TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

!!!!!PSP!!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit to much $$$ for a portable system, although if I was about ten years younger, I would not pay the bills and buy one, damn responsibilty

Chris "I even bought the Atari Jaguar, and Jag CD" P.

I picked one up (for obvious reasons). It's an ok machine so far. I've played Lumines a lot, but after a couple of days I haven't had the urge to play much more.

The coolest thing about the system, IMO is the fact that it had no problems connecting to my wireless router or the Wi-Fi network at our local Panera Bread. So when that browser comes out (the Wipeout hack is pretty iffy) it will be cool to go online with it remotely.

I've already started ripping some of my coaster videos down to the PSP and they look GREAT.

There really are some very neat things about this system, but it's too bad there aren't more games out for it. =(

At the moment, I think I'm more looking forward to Animal Crossing on the Nintendo DS more than anything on the PSP.

--Robb

I LOVE IT...but I can't afford one yet. I've borrowed one a few times from a rich friend (he bought 2). He also has 2 Nintendo DS systems and he hates them now compared to the PSP, there is no comparison

It has 24 games out this month for it, AFAIK which is a LOT for a brand new system.

I think it is incredible with the flexibility of it, for movies, music, photos and games also. The price may be a bit steep but you get a lot of extras for the price also (headphones, case, 32mb memory stick)

Also, Im pretty sure the problem with the disc case opening has been fixed for the US version, I've been browsing message boards for the PSP and haven't heard anyone talk about it being an issue

The PSP really appeals to a different crowd than the DS.

For example we asked the kids (ages 10 & 14) this weekend how they were enjoying their DS's from Christmas and they still love them. When we asked about the PSP they didn't even know what that was and said no one at their school had one but everyone had DS's.

Nintendo has always catered more to the younger crowd and Sony to the older crowd. For me, I prefer the 'kiddie style' games on the DS to nearly anything Sony has.

Elissa "will play the PSP when Katamari comes out for it!" Alvey

Am not just getting it for the games but for the entertainment value it brings with it like movies, MP3, pictures, and other unmetionables that I left out. I bought mine on ebay for $230. I think of it as in an investment instead of a toy! 8)

And as for the DS goes, it really can't win the PSP on a head on competition. I think Elissa gave a good point on how Nintendo usually appeals more to younger people that Sony.

I will get the PSP eventually but the thing that bothers me is that "value pack" Sony is forcing us to buy. In Japan, they released the system stand alone and released the value pack as well. Spending $50 extra for some accessories that are useless to me (a case that really doesn't protect the system, a small memory stick, headphones) isn't something I want to do so I am waiting for Sony to release just the system here like they did in Japan. I guess I can't complain too much though considering in Canada, Sony bundled almost every PSP with Gretzky NHL for full price and then didn't even give them a PSP case for the game (just a cardboard sleeve).

Katamari Damacy is being released for the DS, no word on a PSP version yet.

Just call me the Game Geezer here.

I've never liked handheld games. I do most of the driving, kids to practices, dates, all that good stuff. I'd never have the chance to play it. At home, i have a computer, PS2 and GameCube, plus several other old systems, genesis, atari, pong, telstar, and a few Nintindo's, and a Commodore 64.

I just don't think its worth the $. The game boy advance can play cartoons, and for a movie player, already got a portable dvd payer, and I'm sure the screen on my dvd player is better, not to mention quite a bit bigger.

I guess this is what happpens when you get old, your priority's change.

I own 2 original gameboy's, color gameboy, 1 original game boy advance, and a gameboy advance SP

I have the Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, had the Turbo Express, and the Sega Game Gear, both were stolen, and never replaced.

I used to live for games, but right now, if I were to buy a handheld, it would be nintendo's, it plays games for much less than sony's, and I already have devices that do the other stuff sony's machine does, it just does them better

I'm not interested in a PSP as of now. I have plenty of games already, and it's just no fun dealing with a system that guzzles battery power in a short period of time, as i experienced with my old Game Gear.

All I'd really like is something that would allow me to watch my DVD's on the road, so I think I'd rather spend my money on a portable player with one of those little screens.

^ It actually doesn't guzzle that much batter power in a short period of time. I have to say that's one of the things I'm impressed with on the PSP. I've played movies, games, used the online feature, etc, for HOURS without having to re-charge it.

It's not like the Game Gear at all where the batteries would be dead in two hours.

--Robb

I'm not really after any of the 2. First off, the whole DS thing is that the games are basically mini games with a touch feature in it. Only 2 games seem to be full normal video games (Mario, Metroid) while the others think the whole touching thing will cut it. That's how it seems to me. I'm not after a PSP being as I have a laptop and can play many games on it right now.