Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Post about what movies you've seen or ANYTHING!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby onewheeled999 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 am

^ Oh, jeez, don't even get me started..

That football scene. That drug dealer scene. That flower shop scene. That trademark "Oh, hi ______!" greeting. Those three gratuitous sex scenes within the first half hour of the film, that actually repeat shots (Thank God I watched a censored version on [Adult Swim], the entire screen was a black bar for like 30 seconds at a time... I'm scared to know what was behind it). That EVERYTHING...

Brilliant movie.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I will never get tired of "The Room". Ever. It could be the most popular thing ever and I will always love it.

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 pm

YouTube Videolink

It's just so perfectly bad. And the gratuitous sex scenes are just... baffling. It's a masterpiece. And it's even better during a midnight showing.
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

https://soundcloud.com/jonurban

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:58 pm

I saw Project X. It was my first R movie in the theater without a parent as I recently turned 17 (I went with friends). I thought it was hilarious. I suppose you can only enjoy the movie if you accept that it's supposed to be over the top. The story gets shaky at some points, but gets back on it's feet in the last 20 minutes or so. I highly recommend it if you just want to laugh at... society?
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby RCBoilermaker14 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 am

Recently I saw The Lorax.It was a pretty good movie.Danny Devtito was funny as the Lorax.Overall it was pretty good,4/5.
Last edited by RCBoilermaker14 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm.
Coasters,burgers,and Chuck Norris are awesome.
Coaster Count:11 Wood:2 Steel:5 Other/Hybrid:1 Favorite Coaster:Thunderhead Wood:Thunderhead Steel:Corkscrew(Cedar Point)Other/Hybrid:Gemini
Park Count:2 Favorite Park:Dollywood

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby grrt » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I caught The Prankster on today. I was seriously surprised by this movie. It took your typical high school film about growing up, the outcasts dealing with jocks and such, and actually made it believable and gave it some meat, opposed to resorting to crude humor and sex constantly. Was a welcome break from the same old teen movies that are entirely centered around these. There were actual conversations, and a big focus on character interactions. I didn't like the movie at first because I thought this was exactly what it would be, but it really grew on me as I watched.

A really good lighthearted film which may appeal to a wider demographic than just high school kids.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

Just came back from the midnight premiere of the Hunger Games, and although it was extremely similar to the book, I was not impressed. I don't mean to say the movie sucked by any means, but something about it just felt...absent. It was quite long, clocking in close to two-and-a-half hours. Also, I know it had to maintain a PG-13 rating, but the violence onscreen was not as visceral as I would have liked after having read the way the book depicted violence. Overall, If you read the book then you may want to see it to form your own opinion, but if you haven't read the book you might be lost a bit, as it shaved off some key details that may have appeared dull to cut down the length.
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:03 am

Recently saw Abduction. Even though it has Taylor Lautner in it, I thought it was a very good movie. Good amount of action and I love the fact that Taylor Lautner's character completely flipped out on the other guys. I also love the fact that this movie was based in Pittsburgh and some of the surrounding areas. Overall, great movie, I'd give it a 9/10.

Also, earlier this evening, I watched the Blind Side. The Blind Side is an amazing movie. I love all of these types of sports movies, and I was expecting a good movie and was not disappointed. It has a great story and is a happy movie, funny at times, and sad, making it a perfect mix. I recommend this movie highly and I give it a 9.5/10.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PSiRockin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Super 8- Really good, great acting. I waited too long to see this. Loved the story.

Hunger Games - Ugh, it was alright, but the characters were bland and the main actress...sucked.
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby scbt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I saw the girl with the dragon tattoo last night and thought it was really good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it did seem a but too long, though I'm not sure what they could have cut to shorten it.

Also, Inglorious Basterds was a bloody good time... With extra emphasis on the bloody.
Strings - Bacon - Coasters - Turtles

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random