TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blazing mouse sets fire to house

USRoadTripper

Blazing mouse sets fire to house

A US man who threw a mouse onto a pile of burning leaves could only watch in horror as it ran into his house and set the building ablaze.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner, New Mexico, found the mouse in his home and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," he was quoted as saying by AP.

Though no-one was injured, the house and everything in it was destroyed.

"I've seen numerous house fires, but nothing as unique as this one," Fire Department Captain Jim Lyssy said.

New Mexico has seen several major blazes after unseasonably dry and windy conditions which have destroyed 10 homes and devastated more than 53,000 acres (21,200 hectares) of land.

http://feeds.mexiconews.net/?rid=ad7a2764cc030d54&cat=4b980140662cfc90&f=1

That'll teach him to be cruel to rodents!!!

-Julie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this the other day...as much as I did like the end result, it did kind of bum me out that it's totally acceptable to write about a guy throwing a live rodent into a fire. I'm sure that if it were a cat or a dog, the guy would be in jail, but since it's 'just a rodent' who cares!?!

I LIVE IN NEW MEXICO, AND THIS STORY IS INCORRECT

The man found a dead mouse in his house, threw it into the fire, and the wind caught the grass around his house on fire, leading to his house burning down

Julie, its a great ironic twist, and a good story I would have posted it to. But the story may be true, who knows now, because the old man dork has again changed his story

NEWS FLASH

He is now saying that it DID happen, the mouse had been caught on a sticky trap, and he threw the mouse into the fire, the mouse got free and ran back into the house, ablaze, and caught the house on fire

well, not sure if he is lying for publicity, but that is the official story from New Mexico

I'm on the wagon about this story.. i just heard about it last night when jay leno was talkn about it on his show.. sounded like a joke of course since it came from him.. but it seems to be national news.. true or not.. im glad karma paid the man a visit to his doings on the mouse.