TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plane Crash Photos....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While were on the talk of plane crashes, and me being so in love with aviation, maybe I can tell you some stuff about takeoff that might help you get over it. Well there are 3 peroids during takeoff called V1, V2 and V3. V1 is when you have build up enough speed to take off and you rotate, V2 is when you are just airborn but you still have enough room on the runway to make a safe landing, and V3 is when you completely clear of the runway and the only way to land is to turn back or find an empty field.

Takeoff might be scary because the plane is shaking and the jet engines are building up power, but its really a LOT safer then landing, although they are both pretty safe. The only real reasons that could cause a plane to abort takeoff or crash on take off are either 1) Stalling, not having enough speed to keep the wings flying 2) a structural failure 3) loss of power or not enough power from the engines to successfully gain airspeed and 4) the weight balance of the aircraft, if a plane is tail heavy it will want to lift off the ground on its on, but it is unflyable once airborn, this can be recovered from V2.

Please correct me if anything I said was wrong, but Im pretty sure its right.

Also, at the Sun N Fun (a BIG experimental airshow in lakeland), we saw a small airplane (Cirrus SR22) blow a tire on landing. He stalled about 15 feet too high and the plane fell, the tire blew and the axel started to drag on the runway. I guess it finially gave out under the force and colapsed causing the plane to roll over 3 times. Nobody was killed, but I dont think the equipped parachute would have worked there (maybe 2 people will get that!)!

Colin"I so much love flying and all its concequences"C

Its really weird, I saw the Thunderbirds preform at the show BEFORE that happened. It was at the 100th anniversary of flight Dayton Airshow. They were okay, but I like the Blue Angels better, and my favorite aerobatic pilot has to be Sean Tucker. My old favorite was Bobby Younkin who did aerobatics in a Leer 25, but he was killed last year in a head on plane crash. Its a dangerous hobby/career, but I love it so much...

Colin"Ill fly any of you somewhere one day, if you pay for it!"C

OOOOOO!!! I found a wicked site that has a few videos of passenger planes crashing and audio recordings of the pilots before the crash. Also with some of the towers recordings during the crash with lots of pictures!! It even gives a warning about viewer discretion is advised!!

Ok view this site at your own risk!! After checking this site out I am now 1000000000000000000000% sure I will never fly!!

http://www.airdisaster.com/

^I don't know exactly what happened, but I know it did happen in 2004. It took off from Atlanta, and over around Peachtree City (down south of the city) it somehow flew off.

I ended up flying on it on September 30, 2005, and again on October 2nd.