Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

Page 23: new coaster announced, Super Cyclone
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

Postby Azoosment@SV » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:31 pm

My apologies. Your questions are a little more complicated to answer. All I can say to all three is maybe. All of three of those are the types of things that we talk about while at IAAPA and our vision is constantly changing and growing!

As to the concern about having enough "adult" attractions. You guys have named a few good ones, the tilt, Xtreme Elevation (and I agree,best drop ride I've ever been on) the snowball ride and the sea dragon. But don't forget about our scrambler or even our Troika (for all you Troika enthusiasts it's the only trailer mounted Troika in the U.S.) And of course the animal exhibits too. And all of this for less than it costs to park at that other park!

In other news, we have released our 2017 operating schedule and you may notice a change. We will be open in 2017 for the holiday season! Starting Black Friday and every weekend up until Christmas we will be open! The details of our holiday event are still being finalized so look for more news throughout the year.

When we get back from a field trip to St. Louis (checking out a certain holiday event) we will have more updates on the construction progress of the Super Cyclone!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 am

I notice some people in this thread mentioned how the drop tower is one of the best out there O.O Even better then Giant Drop? the ones at SFMM and SFGAd ? Falcon Fury? etc Compare to those ones the drop there is a small fry however i know they can pack a punch. Still if you dont mind me asking what makes this one stand out from the rest?
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:30 am

It obviously is no falcons fury, and my favorite drop tower is actually kings islands drop zone. This one is great though for a couple of reasons, it's so unexpected given the thrill level of everything else at the park, and also because people (especially the GP) have become so familiar with the intamin pause that the lack of one on these ARM models really catches people by surprise. It is a very fun drop ride and while not the tallest It gives the perfect amount of true free fall action. Plus it's a gatunteed walk on.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:11 am

I always say "the best drop tower in the midwest." It's much better than the Intamin drop tower at Great America, the huge S&S drop towers at Cedar Point, the huge disc drop tower at Kings Island, and even the tilting drop at SFOG (I know, not the midwest). I have not yet been on the tallest ones at SFGAdventure and SFMM, but I've heard those drops simply aren't the most thrilling (aside from being very tall).

Santa's Villiage X-Treme Elevation drop has more of a "dead-weight" drop feel to it, very potent! Don't get me wrong, all the others I listed are fun too!

I would compare X-Treme Elevation (and even equate it) with the awesome drop towers at Waldameer and Knoebels, whatever manufacturer those are. They may not be as tall as the Intamin and S&S big boys, but they are much MUCH more thrilling. And comfortable. They also don't stop at the top, they just drop - and you don't know when it's coming. (Actually, if you pay close attention to the sounds the thing is making, you can predict it. For real nerds!)
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Oh ok. So it pretty much drops very very quickly. I did notice when the drop towers drop you kind of float a little. Where as from what you guys said about this one its like being a boulder falling from high above. That would be interesting. I love super intense drops :b
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Azoosment@SV » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 am

As promised here is an updated look at the site where the coaster will be built, along with a rendering of the cars! Super Cyclone will have 6 of these cars, running in two car trains.
IMG_9025.JPG
Car blueprint.jpg

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Azoosment@SV » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:26 pm

We just got word from the manufacturer that the Super Cyclone is ahead of schedule and everything is going extremely well. We have finalized the colors of the ride which will be orange track with galvanized uprights. Attached is an image of the rides layout.We are so excited for this new addition and can't wait for everyone to ride it!

Time is moving quickly though, and along with our christmas event we are deep into planning what we will have in store for 2018! Just today we had a manufacturer stop by, one who's attractions are not made for the current temp outside!

We hope to have more updates to you soon. Happy Holidays!
Track Front R Corner View blueprint.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:44 am

Guessing Time:

Zamperla Water Mania/ Mack Twist N' Splash (Tea Cups With Water)
Whitewater/ Proslide attraction (And a good boost to their attendance by re-opening the waterpark)
Zamperla/ Mack standard water ride like a Log Flume, Rapids
Mack Pulsar coaster
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Azoosment@SV » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

New Year is here, time for another episode of the Anewsment Report.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Are there any other rides that you guys bought from Fun Spot? Maybe that Bayern Curve ride or even the Ferris Wheel?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!