TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

All US Premier LIM coasters are closed until further notice

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said baffles me. Six Flags Fiesta Texas has a LIM that was open this past weekend. And i called SFOT and they said that Mr. Freeze there was never closed. yeahhhh?

Actually, Mr. Freeze is closed at SFoT, and if anyone knows when that will open, tell me!

Unofficially I've heard they have to build a whole new train for Robin (and possibly every other Premier LIM coaster using that style of train). Don't know how much I believe that, but if it's true expect Chiller to be down for the season.

They have to rebuild the Chiller trains because they had to take them apart to get them off the track.

Freeze snatched some wires or something, there were 2 totally different Premier LIM coaster accidents. Freeze is the accident that closed all of them. And Chiller is just a coincidence that happened around the Freeze accident.

They have to rebuild the Chiller trains because they had to take them apart to get them off the track.

Freeze snatched some wires or something, there were 2 totally different Premier LIM coaster accidents. Freeze is the accident that closed all of them. And Chiller is just a coincidence that happened around the Freeze accident.

No, that kind of rebuild can be done in an afternoon...this is supposed to be a "Build a brand new train from scratch (but without the problems)" train build.

The timing with the Freeze incident was completely coincidence and a very different problem, but apparently the cause of Chiller's problems showed a potential problem with all those Premier trains.

Hey guys, I was just at SFA on Thursday with some official news.

They even made a custom sign for JJ and put it on the entrance.

The message went something like this (I don't remember it word for word)

"Jokers Jinx is closed for maintenance. A new part for the ride has to be replaced. The part is being manufactured and fabricated." And then something about how this has to happen to ensure safety.

No word on when the ride will open that I know of, but they need a new part for it.

Hate to say I told you so. The accident on the Chiller was severe and DID require that people be sent to the hospital. Now, it seems as though trains need to be rebuilt. This is terrible. However, looking on the bright side...assuming that the shutdowns of Joker's Jinx is related, at least Six Flags is taking a precautionary step to prevent any further injuries.

Hate to say I told you so. The accident on the Chiller was severe and DID require that people be sent to the hospital. Now, it seems as though trains need to be rebuilt. This is terrible. However, looking on the bright side...assuming that the shutdowns of Joker's Jinx is related, at least Six Flags is taking a precautionary step to prevent any further injuries.

All Robin did was valley, I doubt anybody had to be sent to the hospital. But it seems whenever it does valley they close it down for long periods of time. Oh well. No rides on Chiller this season.

^ Incorrect sir. There are confirmed reports that people were taken to the hospital.

NEWS FLASH! I just pulled into my parking spot at work and was about to turn the radio off when I heard "It's official Six Flags Great Adventure has confirmed" so I listened with extreme attention. This was on 106.3 at 7:33 a.m. They said that on June 1st a part malfunctioned causing Chiller to come to an abrupt halt with 20 people onboard. They took two teens to the hospital, one came back later in the day. They both had bruises. They added that Chiller remains closed.

That was taken from GAdv.com. And like I stated earlier in the thread, a park employee who responded to the accident also confirmed that people were sent to the hospital.

Don't know if it's been said, but over at GADV, they're saying that it's official that the Robin side of the Chiller will be down for the rest of the season.

I have a little info to share from a very trustworthy source, not certain whether or not it has been shared already. However, the problem with chiller that was found was a design problem with the trains. The robin train is soooo damaged that an entirely new train is needed, therefore robin's side of chiller will be out for the rest of the season DEFINITLY!!!! No debate about it - sorry to say folks Robin will not open at all for the rest of this season, this is a FACT! Currently SFI is inspecting all the trains on the premier rides launched caosters which would be both Mr. Freeze's and Batman's side of chiller. Once they are positive that the design flaws are worked out they will reopen. So it will indeed be one more season of one side operation on chiller yet again!!!! Exacvtly what this design flaw is I can not say for sure, however it does have something to do with the amount of intensity the train goes through. You have to remember chiller is a one train operated coaster that is launched 0-70mph for 20-30 cycles an hour. That is an extreme amount of intensity on one train! Lets not also forget that it was the Robin train that was first retrofit with the lapbar restraint and is the only train of the 4 premeir trains on SF property to have run on all 4 SF premier ride's tracks! I'm not saying that this is why it was the first to experience this problem, but I'm just putting it out there as a possible contribution to this incidence.

I hope his reliable source was wrong this time. But he didn't say anything about an accident. So, maybe his source was VERY wrong.