TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^

If these markings are there for the purposes of planning for 2016, then that's great news. If they are widespread markings, hopefully that is indicative of something big like a coaster, but I'm not getting my hopes too high yet.

Edited by VF15

You said that there was markings away from the soak city area, and you know how some people were saying earlier in the discussion about getting soak city AND a flat ride in the same year. I doubt it's going to happen but it's fun to speculate!

The GM of VF Dave Frazier had a tweet yesterday about a 'celebrity ride operator' at VF. I posted the picture below. I cannot tell who it. My only guess is CF CEO Matt Quimet but it is so hard to tell with the hat. Does anyone really know who that is? Any guesses?

1692360602_MattQuimet.thumb.jpg.06ef549061d8021e741b1ad717a6cf27.jpg

Who is this? Anyone know?

^

If you follow Dave Frazier (Valleyfair's General Manager) on Twitter, he has a lot of pictures of the demolition from early last week that he tweeted. Unfortunately no other ground pictures that I'm aware of. I might go to VF next weekend, and if I do, I'll be sure to take some pictures of the demolition/construction and post them here.

I have some pics from this weekend, I can post them later today.

The GM of VF Dave Frazier had a tweet yesterday about a 'celebrity ride operator' at VF. I posted the picture below. I cannot tell who it. My only guess is CF CEO Matt Quimet but it is so hard to tell with the hat. Does anyone really know who that is? Any guesses?

If it isn't Matt Ouimet, then I'd guess that's Ryan Stiles of "Whose Line" fame.

If you ask me, I think he slightly resembles Robin Williams (sorry if that sounds stupid). Maybe he is just an ordinary ride op there that looks like him.

If you ask me, I think he slightly resembles Robin Williams (sorry if that sounds stupid). Maybe he is just an ordinary ride op there that looks like him.

Robin Williams died

Robin Williams died

I know that. I just said the ride op looks like him.

From this photo someone should ask Dave about relocating Mad Mouse to the front of the park were Antique Autos is tare down the ampitheater and put Mad Mouse there and tare down the games islands to make more room for the water park expansion in the next few years. They could easily relocaete Mad Mouse to the front of the park.

^

If you're talking about the games island shown below, then yes, I agree that removing that plus relocating Mad Mouse to the front of the park would be a good idea because the waterpark is landlocked as it is, and would need more room for further expansion unless they get rid of something else. Plus, Mad Mouse would fit perfectly over near Route 76 since that is the new hot spot for families.

image.jpg.01d00b1032b18bab26bd2aff66ac22cc.jpg

VF's GM Dave Frazier tweeted the picture below today of an old friend walking the park today. Colonel (Baron) Omm Pah Pah lives!!! Since they are getting rid of the classic neon sign out in front of VF please bring back the mascot! He can co-exist with the Peanuts gang CF, just bring him back. I love this guy because he was a park mascot that was original and exclusive to the park, totally unique and thankfully not mass marketed. Then again they probably could not have mass marketed him because he looks like the neighbor's drunk uncle your parents warned you about.

160423941_ColonelOomPahPah.thumb.jpg.fe34752101ce1de0e9226e9873c6934c.jpg

The best mascot VF ever had.

^

Huh. I'd never heard about this guy before since VF hasn't been my home park for very long, but he does look like a unique character for sure. It would be cool if we see him on the midways sometime soon.

Edit: Mr. Frazier unfortunately said on Twitter that the Colonel will not be returning to the park. Bummer.

Edited by VF15

^ He was invented by the parks original owners as a mascot for the park to appeal to children. What their inspiration was I have no idea but it was different to have a park mascot not based on a cartoon, movie or book compared to most other parks. Even after CF bought the park they let VF keep him so he was there from the opening of the park until 2010. When VF built Camp Snoopy in 2011 they retired him. I say bring him back and let him walk the Route 76 area to welcome in the Early Entry customers and after that move him to the main gate as a greeter to the park. Put a little piece of nostalgia back in the park.

So. Just had an absolutely chilling thought. As everyone is aware, Canada's Wonderland is more than likely getting another massive B&M in 2016. Signs point to it being either an invert or a wing. Should it be an invert, it would only make sense that they'd remove Flight Deck. Well there is only one park in the chain without a full circuit invert. A park that could use a new coaster in 2016. A park that has been questioned to be worth the financial investment that comes with a new B&M. You guessed it. Valleyfair.

I hope I'm wrong, but until I know for sure that I am, I'll be praying that CW gets another B&M model other than invert.

Well when CW builds a B&M invert, they can move the SLC to Valleyfair

They'd better not. If Valleyfair received Flight Deck (or any SLC for that manner), I would probably discontinue my season pass. We already have several mediocre coasters here. If VF just once got a coaster that isn't second rate, I would be forever grateful.

Well when CW builds a B&M invert, they can move the SLC to Valleyfair

They'd better not. If Valleyfair received Flight Deck (or any SLC for that manner), I would probably discontinue my season pass. We already have several mediocre coasters here. If VF just once got a coaster that isn't second rate, I would be forever grateful.

While I agree that an SLC would be a tremendous disappointment, I have to call you out on that last line. When has Valleyfair ever received a coaster that wasn't first rate. Outside of maybe Excalibur (Arrow Mine Trains were all the rage when it was built), I think we have a damn good collection of coasters given the size of our market.

Arrow Loop Screw - was there a better option for a steel coaster in the early 80's? That I know of.

Morgan Hyper - By no means a second rate coaster. Third longest roller coaster in US when it opened.

Arrow Wild Mouse - Replaced a 30+ year old Wildcat with a brand new ride.

Intamin Impulse - Smallest Park in the country to have one. Only six in existence.

GCI - first in the Chain and great layout combining an out and back with a twister. 3000ft+

Again SLC would certainly be a letdown. And a used one? Ish. But with Valleyfair, second rate would be the exception, not the rule.