TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funny Video of Jurassic Park Japan...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I would say california's better and here are two videos of california's Jurassic Park. Watch them both the first one shows the t rex better
and

Great Videos...I would say Califorinas is better. The waterfall effect at the end is really cool...

I've only been on California and Florida, but from what I hear Japan's is an exact mirror image of the florida one.

California's is better for the following reasons:

* An extra baby ultrasaur in the first lagoon

* The falling jeep effect, which is way better than the crate (although way less reliable)

* Perhaps the coolest effect is the giant T-Rex head that comes down straight over the boat.

* The waterfall that hides the final T-Rex adds a lot of suspense, but the tradeoff is that the Florida and Japan versions have much more animated T-Rex

* You can see the parking garage from the ride.

* You're surrounded by a generic studio lot after splashdown.

* I much prefer the dropping raptor crate, personally. The jeep effect is pretty stupid looking, since you can see both the track it's on and the wires it's connected to. Bad show. Plus, dropping something right over someone's head is more likely to scare them than something falling down a wall.

I do find it odd, though, that USH's ride has two T-Rex's and the other versions have one. IOA's JPRA could use some more AA's. Other than that, I much prefer the way it looks over USH's.

* You can see the parking garage from the ride.

* You're surrounded by a generic studio lot after splashdown.

So Dueling Dragons must suck because you can see a lot of things that would qualify as "bad show" (including the show building of the castle you were just inside of!) on the ride?

If the parking garage was right smack dab in the middle of the ride and I can't focus anywhere else but the parking garage, that would be one thing. But I personally don't have a problem with things not being completely immersive (although it only adds that much more to a ride when it is) because I *KNOW* I'm at a theme park and can still focus on the ride itself. It's still pretty damn immersive, and I highly doubt many people get off the ride thinking "I couldn't have gone to Jurassic Park because I saw the parking structure and ended up back in the Studio Center when I was off the ride!!"

* I much prefer the dropping raptor crate, personally. The jeep effect is pretty stupid looking, since you can see both the track it's on and the wires it's connected to. Bad show. Plus, dropping something right over someone's head is more likely to scare them than something falling down a wall.

It's still cooler to see an SUV fall. That's all that matters. Crates? PoTC has been hanging barrels over my head and trying to fool me into thinking they will fall on me for my entire life!

No one expects a tall, outdoor roller coaster to be completely immersive. This is different. As for the dropping props, different strokes I guess. I don't like any gag where the technical workings stick out like a sore thumb. They can try dropping a cruise ship off a cliff; I still won't like it if I can see it's track, etc.

USH as a whole puts much less emphasis on immersion than IOA, and even USF.

I don't really care that you can see the parking garage on JP because you have to actually look for it to see it (even then it is barely noticable). But, if it's like Busch Gardens and you can see the whole parking lot from any coaster, then I'll start to complain.

The problem with USH's version is that it's so worn down!

Really? Isn't theirs newer than IOAs? If it is, then USH really needs to start doing maintenance on their rides...

No, Hollywood got the first one. I remember going there when they first built it.... back when there was very little to do there..... wait... there's still very little to do there.

• 1 month later...