TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just came back from the park after going from 7-9. Got on GL and it was an interesting ride, but was fun. I have a bruise on my leg from the restraints though but other than that no complaints. It was worth the hour wait and I look forward to riding it again.

You honestly post the best offride videos I've ever seen. The one of Riddler's was amazing too!

Wow, that ride just looks painful. But coastercrutchfield, great videos! Thanks for sharing.

Wait wait wait wait. Sorry I helped start this whole SFMM sucks at special effects on rides thing..

But who said the lack of audio on X2 is permanent? I doubt it is, because if it is then the only thing that will REALLY distinguish it from the old X in terms of ride experience is a couple of flamethrowers. And on fright fest X2 is turned to "Area: 19" which is mainly an audio change, unless they do decide to not fix the audio then bye-bye Area 19.

I'm actually glad the audio wasn't on, and that the speakers were removed from Apocalypse. I used to bring ear plugs just for "Terminator" and X2 because of those blasting speakers.

Hooray! Somebody that agrees with me! I really dislike on-ride soundtracks. They give me headaches! I'm hoping that the audio will be gone for good!

Just came from a great, but busy day at the Mt. Got to the park at around 2:30, and rushed for Green Lantern. After waiting about 45 minutes, I got on, and was slightly underwhelmed. The ride was very fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't as fantastic or insane as I thought it would be. I hung around until 7:00, and finished off the day with a 25 minute wait for Goliath (The line was at the soda machines). Now, we're on our way back to Bakersfield.

Edit: 200th post madness!!

Rode Green Lantern for the first time today and I thought it was great. Those drops are pretty forceful. It broke down right before I got on, and it took about an hour to get up and running. In line for Supe now and it's going about three trains every ten minutes. And the line is out past the Fortress. These ops are slow

I really like the audio on X2, the only thing is you cannot hear a thing while actually going through the ride. It's nice to have something to listen to that's also somewhat amusing at the same time while traveling up the lift that takes hours to reach the top.

Whats wrong with people thats make stupid rumors.Since when did SFMM say such a thing..,Its one of the popular coasters and its only one left owned by Six Flags.

"Oh, SFMM said Deja Vu is being moved to SFNE."

SFNE's FaceBook wall is getting spammed up with,

"Omg, I heard you're removing Shipwreck Falls for Deja Vu? NO!"

I really like the audio on X2, the only thing is you cannot hear a thing while actually going through the ride. It's nice to have something to listen to that's also somewhat amusing at the same time while traveling up the lift that takes hours to reach the top.

Yeah, Enter Sandman on the lift, and other audio effects (heartbeat,etc) really build up the adrenaline - it really makes you think "oh crap, what am I doing..this is crazy."

On another note, when people report that Green Lantern is breaking down, just what is it that breaks down? I know this is common for new coasters because it the test/adjust phase, but is there something that's common with all new coasters that cause these break-downs? Is it simply electrical/software related?

I'm just curious, that's all.

I rode green Lantern on Wednesday and noticed two odd things. The first while in line they kept sending empty trains for about 15 minutes I had no idea what was going on. Then when i went on the ride, while waiting to be unloaded, the train behind us came in with one of the sides upside down and it seemed that they were having trouble correcting the rotation of the trains whenever they would rotate one side back to the correct position the other would end up upside down. In my opinion it seems to me that the crew are still getting used to the operations of this coaster and this may be the cause for the "break downs" and delays. This is all my opinion though from what I observed on my visit.

I've thought Shapiro was a bit "crazy" but the loss of X2's audio feature is possibly beyond the GP's level of stupidity.

-Coaster"Hopes Audio Will Return"Kings908

I'm going to the mountain next week on Thursday, the 14th, and had a couple questions.

How big do you think the crowds will be?

Do lines for Green Lantern get long fast in the morning? Or does the GP still run to X2?

Also Deja Vu is still the only missing credit and I finally plan on going on it, and I have heard mixed reviews of it. Has it been running smooth?

And I don't know how I should go around the park, since my group doesn't want to spend money for gold flash passes I don't know which route to take. I usually go to Tatsu first then go around clockwise, but I wouldn't make it to green lantern until like noonish, would lines already be long? Or should I go counter clockwise and hit Goliath then Green Lantern?

^ I went yesterday (Thursday), and the crowds were large, but manageable. We made it there around 2:00, and Green Lantern had only about a 50 minute wait. I was in a group of 4, and two of my friends hated it, but my other friend and I sat together and liked it! For us, the side facing Batman's loop was the better side. Also, do Deja Vu early. If you want to go on Tatsu, go ahead and do it, but go immediately to Deja Vu afterwards, because the line goes very slowly.

^ Okay thanks guys. Also one more question, I heard X2 is getting bad? Can anyone confirm this? I know it has new headrests, but it beat up my back last time I went on it

Im going tomorrow ill let you know how it is .

Gosh I hope X2 gets it's audio back at least for the lifthill and station pull in. During the ride it's fine to not have beastie boys blasting out since even i couldn't hear it well at all. But the lift hill and the end song/effects are great.

Also, I complained about X2 trashing my head around when i went on it last summer. It felt a bit like Kong at SFDK.

don't kill me.