Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 329: Newest Steel Curtain construction photos posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:32 am

Kennywood is not in the business of removing classic rides. They are in the business of preserving them. Better than almost any other park.

However you want to slice it, the Flying Carpet was not reliable or that popular any more. It was fun, but it's time has passed.

The Kurve and Swing Around will most likely end up back some day, but not neccesarily at Kennywood. It would surprise me at all if one of them found their way to Idlewild or Compounce.
Ted

CoastinKatie

Postby CoastinKatie » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:41 am

Actually Ted, from what I understand the Kurve will be back at Kennywood probably in 08. The swing around will probably venture its way to either Idewild or Compounce in the next year or so.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Kennywood UFO Alert

Postby N'at Man » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:57 am

I was watching the morning news and they had a segment on the construction at Kennywood. They played it up as if a UFO landed at the old site of the Flying Carpet leaving a big hole. They showed the hole filled in with concrete. The park has an update on their website asking for people seeing anything unusual in the area to e-mail the park at UFO@kennywood.com.

Kennywood is pretty creative in creating some hype for a flat ride like a mega Disk'O without having much of a budget. UFO, Disk'O, makes sense even if the ride doesn't have much theming. The reporter said to expect an announcement next week for the ride.
--Tim

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:56 am

VERY COOL! I love Kennywood's creativity. Like you said Tim, no big budget, and yet, that's part of the charm Kennywood has. You know it's home-made, but it's awesome.

I kinda thought this ride would be themed for Volcano Valley, but I like this UFO much better. Hopefully it will have lots of lights and effects, something that Kennywood likes to stay away from.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:28 pm

Its always possible for Kennywood to get a spinning coaster themed to UFOs...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:34 pm

A Euro Mir-styled coaster would be cool but I highly doubt that!
:evil: Incurring the wraith of the title fairy :evil:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:06 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:Its always possible for Kennywood to get a spinning coaster themed to UFOs...

They already have Exterminator.

Don't see the need for another spinning coaster.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby N'at Man » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:28 pm

DenDen wrote:I kinda thought this ride would be themed for Volcano Valley, but I like this UFO much better. Hopefully it will have lots of lights and effects, something that Kennywood likes to stay away from.

We'll see if my source is correct but I'm not expecting lights and effects on the ride. I envision this ride being much like the Flying Carpet which it is replacing. A ride with it's own theme not tied to anything else. I'd have to guess that Kennywood will give this ride a unique name related to UFOs especially since it will help the opening year marketing efforts.
--Tim

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:39 pm

The bad thing about Kennywood...is that they always take out the best rides and replace them...not that i'm complaining because they always put in awsome replacements ie SwingShot. I hope that when the expansion is complete, they add back alot of the old rides they took out.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby fergusonat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:28 pm

I love Kennywood and their ingenuity. They take a small installation and make it a great one. They certainly know how to create hype! This should be a very nice addition to the already stellar Kennywood line-up
www.BGEscape.com --- Your source for quality info on Busch Gardens Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!