TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also excited for Wii Fit, although, I think we need to stop getting (pardon the spelling) pherephrials, cause my basement is SO cluttered. Rock Band drums/guitar/microphone/, PS2, Wii, Wiimotes, Nunchucks, PS2 controllers, games, Wii Wheel, DDR mat (Wii) (PS2), Does it stop?

Wii fit is stupid, there nothing on that game that will make you remotely fit that you can't already do without it, ie yoga, push-ups, etc. The rest is pretty dumb balance stuff. Waste of money, imo.

Yeah but let's face it, it's all about the balance board

^Yeah it's awesome. I played on it sunday and it's loads of fun. I did the running with 2 persons but in the end instead of putting it in our pocket and actually run, we just shook our wii remotes untill I tripped and fell ...

• 2 weeks later...
Wii fit is stupid, there nothing on that game that will make you remotely fit that you can't already do without it, ie yoga, push-ups, etc. The rest is pretty dumb balance stuff. Waste of money, imo.

For people who hate going to gyms, have work days structured where getting outside while it's still light out is difficult (and potentially dangerous), and have trouble knowing what exercises to focus on....WII FIT KICKS ASS!!!

I spent 45 minutes playing it tonight, and I've never been so blown away by a game before. It's literally a godsend for unmotivated people like myself. The running game is awesome and perfect for giving me a great cardio workout.

I'm seriously going to recommend this at my next doctors visit. This is a great thing for hospitals and physical rehabilitation clinics to have.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the prices that these Wii Fits are selling for on eBay??

Its ridiculous, just like the actual console, I think these Asians are holding back the amount of units being exported to the US, just to produce more demand.

And I'd say its working, Almost a year and a half after its release and you still can't just into a Best Buy and find one on the shelves.

^ I am still glad I didn't have to pay those prices for the wii or wiifit.

I LOVE WIIFIT.

I could play the balance games for hours, but it stops me at 45 minutes. I wish there were more patterns for step aerobics, and I just don't get the running "game" sometimes i get perfect scores, the next I get bad and I don't think I am doing anything differently.

I remember when I got my Wii. I was one of those losers waiting for the pre-order date at Game Stop, I remember it was Friday the thirteenth in October. I had Midterms on that day, so everyone left school at 10:30AM. I got to Game Stop and I told them I wanted to pre-order a wii. The guy says "Congratulations, you got the last order!" I was so happy at that time. Then that Sunday was the Nintendo Fusion Tour. It was great, you'd have to wait in line about an hour before you could play one game of Wii Sports: Tennis.

Does anyone know what happened to the Nintendo Fusion tour for 2007?

It's like they disappeared with no warning.

Im not sure if this has been discussed yet (im sure it has) but has anyone else pre-ordered GH4 yet? It seems as if they are getting it right after Harmonix's sad excuse for Rockband on Wii. GH4 proves that there COULD have been the same features on Wii as the 360/PS3 versions of Rockband had, but Harmonix went the for cheap PS2 port.

Wow I just heard from friends that they've ordered fit in may and still haven't got one. What's up with that. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago but I also haven't received one yet.

Also, I'm also totally going to pre order Guitar Hero World Tour. It's just looks too awesome!