Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 543: 'Tomorrowland 'movie review posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby cfc » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42 pm

^I rather liked Session 9, but to each his own. I thought it was a good, subtle horror film that builds the tension gradually.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:28 pm

^I liked it as well, Chuck. I knew nothing about the movie beforehand, so I watched it for what it was. Sure, I was a little confused that it was actually the main character doing the killing and not something supernatural, but the suspense and atmosphere in the movie made up for it.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby dino » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Watched The Thomas Crown Affair yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Pierce Brosnan was great as a smug, full of himself millionaire. The banter between his character & Rene Russos' was fun & clever, even if her acting was rather...ehh.
-Gabriel

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NJCroMag » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 am

onewheeled999 wrote:Let the Right One In: Liked it. Went in expecting a horror movie, got a gorgeous, intimate love story with a supernatural twist. Would watch again, with improved expectations.

Outstanding movie...far better than the American remake.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 am

I got a free Redbox code yesterday and I can't pass up a free rental so I picked up This Means Ware. It was a fun movie. Nothing award-winning, of course, but it had a few good laughs. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy were pretty funny playing off each other (and not bad to look at, either), and Reese Witherspoon was gorgeous, as always. It was a chick flick with a little bit of spin to appeal to men as well.

Postby ernierocker » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am

Brandy524 wrote:This Means Ware.

Do they use Corningware or Tupperware? :lmao:

Postby alilstronger » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:24 am

Saw Brave and What to Expect When You are Expecting this past weekend. Both were pretty good. Brave is one of the best Disney movies in a long time! What to Expect was actually really funny!! I loved J-Lo's character!!!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Coaster Count: 324
Favorite Steel: Maverick - CP
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler - SFFT

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:30 am

ernierocker wrote:
Brandy524 wrote:This Means Ware.

Do they use Corningware or Tupperware? :lmao:

BAHAHAHA...that's what I get for not proofreading!

alilstronger wrote:Saw Brave and What to Expect When You are Expecting this past weekend. Both were pretty good. Brave is one of the best Disney movies in a long time! What to Expect was actually really funny!! I loved J-Lo's character!!!

My husband said he's read bad reviews of Brave. But it's Pixar so it can't be all bad. I still want to see it and my girls definitely want to see it!

EDIT: Got rid of my double post. Oops!

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

I recently saw Chronicle and overall I liked it. There were some things that did annoy me, like the camera angles during a key scene of the movie. Overall, the first half of the movie was hilarious. The interaction between the main characters was awesome. Overall, good movie: 8/10.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 am

I saw Ted last night. By far one of the funniest movies I've seen so far.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random