TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I saw that Green Lantern will have five cars. Will all five ever run at the same time, or will it be like most of the other coasters where there's at least one car or train stored? I don't know how other Zac-Spin rides operate.

Eric

Wow, this is going to be one low capacity ride (Green Lantern), especially on days when the crew can't get it together and pump out those cars.

Maybe it's a good thing that this ride is opening at SFMM, where it can share the load with several other major coasters. I would hate to try and ride this at a park where it is the only "star" option. lol

^That's my main concern with this ride going into SFMM.

We had ERT on the one at Grona Lund and with only about 40 people riding it was still around a 10 minute wait! And that was with the kickass Swedish crew and park management there. Not to mention a group of enthusiasts who knew how to quickly load and unload the high up seats.

You have to almost think of it more as a flat ride capacity than coaster capacity.

We just have to hope that most of the SoCal GP is too dumb to realize that this is going to be one of the best coasters/rides in the park, if not all of SoCal!

While they're in line for Viper (cuz omg itz upsidedown and shitz) we'll be marathoning the new Intamin ride!

^ I honestly think that's one of the reasons this ride was chosen. It gives the park the coaster count, yet it will function as a well-needed flatride. It's the best of both worlds. Enthusiasts however (myself included), will moan about the capacity issues because technically it is a coaster. lol

^ Of course we could get really technical and consider Mickey's Fun Wheel at DCA a coaster because the swinging cars do ride on rails and depend on gravity and momentum to move through the wheel.

Did I see somewhere that Road Runner Express is supposed to open in March as well? They'd have to hustle, but it could be done. Also, I wonder if they'll repaint it to give it more of a Road Runner color, not a Mr. Six's tuxedo look.

Eric

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anybody had any photos or info about the former "Backstreet" section of the park. I'm always intrigued by remnants of things past, such as the Wizard's castle and the Magic Pagoda. I love all that history!

So if anybody has any photos of any of these types of "forgotten" structures, would you mind sharing?

Thanks so much!