Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: JeromyL and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:05 am

^The address you put in has to match the credit card holders address on record or the transaction will be declined is how it normally happens.

It sounds like I'll definitely check this out next year. Some questions:

*The RIP tour gets you front fo line all night once you are done with the tour guide, as opposed to the front of line which only gives you 1 go at each thing?

*Does staying on site at Universal get you unlimited Front of Line access to rides during the day at IOA and USO, do you just have to show your room key or something?

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:10 am

*The RIP tour gets you front fo line all night once you are done with the tour guide, as opposed to the front of line which only gives you 1 go at each thing?

It gets you actual front of line entrance as opposed to Express which significantly reduces wait time (could still be 20 mins or so). After the tour you have express to attractions.

*Does staying on site at Universal get you unlimited Front of Line access to rides during the day at IOA and USO, do you just have to show your room key or something?

Correct, its an unlimited express pass for selected rides.

token black guy

Re: horror nights

Postby jarmor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:31 am

inhaledtales wrote:I have a question that may have been addressed before.

I'm flying down for the Horror Nights tomorrow and am going to buy tickets online pretending I'm a FL resident. The savings are too big to not try.

So my question is, how will they know I'm not a FL resident if I buy the tix online? A good friend of mine lives down there and I can use his address for the online purchase. I guess if they check my ID at the gate I can just say I moved down there a few weeks ago and haven't had time to change it?

Is this too much trouble to save $60 (2 tix worth)?

Thanks for your help

try usign the coke discount and print tickets at home. you can use that ticket at the gate instead
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:40 am

I would probably just pay the full price and not tell lies.
If they do check your I.D you're gonna be paying for those unusable tickets and then the appropriate tickets for your entry.
The event is very worth the price.

Also, your ticket will get you in wed, thurs, fri and saturday this week as Frequent Fear Pass has been extented for the whole week, thats like $20 a night, blimey!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Tonight I went back to Halloween Horror Nights to briefly check out the new scarezone set up in Sting Alley. Today was the first day of this test zone, with Michael Roddy and other Horror Nights creative team members present during its initial hours. The zone itself was quite interesting as it utilized several previous icons, as well as some scareactors from previous years. As small as it was, the scarezone was impressive and exciting, considering that the content of the zone may be a hint at what we could be seeing for Halloween Horror Nights 20 next year.

Of the notable characters I could recognize were Jack Schmidt, Albert Caine, Cindy Caine, the Pumpkinhead from last year's American Gothic and the Usher himself. Heard overhead in the audio loop were segments of audio describing "Coming Attractions" from the voice of the Usher. Clips from Jigsaw, Chucky and the Usher were heard in the loop, but I'm pretty sure that the audio is borrowed from this year's existing track set.

I do apologize for the quality of the photos, as they were taken on my phone, but hopefully these give a basic idea of what the scarezone has to offer. Mind you, the zone itself was quite small, so the few characters pictured were really what you got from the experience. I will likely be going back on Saturday to grab a few more photos, so hopefully I'll come back with some better shots later this week.
1028092014.jpg
Guess who's back?
1028092014a.jpg
And you thought you knew Jack.
1028092015.jpg
My favorite icon tries to rub my back for real...
1028092016.jpg
I truly missed seeing Jack after the Carnival of Carnage ended.
1028092016a.jpg
For the few photos I took, Jack was able to pose for the majority of them.
1028092017.jpg
Let's not forget about this year's icon, The Usher. Maybe he'll be back next year. I always thought he and the Director would make a good team...
1028092017a.jpg
Albert and Cindy Caine made a surprise visit to Sting Alley. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see them either...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby eagleskyline » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Aw, I wish I could've gone with that scarezone there D:
I hope it's not a rehash year like Sweet 16 either.
I believe 20 should be an all-out experience. Classic HHN icons used in new houses, a new disturbing icon, AMAZING houses, AMAZING scarezones, the works.
That'd be fantastic.
Also, the opening gate needs to be decked out with creepy images and music. I love it when I get that creepy atmosphere even before I walk into the park. I hope they don't do a lame carnival theme like at HHN 17. I felt more like "Wow, this is supposed to set the mood with Jason and all them?" as I walked through the gate at that event with the cheesy carnival crap.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm at hhn right now and I have to say the "new" scarezone is more popular than the houses right now! I was interview about what I liked and the general questions. I was stoked to see SINdy and her dad. She has such a child like personality yet so sinister lol...I took some pictures will post when I get home!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 pm

We went again to HHN tonight and really enjoyed the new "scare zone". I put the scare zone in quotes because it was more of a "shuffle through a large crowd in tight quarters" zone. It really was more of a tease of the various characters they could use next year - but the ambiance was perfectly done and the lighting and fog really made it.

For those of you in the area with Frequent Fear Passes they also announced that they will be good this Friday and Saturday as a bonus!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby adeuce02 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 pm

finally got to see the new scare zone on my break today. Not bad seeing all the old icons jack was sweet though but he doesnt come down and take pics just stays on the stairs.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby beyondthepalace » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 pm

some photos of the new scarezone from last night

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!