don't think anyone is losing any sleep

I would be in for meeting at the park for a couple of hours to hit some rides. It doesn't have to be the last day either. Any Haunt weekend works too. Also either of the two weekends in between Labor Day and the start of Haunt are usually nice and not a lot of traffic in the park. Anyone up for any of those times?

Did Renegades trains get refurbished or something?!! I was at Valleyfair! last month and the trains seats had a different color!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11892184_10153567321796880_71962977538865008_n.jpg?oh=f8dc55a674dfe28c12cd116fa3e5f34e&oe=5666A9A8

That must have been put through some sort of filter, I don't remember them being the dark. I think it is just a weird picture (Fun fact: I'm on that train, but I'm in the very back row so you can't see me!)

I would be in for meeting at the park for a couple of hours to hit some rides. It doesn't have to be the last day either. Any Haunt weekend works too. Also either of the two weekends in between Labor Day and the start of Haunt are usually nice and not a lot of traffic in the park. Anyone up for any of those times?

I prefer Sundays, because less people are there (There's no Haunt on Sundays, only Snoopy's thing ).

Pretty much any Sunday should work for me. I'd love to see this happen!

That must have been put through some sort of filter, I don't remember them being the dark. I think it is just a weird picture (Fun fact: I'm on that train, but I'm in the very back row so you can't see me!)

Good to hear you had the best seat on the train then. It must be a filter because the seats do look awfully dark in that shot.

Did Renegades trains get refurbished or something?!! I was at Valleyfair! last month and the trains seats had a different color!

I'm the one looking miserable in the front seat. I was having a fun time, I just have a case of RBF. It's a curse.