TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The sun was hitting so it had a vibrant limish green look to it...

It looked like Cheetah Hunt's track except more vibrant. Remember I was excited to see it and riding Apocolpse so my memory is so so.

I'm sure someone will take pics from the station or queue. You can see it best when your turning back into the station so you might be able to grab pics right before you enter the pre-show building.

^I was gonna say the same but he said it was behind Terminator so he'd have to break the loose article policy and we wouldn't want that now would we?

-Cookie

And if anyone does, they will be banned from this site faster than Green Lantern can ZacSpin the puke out of them.

Robb was in no way saying he should actually was stating the opposite. Sorry if my joke came off as something different.

-Cookie

When is Super Bowl Sunday? Obviously I'm a big football fan...

I'm thinking about heading out there one of these Sundays. Unfortunately I have yard work to do tomorrow (that I should have done today), so that's my plan instead of a day at SFMM.

Eric

If you haven't found out or figured out by now it's next sunday. Pro Bowl was today and next sunday is super bowl.

Personally I would rather watch the super bowl then go to SFMM, though to me both kinda suck if your alone.

It was drizzly so crowds were thin.

Stayed in the same seat on Goliath for 4 dispatches before wanting to move on.

Tatsu = Walk On

Scream = Walk On

Apocolpse = Walk on but up to 20 mins (1 train operation but got to skip the pre-show twice)

X2 = Walk On

Viper = 3 train wait (1 train operation but they just replaced the wheels so it was super smooth) People were cheering when they got off.

Revolution = Walk On

Ninja = Walk on when I went on it but there were people waiting when I was getting off maybe 5-10 mins

Batman = didn't ride but this is usually a walk on for Sunday's

Riddlers = Didn't ride

Colossus = Still closed for 3rd week in a row it looked like they were doing some work on the lift hill as you could see a tool bag plus yellow tape for certain sections

Note: X2 opened at 10:35 (Much better)! We were able to ride Tatsu after being the first train on X2.

The following made me very anxious to get back to SFMM:

Tatsu = Walk On

Apocolpse = Walk on but up to 20 mins (1 train operation but got to skip the pre-show twice)

X2 = Walk On

Viper = 3 train wait (1 train operation but they just replaced the wheels so it was super smooth) People were cheering when they got off.

Note: X2 opened at 10:35 (Much better)! We were able to ride Tatsu after being the first train on X2.

To anyone who was out there today, how were crowds, wait times, etc.?

Eric

Today, crowds were light. Everything was a walk-on or near walk-on except for the following, which had waits greater than four trains: Viper, Tatsu (middle of day only), and Apocalypse (in the afternoon), however I did not ride Scream so I can't comment on its wait time. Longest wait was about 25 minutes for Apocalypse at around 3:30 in the afternoon. At opening, about 90% of the crowd present went to X2, but by 1:00 it was a three train wait. One train operation on Viper, Ninja, Apocalypse, Riddler's Revenge, Gold Rusher, and Scream, two trains on everything else. Colossus and Deja Vu closed. On Apocalypse and Riddler's Revenge, there were signs out front warning guests that there was only one train in operation. Apocalypse was not using the preshow in the morning, but they switched them on when there were enough people in line to fill the station and extend approximately half-way down the stairs. The weather was cold but it never really rained (more heavy drizzle for a short period in the middle of the day). I can also confirm that there are Green Lantern pieces on site next to the Road Runner Express pieces in the lot behind Apocalypse. In addition, it appeared that Superman now has a backwards car on both tracks, although since I could only see inside from Goliath and the station area was fairly dark I can't be 100% certain.

^ A sign warning of one-train operation? That's a new one. But it's a good idea and should have been done a long time ago.

Maybe I can get out there next weekend, and if so, maybe next Sunday will be the same way.

Eric

^ A sign warning of one-train operation? That's a new one. But it's a good idea and should have been done a long time ago.

Maybe I can get out there next weekend, and if so, maybe next Sunday will be the same way.

Eric

They've had a sign in front of Riddler's saying that only one train was operating for a while. The first time I noticed it was when I went in November, but I don't know how long it was there before that. When did RR officially become one train this off season?

It's great to see that they are spreading the use of one train signs, as they are very helpful for the GP and "smarter folk" ( ) to gauge the wait time and how fast the line will move.

I believe Riddlers other train is being rehabbed and should be back this Spring or sooner. No confirmation on a new train to get the total up to 3, and I suspect we won't get one anytime soon. They're expensive! But what they could do is take a train off Scream and bring it to Riddler for a combo floorless/standup coaster. Of course that wouldn't work, but it'd be sweet if it could!

But it's a good idea and should have been done a long time ago.

Seriously, what took them so long?

I imagine what'll end up happening is the rides will go back to 2 train operation and the sign won't be removed, so it'll just end up confusing everyone.

Today was cold, but very awesome. I got my season pass processed.

Green Lantern IS back there. It looks to be about 1/4 - 1/2 of the track pieces are on site, and it was a definite surprise to see them back there.

Other than that, I saw Superman's train sitting out on the launch while riding Riddler's, which was cool. It makes me excited for WCB.

I was pretty relaxed all day. I got in a ton of rides.

X2 x3

Tatsu x 3 (didn't get off the ride)

Apocalypse x3

Goliath x5 (didn't get off)

Batman x2

Riddler's x1

Viper x1

Ninja x1

Revolution x2

Scream x2

Gold Rusher x1

ps- Riddler's second train is there behind Batman, just in pieces...

I am curious if you are a licensed PE or SE to say this comment with so much ease?

Really, a drop tower can't be built at SFMM due to earthquake regulations?

Yeah, because the Sky Tower and Superman are tiny. Because Knott's doesn't have a drop tower. Because DCA didn't have a space shot.

Downtown LA ... US Bank Tower 1,018 feet = 10th tallest building in the US

San Francisco ... Transamerica Pyramid 853 feet = 32nd tallest building in the US

The reason SFMM doesn't have a drop tower is because they haven't chosen to build one. Not because of any regulations.

Just because you're a civil engineer doesn't give you the right to be so snarky towards someone on our forums. It might have been nice to get actually some insight from you instead of attitude.

And Joey is absoultely right. There are plenty of other locations in the world that are just as, if not more earthquake prone than Southern California. Hi, Blue Fall - a 330ft Intamin tower is not far from earthquake prone Tokyo.

And yes, the reason why there isn't a drop tower at SFMM is because they just haven't put one in yet.

--Robb

Gregg = The new Joey?

Today was cold, but very awesome. I got my season pass processed.

Green Lantern IS back there. It looks to be about 1/4 - 1/2 of the track pieces are on site, and it was a definite surprise to see them back there.

ps- Riddler's second train is there behind Batman, just in pieces...

GL = Awesomeness.

Have to keep an eye out for the Riddler train and try and spot it there.

^The land crearing for GL is also all leveled dirt with some stakes in the ground. I can't wait for footer planting and vertical construction.

Same goes for Road Runner's clearing.

Yep, I was at the park last Sunday and looks like a lot of clearing was done for both sites. This is what was needed to be heard, that track is ready and on site. Vertical construction will be interesting, as I have never seen how a Zac Spin is assembled.

^It'll be quick. Electrics and computers are one thing, but I'd say the track structure could be done in one to two weeks if they hustle.

I still can't imagine how long the lines are going to be for this ride when it opens. Capacity is going to hurt so bad, and the ride experience doesn't justify that kind of wait.

^It'll be quick. Electrics and computers are one thing, but I'd say the track structure could be done in one to two weeks if they hustle.

I still can't imagine how long the lines are going to be for this ride when it opens. Capacity is going to hurt so bad, and the ride experience doesn't justify that kind of wait.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am excited for the new experience (for me at least) as I hear from all the TPR trips everyone loves the ZacSpins. Unfortunately though, it does not take away from the fact they are low capacity. Then again, Deja Vu is low capacity as well.

In any case we are lucky to have this unique of a ride here in So Cal.

Strange as it sounds, I can almost imagine Green Lantern's capacity as being better than Deja Vu or maybe even Tatsu. Or maybe it'll just seem faster because the ride is fairly short and will operate multiple vehicles. It could be similar to FreeFall if anyone remembers that one...

Eric

If there is any wish for SFMM, it would be for management to crack down on slow ride ops. Of course it's not going to happen, but what a positive effect it would have. And it wouldn't cost them much, if anything.

Eric

If there is any wish for SFMM, it would be for management to crack down on slow ride ops. Of course it's not going to happen, but what a positive effect it would have. And it wouldn't cost them much, if anything.

Eric

That's what they should be doing already, if anything supervisors should be cracking down on managers who allow their crew to run so slowly.