TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't count Valleyfair out for something thrilling. Renegade is a fun ride after all. Steel Venom's holding brake makes it better than most shuttles. Those are the two most recent coasters, and to me suggest a lean to the more intense; I hope the trend continues.

And the rest of the line-up is great support. Corkscrew has a beautiful setting and delivers a good thrill in its short duration. High Roller brings the tradition and is a fun ride in any decade. We have a wild mouse, as a regional park should. Excalibur is...unique and, even better, easily replaced. Wild Thing is not so easily replaced, especially considering how much it cost to get. The best they can do is retrofit and reprofile, but as many have told me, that is unlikely at this point.

Renegade is a fun ride after all. Steel Venom's holding brake makes it better than most shuttles. Those are the two most recent coasters, and to me suggest a lean to the more intense; I hope the trend continues.

I agree and hope the trend continues with the next coaster.

Excalibur is...unique and, even better, easily replaced.

I like your positive outlook on Excalibur. I'm hoping this year an announcement will happen indicating this will be the last time to ride it due to it being replaced the following year.

Wild thing is not a decent hyper..mamba is better which was suppose to be ours...magnum xl 200 amazing hyper...its just boring, layout is lame.the trim breaks totally wrecked it..it gets way to much hype for nothing.. steel venom which was suppose to be like wicked twister. but they scraped the other twisted end at last minute would had been amazing.ive been on wicked twister and the other twisted end is epic... that is why im really hoping our invert wont be some poor layout...i want something original , compact. gives a good punch..but knowing valleyfair they will pick some lame design...

Valleyfair only has so much say on what they receive. Cedar Fair has the majority say in what all the parks in the chain get. Having said that I know for a fact that Mr. Frazier is doing all he can to make sure our next coaster is a unique layout. He has not said what company he would like but I think the majority of us would like to see a B&M coaster.

Wild Thing is not so easily replaced, especially considering how much it cost to get. The best they can do is retrofit and reprofile, but as many have told me, that is unlikely at this point.

Valleyfair has looked into doing something to increase the ride experience on Wild Thing including replacing the current trains with new open style trains. I believe the sticking point is whether or not it is cost effective. It would take several million to do the engineering and the building of new trains. I'm not sure how much the general public can play a part in making this happen but it doesn't hurt to let Cedar Fair executives know that we would like our nearly 20 year old hyper to get a makeover.

Valleyfair has looked into doing something to increase the ride experience on Wild Thing including replacing the current trains with new open style trains. I believe the sticking point is whether or not it is cost effective. It would take several million to do the engineering and the building of new trains. I'm not sure how much the general public can play a part in making this happen but it doesn't hurt to let Cedar Fair executives know that we would like our nearly 20 year old hyper to get a makeover.

I don't know how to contact them, but if you have a way to let them know, that plan has my vote. Valleyfair with an exciting hypercoaster for only a couple mil sounds like a bargain to me and would be a great strength to the coaster line-up.

I don't know how to contact them, but if you have a way to let them know, that plan has my vote. Valleyfair with an exciting hypercoaster for only a couple mil sounds like a bargain to me and would be a great strength to the coaster line-up.

First of all Mr. Frazier reads posts on facebook and twitter and I'm pretty sure he reads this discussion forum. I mentioned it to him last April and he said he would check out TPR forum. I know he follows them on twitter. Second you can go to cedarfair.com. There are phone numbers that you can get and e-mails to find. I called Cedar Fair and got an email address to send my suggestions to. A couple of months later I received a call from Mr. Frazier asking me to come to the park for a visit. We have been friends ever since. That was over two years ago. I'm not saying that you'll get a call but I do know Mr. Frazier is always looking at suggestions for park improvements. Just make sure your very professional about how you word your emails and make your calls. I wouldn't suggest you call Valleyfair directly. Like I said they only have so much input. The money coasts down the hill from Cedar Fair (pun intended). Good luck, have patience and let us know what responses you get.

Good to know that Valleyfair thinks that doing something to Wild Thing might be worthwhile. Don't know if this would mean reprofiling parts of the layout, getting new trains, or both, but any of those would work for me.

Also, the park recently tweeted about shooting a video for a VF blog. Not exactly sure what this will be, but I'd love to see them do something like Cedar Point's PointCast.

image.jpg.a1d259d21de29d7432d19b2424fd1940.jpg

^ I totally agree. CF must leave it up to the park on how what extent they use their website, blogs, Facebook, Twitter etc. for the park to interact with their customers because all of the 11 parks are managed so differently and at different levels. CP and KI really use their website and social media in a big way compared to the other parks in the chain.

Would love to see a regular blog with plenty of posts throughout the off-season to get us through this long wait. Maybe even have different posts from different departments covering what's new, even if it's just little stuff like tweaking a barbeque sauce recipe for one of the food stands. I'd be sure to find it and buy some just to have a part in the conversation. There is so much potential here.

- A walk back would be awesome!

- some sort of winter event (not saying it has to be this year)

- ERT, maybe have the event be catered (there would be an admission fee of course)

- Q&A with higher ranked park officials

- Behind the scenes tours of the matinence buildings

- A haunt event/ tour would be awesome (I know a few people who would want to do that)

- Giveaways/raffles?

I know those are a lot to ask for but i'm just throwing out ideas.

Well, I would love to see something like Cedar Point's Pointbuzz, but if you're talking about an event, I would love a backstage tour of the maintenence shop, a backstage tour of renegade, and some ERT on Renegade and/or Wild Thing (Maybe have some trimless High Roller ERT ). Just a couple of suggestions...

^That would be awesome and actually there could just be a castle there and no rollercoaster but a dark ride similar to wonder mountains guardian called Excalibur and it would just go in a crumbling castle that replaces the old excalibur ride. I hope ValleyFair gets a dark ride down the road, and if they do, that's the way to do it.

^That would be awesome and actually there could just be a castle there and no rollercoaster but a dark ride similar to wonder mountains guardian called Excalibur and it would just go in a crumbling castle that replaces the old excalibur ride. I hope ValleyFair gets a dark ride down the road, and if they do, that's the way to do it.

Might not be a bad idea for a future Valleyfair dark ride. Even though I'm not a huge dark ride fan, the GP loves them, and it would be unlike anything else at the park. Although, I don't think we'd get one for another four or five years because there are a few things other than a dark ride that we need first, and I think they'd try out more dark rides at the larger parks first.

I've been seeing people on YouTube make 5 year park predictions for parks so here is a ten year one for ValleyFair.

2016 - B&M invert similar to talon.

2017 - Nothing major.

2018 - Windseeker in the WT turnaround.

2019 - New family ride for route 76, possibly a new restaurant, and Dino's last year.

2020 - Dino's removed, nothing done with land yet.

2021 - Soak City Expansion, new slides to replace panic falls body slides.

2022 - B&M floorless coaster in Dinoland similar to hydra.

2023 - Nothing major, amphitheater destroyed.

2024 - Frisbee ride where amphitheater used to be. Excalibur is destroyed.

2025 - Medeval Castle dark ride called Excalibur similar to Wonder Mountains Gaurdian where the Excalibur coaster used to be.

What do you guys think? I want to see yours!