TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wisconsin Dells Question(s)

Erik Johnson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wilderness Hotel is probably one of if not the largest indoor waterpark hotels in the Dells. Great place to stay, I spent two whole days just at the hotel before venturing out into the rest of the city.

Mount Olympus of course has some of the best wooden coasters north of Santa Claus, Indiana. While I've heard the new Parthenon isn't anything spectacular, there's a great waterpark at Olympus as well.

Timber Falls on the north side of town has great mini-golf, a great skyscraper ride, and a great wooden coaster (Avalanche). They also have a log flume that's worth a ride or two.

Noah's Ark is a great waterpark worth a day's visit, with a great watercoaster as well.

Riverview is only worth the credits. Other than that, steer clear of it.

Little-a-Merrick-a is worth the trip as well. Great little family fun park.

Hope that helps, Erik.

Before you go, there are some Wisconsin Dells coupon books you can pick up [dellscoupons.com] that have a bunch of great deals. In a $15 coupon book we got 2 for 1 Mt.Olympus, 2 for 1 Timber Falls, 2 for 1 mini-golf at several places, lots of food deals as well as water park deals, and a bunch of other coupons we didn't really look through. I'm pretty sure you can check out the deals on the website as some of the coupons did expire. If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel, the Black Hawk motel was actually very nice for the price even though it wasn't too appealing from the outside.

Mt. Olympus of course. Make sure you sit in the back seat of Cyclops if you want to experience some crazy airtime

Don't miss Avalanche. The ride make not look very impressive, but it really packs a punch.

Riverview is right down the street from Mt. Olympus. There are three coasters, none of which are worth riding, but it's inexpensive if you really want the credits.

We didn't do any water parks so I really can't give you any advice on them. If you enjoy mini-golf, Pirate's Cove was really neat.

www.blackhawkmotel.com is where it's at.

It's location is a bit "out of the way" from the main attractions strip, which is both good and bad, in that it's more quiet, but you'll have to drive to get to the parks.

However, it is located just a bit away from the "tourist spots" which sell all the t-shirts and souvenirs. There's also some mini-golf and quite a few restaurants.

I think we paid just over $150 for three nights. The place has a fridge/microwave in every room, a DVD player, and it's really roomy. So yeah, I should work for them or something.

And everything else has basically been covered.

If you're in to vegetarian cuisine, the Cheese Factory restaurant is a good place to check out. It's located in someone's house, basically, the menu is a bit thin but there are a LOT of interesting things on it.

Little-a-Merrick-a is worth the trip as well. Great little family fun park.

Not so much...It's high class for the low rent district. But that's about it. Go for the credits. Then leave. Real quick.

^Actually Little A-Merrick-A has an awesome kiddie coaster and one of the last remaining Herschell Mad Mice, along with a great train ride and a Roll-O-Plane. They've even got a small Parachute Drop.

Black Hawk Motel my look nice, but you want this one:

http://www.usa.travelmall.com/content/hotel_info/Best+Value+Day's+End+Motel+Wisconsin+Dells--code--866.html

It's very close to all the parks, it has a few water slides, some cute little rooms, and one of the cleanest environments I've seen. It's one of those "old fashioned" motels.

• 3 weeks later...

of course go to mt. olympus, but dont hit up the family land water park. it will be much worth the extra money to spend one day at the big chief theme park and another day at noahs ark water park. noahs ark was known for miles around long before CCI first built cyclops at big chief. most importantly, of course, there are alot of hot chicks there. DON'T pass them up.

If you want to visit a waterpark, visit the Kalahari. They have a Master Blaster (which is GREAT!) and some other fun slides. I'm not sure how the outdoor slides are since I went in winter, but they look fun, too.

Kalahari costs about $40 per ticket if you don't stay there. Not worth it for that much money. Noah's and Wilderness have better attractions.

Honestly, if you want to do something non-coaster related go ride the Original Dells Ducks and/or the Boat Tour. The ducks are old amphibius vehicles the go between the Wisconsin River and land. I'd suggest the Lower Dells tour. The Upper Dells tour is fine too.

There is also a new Broadway Dinner Theatre that opened last weekend. I only mention it because I work there. The production is decent, the food is amazing, and it's moderately priced. It's almost never busy.

^Ditto. I'm not much for non-coastering, but the Ducks were great! I've been looking through an attraction guide that I nabbed from a Wisconsin hotel, and everything looks sweet in some way. One thing that fascinated me was that "Wonder Spot" thing. I'm sure it has a fake history etc, but defying gravity is pretty badarse, and that nobody here can deny...

If you're into animals, I recomend Aligator Ally in Extreme World (which is right across the street from Mt. Olympus.) Lots of cool gators, snakes, and turtles there....

^The Wonder Spot thing is pretty cool. It looks better in the pictures then when you are actually there. It still is cool, but not "woah dude, I have five fingers" cool....if you know what I mean. When you walk through it, it just seems like there are crooked walls. However, the chair thing is cool.

If you want some cool pictures, make sure your camera is lined up with the sides of the room. That way, it actually looks like you are defying gravity.

Still not done as of a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to be for like 2 years ago, then last year, then this year...honestly, the way they're putting it together it looks about 3 - 5 years away still! You can go ride a clone of it at Kiddieland in Chicago if you want!