TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or DINOSAUR?

Which ride is better?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which ride is better?

• The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
    • DINOSAUR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer Spiderman. Both vehicles use a motion base, however the base on spiderman is much mores sophisticated.

DINOSAUR doesn't have much interesting to look at. It's dark most of the time. In spiderman, there is always something cool to look at, as the action never lets up for a second.

Honestly, I could go on forever listing reasons why Spiderman is my favorite ride ever... roller coaster, or not.

Sure, spiderman doesn't have any Audio Animatronics, but a 3D character can do SO MUCH MORE.

The interaction between the 3D world and the real one is so well done. I honestly forget that what I am watching is just a 3D projection. And, the motion is so well timed with the camera angles, even if you aren't wearing 3D glasses everything seems to move around with you, like its real.

Spiderman, of course...

But I'm curious as to why you only included these two rides, which are pretty damn dissimilar. Why not include Curse of DarKastle, which uses 3D like Spidey, or the DLR Indiana Jones Adventure, which uses the same ride system as Dinosaur? Could it be that you've only ridden the two you mentioned? Could this be yet another totally meaningless TPR poll?

Having never been on Spiderman, but having ridden both Indy and Dinosaur, I think I'd still perfer Dino simply because it doesnt rely on projections and you don't have to wear the 3D Glasses.

That said I agree with Shepp...why these two? Both have great technology, but they aren't exactly similar rides.

Having never been on Spiderman, but having ridden both Indy and Dinosaur, I think I'd still perfer Dino simply because it doesnt rely on projections and you don't have to wear the 3D Glasses.

That said I agree with Shepp...why these two? Both have great technology, but they aren't exactly similar rides.

You actually dont need the glasses to enjoy the ride, it just makes it a lot better.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

I've been on Spiderman, Dinosaur and Indy at DL...

the list goes:

1.) Spiderman

2.) Indy

3.) Dinosaur

Dinosaur is jumpy and seems to be fast moving, but is way too dark and just not as much fun as the other 2. Indy is fun but I thought it seemed a bit short, definitely close to as much fun as Spiderman though.

Hmm... I don't know. They're pretty darn different rides.

I probably enjoy both equally, because both have their pros and cons. Dinosaur was pretty darn thrilling, and all our group liked it. It was a really fun ride, suprisingly so, after all the bad stuff I heard about it.

But the fall on Spiderman is a sensation that cannot be missed. Totally amazing.

Hmm... I don't know. They're pretty darn different rides.

I probably enjoy both equally, because both have their pros and cons. Dinosaur was pretty darn thrilling, and all our group liked it. It was a really fun ride, suprisingly so, after all the bad stuff I heard about it.

But the fall on Spiderman is a sensation that cannot be missed. Totally amazing.

I agree. It didn't seem very realistic on my first ride, but the more and more I ride it, the more realistic it seems. The first time I rode, most like the reason why I wasn't as amazed by the drop was because I was expecting some sort of airtime.

Having never been on Spiderman, but having ridden both Indy and Dinosaur, I think I'd still perfer Dino simply because it doesnt rely on projections and you don't have to wear the 3D Glasses..

Indy relies on a few projections, and Dino just relies on dark... dark... LOUD NOISE!... dark... dark... LOUD NOISE!

There's more visceral impact IMHO on Spiderman than Indy (which I love dearly and would put in second place just behind Spidey), and far more than Dinosaur (which is Indy's layout, so I don't get the comments about it being a shorter ride).

Spiderman, of course...

But I'm curious as to why you only included these two rides, which are pretty damn dissimilar. Why not include Curse of DarKastle, which uses 3D like Spidey, or the DLR Indiana Jones Adventure, which uses the same ride system as Dinosaur? Could it be that you've only ridden the two you mentioned? Could this be yet another totally meaningless TPR poll?

Could it be that it doesn't really matter? Could this post be yet another totally annoying shepp post?

Could it be that it doesn't really matter? Could this post be yet another totally annoying shepp post?

Yep.

And in the pseudo-scientific spirit of the poll: I've annoyed other people intentionally, but I've never tried to annoy you. So I'll vote for annoying you.

I'm curious as to why you only included me, when there are other members on the site as well. Why not include Wes, who is also Jewish, or Joe, who had to pass up on the UK trip because of work as well? Could it be that you're always whining about something because it's the only way anyone will pay attention to you? Could this be yet another totally meaningless shepp post?

Well, I've only been on Dinosaur and I reallly liked it. To be fair it was 5 years ago and I thought that loud bangs and dark were scary and therefore a good, thrilling ride.

But, I think it's going to have to go with Spiderman. Just a POV of it blew me aways so think what the real ride would do.... But, I'll leave off voting until I've ridden both (so, in just over two weeks).