Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Post about what movies you've seen or ANYTHING!
Users viewing this topic: rosscoe and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby scbt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I saw the girl with the dragon tattoo last night and thought it was really good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it did seem a but too long, though I'm not sure what they could have cut to shorten it.

Also, Inglorious Basterds was a bloody good time... With extra emphasis on the bloody.
Strings - Bacon - Coasters - Turtles

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfgam#1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm

I just saw the hunger games and I REALLY wish people would stop comparing it to the book. Yes it had it's flaws but people are missing the point of the whole story and that's just sad!!!!!
Swerve we not friends

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby megalyte » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I saw The Hunger Games today and give it a solid 4.5/5, I have never read the books if that makes a difference. I thought it had great actors and an engaging plot which leaves you set up for the next movie.
14 Parks & 37 Coasters!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby E1ticket5 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

^ I loved seeing the Capitol Technology, but I felt like the movie quickly went over the main events of the movie, and nothing else. Aside from the pacing, I really like it.
-Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on TPR.
-Single Rider 4 Life!!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

I saw two movies this past weekend, one in the theater on Friday and one at home today (should be obvious which is which).

The Hunger Games: I wanted to like this movie, but the camerawork just killed it. It was just so shaky that it looked like the film was done by amateurs. I'm not opposed to camera shake when it makes sense, but this film just really overdid it and it ruined parts of the movie completely. In fact, it was so bad my mom almost had to leave the theater due to motion sickness (for reference, she had no problem with The Bourne Ultimatum). Other than that it was okay. I'm not a huge fan of teenages being forced to kill each other, but it was a decent story. The actors could have been cast better, but oh well. I'd probably give it a C+ (B if it was watchable, but the camera caused that level of demotion). I haven't read the book, and I'll probably wait for DVD on the sequels, but it was decently entertaining and probably better than anything else currently playing.

Real Steel-I wasn't initially interested in this, but since it got good ratings I figured it was worth seeing. It was entertaining, but I do think it is a bit overrated. Still, not a bad movie, although it does seem very similar to Rocky (especially the second half). Plus, I am a fan of Hugh Jackman. B-
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Tatsu, Nitro, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Boulder Dash, Goliath (SFGAm), Thunderhead
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels Amusement Park & Resort
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 am

Saw a few movies over the weekend:

Hunger Games

One of the better book adaptations I've seen. Sure, there were a couple of things left out of the books, but overall I thought it was very faithful to the book and a very good movie for anybody who hasn't read the books. I actually thought the casting of the roles was PERFECT and they all did a great job.

21 Jump Street

Absolutely hilarious. One of the better "Action Comedy's" I've seen in awhile. Go see it!!!

Casa De Mi Padre

Can't believe I wasted 2 hours on this thing. Had a couple of "funny" parts, but once you get over the fact that it's Will Ferrel speaking spanish (which is funny in itself for the first 5 minutes) it just turns out to be a stupid movie.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby megalyte » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 pm

I have heard a lot of people say how they did not like the "shakiness" of the cameras in Hunger Games. First, I did not really notice it at all. Second, It adds to the quality and action of the film in my opinion. It's not supposed to look like it's being filmed on a tripod, it's live action scenes!

E1ticket5, I also loved seeing all the Capitol technology and whatnot. I loved the outfits and makeup of all the Capitol people too, some were pretty hilarious and outrageous. I thought the ending was rushed and some scenes could have been longer, but it was already a two and a half hour movie.

Lastly, on the subject of kids killing kids, It's a FREAKING movie!!! Get over it, if you don't want to see kids being killed, then don't see. it doesn't take all but common sense to realize that. I don't see why people are complaining about it, If you are going to see a movie, you should have at least some clue of what's going to happen.
14 Parks & 37 Coasters!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:29 am

^This reminds me of the Fox UFC issue. People didn't want it on cable television because of its violence, when they can choose not to watch it in the first place. There are definitely two strong arguments, but I agree with you about this!
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 am

When I read the premise for Rise of the Guardians, I couldn't help but think that it was way too childish for Dreamworks Animation, considering they have been releasing better quality movies than in their previous years. But they just released their first trailer, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually kind of excited for it. I mean, who would have thought that a movie about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Sand Man saving the world could hold ground? The trailer actually looks pretty decent.

YouTube Videolink

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby darklingscribe » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 am

^ I got a kick out of Santa being a Russian guy with naughty and nice tattooed on his arms.

I just got back from the Hunger Games, I pretty much saw it on a whim and enjoyed it for what it was. I would have liked the satire to be a bit sharper and they needed explain some of the points about the game better (like how the capitol uses the games to make the districts jealous of each other in an attempt to prevent another uprising.)

Overall it is one of the best popular fiction adaptations done in a while, it even beats out a few of the Harry Potter films.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random