La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 108 - Carnaval en Folie Announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a disaster of a park.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 am

DirkFunk wrote:
qwimjim wrote:i'm going to go again next weekend and i'll report back, have you guys gone in may before? maybe it just gets crazy once school lets out end of june?

I tried. The park didn't open because of passing showers hours earlier on Victoria Day 2004. The staff stayed, however, because they are union, behind padlocked gates. And they ran rides. Empty rides. Possibly for hours.

well maybe they've improved in the 14 years since then :)

I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue May 22, 2018 11:21 am

qwimjim wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:
qwimjim wrote:i'm going to go again next weekend and i'll report back, have you guys gone in may before? maybe it just gets crazy once school lets out end of june?

I tried. The park didn't open because of passing showers hours earlier on Victoria Day 2004. The staff stayed, however, because they are union, behind padlocked gates. And they ran rides. Empty rides. Possibly for hours.

I went again and actually got inside years later. It was what I was warned about. Lots of other people have tried to go and have a good time independent of me and found it a challenge. I mean, kudos to you having that luck. I got lucky too - Saturday at Canada's Wonderland was dead when I popped in for a few minutes for some rides. Like walk-on Leviathan dead. But I have no illusions I'll find that at La Ronde.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
qwimjim wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:

I went again and actually got inside years later. It was what I was warned about. Lots of other people have tried to go and have a good time independent of me and found it a challenge. I mean, kudos to you having that luck. I got lucky too - Saturday at Canada's Wonderland was dead when I popped in for a few minutes for some rides. Like walk-on Leviathan dead. But I have no illusions I'll find that at La Ronde.

that's too bad, hopefully i get lucky again next weekened! and you too if you come back again. curious how does behemoth compare to goliath at laronde? (i'm assuming you've ridden both) they seem pretty similar, out and back with a lot of airtime hills. if behemoth is really similar to goliath, i'm debating whether it's worth the 5 hour trek just to ride leviathan and paying $50 when i could drive 5 hours to SFNE and ride superman, wicked cyclone, batman floorless, etc.. for free with gold pass. nothing else at CW really piques my interest beyond the two big B&M's

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Honorarius » Tue May 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Headed here on 2nd of June, a Saturday... Going in to process my pass, ride Goliath and Le Vampire, then leave... Expecting brutal operations either way, but what order should I ride those in to get out of there as fast as possible???

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm

^Vampire first because it's fairly close to the season pass processing center, so you'll lose less time by hitting it first, then Goliath, then leave.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 134

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Honorarius wrote:Headed here on 2nd of June, a Saturday... Going in to process my pass, ride Goliath and Le Vampire, then leave... Expecting brutal operations either way, but what order should I ride those in to get out of there as fast as possible???

why not process the season pass after you're done riding?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Now that SF is picking up some new parks, maybe they would like to let go of this one lol!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 26, 2018 8:02 pm

coasterbill wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a disaster of a park.

This is <sadly> the one park in Canada, I am soooo glad is on the other side of the country. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby qwimjim » Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Vonni wrote:Now that SF is picking up some new parks, maybe they would like to let go of this one lol!

Let it go? How about just putting some money into it instead of buying more parks in buttfuck nowhere. Where else is there an amusement park IN a city of 4 million, that gets 10 million summer tourists, that you can see from the city, bike to from the city, is accessible by subway, etc..? The potential of this place is huge, the problem is no investment. Spend the bucks to spruce the place up, staff it properly, RMC the le monstre and build a record breaking steel coaster and voila. Build it and they will come.

Problem is Six Flags is cheap, they prefer to charge peanuts for passes but spend peanuts on their parks outside of a couple flagship parks (MM, Great Adventure, etc). You can buy a gold pass for $60, the equivalent cedar fair pass is $220.

So yeah, I guess you're right, best thing would be for SF to let it go, and Cedar Fair to pick it up and do it right. In less than 10 years CW has gotten behemoth, leviathan, and a new dive coaster coming. Coasters that have put it back on the map. Look at KD with i305 and Carowinds with Fury. Six Flags is just too damn cheap. I would gladly pay triple for a better park with modern cutting edge rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!