TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

On 2/13/2024 at 5:40 PM, TrippinBillie said:

I was hoping that the merger would tip the scale in favor of how Cedar Fair was ditching all their crappy arrows and the SF parks would follow suit.  Could you imagine if corporate cared just a little bit for our lil' ole' park and replaced Ninja with like a small scale Vekoma or the cheaper vertical Intamin models that just released and RMC'd the boss over the next 2-3 years?  We'd have, like, an actual fun park worthy of season passes again!  

I think it is way too early to know how or if the merger will affect the park. I mean it hasn't even cleared all the government approval process yet. I think it easily will,  but it will likely be halfway through the year before that is all done. Then in addition to ride operations and additions they have to merge season passes, and food/beverage ops, and hiring practices, etc, etc, etc.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, not everyone will like every change, but it will be interesting to say the least. And for what it's worth I have seen a number of comments on the FB updates with people stating that they are interested in getting passes just based on what the park is posting...............and I'm an occasional check in on FB not a daily stalker.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, Danrarbc said:

It just looks like they tore up the old concrete and will pour more of the stuff they've been putting in everywhere else. There don't seem to be any markings suggesting that retaining wall is being demolished.

Oh I didn't think the wall would go as it is basically holding up the hillside where the train tracks are.......just wondering out loud if there was a way to add more tables in the area since they were often all filled up. They were the immovable kind imbedded into the concrete so they all had to get torn out anyway. 

11 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Oh I didn't think the wall would go as it is basically holding up the hillside where the train tracks are.......just wondering out loud if there was a way to add more tables in the area since they were often all filled up. They were the immovable kind imbedded into the concrete so they all had to get torn out anyway. 

A load bearing restraining wall could be installed further back and that'd make more room too. That's what I thought you were suggesting - I just didn't see markings needed to make that happen.

Here's today's update.

image.thumb.png.2d3024ea5fe1f26086a5cc4a3df96653.png

The old radio controlled car area is being turned in to a seating area.

• Like 1

One thing I'm looking forward to is more superhero themed areas at Cedar Fair parks. All of the different ride themes and very bright colored random new attraction areas are getting drab. I hate the fact that Cedar Fair doesn't cater to unsupervised teenagers more. Leave some room for more Justice League rides to vandalize.

I think Maverick being renamed to The Flash would be perfect. Race for your Life Charlie Brown would be a perfect Aqua Girl addition. The newly refurbished area at King's Island could easily be renewed again with a DC thrill packed area, except for Adventure Express, which could easily be rethemed to Taz Girl's Rocky Adventure. Orion's drab colors could be changed to bright red, with the area being space themed to Super Girl's hideout. Patriot would be an easy Wonder Woman conversion. All of the river rapids rides could turn to Aqua Woman attractions. 

The thing I'm most looking forward to is all the updates we can expect every five to six years about restoring all of the areas the park let go in the meantime. Money will not need to be wasted on the bathrooms, and instead they can just renew the facades. Wise spending. (brought to your by Takis)

If this merger doesn't go through, I'm going to be very upset. Cedar Fair parks are too corporate and generic. If we really get back into roller coasters with Eve, I'd like to hear more Taylor Swift music around the park. Advertisements with chemical hair gel displays and questionable toxic snack chips are easy to ignore. My beautiful daughter needs to know all about Skittles so we can share them as a family!

Let's spice it up!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

A load bearing restraining wall could be installed further back and that'd make more room too. That's what I thought you were suggesting - I just didn't see markings needed to make that happen.

Aah, gotcha, miscommunication on my part. I was thinking more about the tables out front, not the ones to the side. Just wondering if they would reconfigure those and the path differently at all. In the end not at all a big deal one way or the other.

For the record. In the new Invision board software running here the button to ignore a user is found by hovering over a username for a second or two. A little profile preview pops up and you can ignore there - best I can tell you can't do this from a full profile page.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

After the video of Pandemonium testing earlier this week this update on Facebook shows more testing is coming soon. BOTH water rides are receiving TLC for decking.

image.png.9451c50ebe364cd997daa31ed2f37ab7.png

The work on the deck around the arcade is actually somewhat interesting to me because I don't even think it was in the worst of condition - the Colossus deck is in need of it way more. But if the arcade back there becomes Joker's funhouse for the themed queue then they're going to want anything you might see or walk on through there to look nice and fresh.

• Like 1

More great updates. That will be a perfect redo for the themed queue, if you've done the one at SFFT you'll know that the queue is as much of an attraction as the ride. Kind of a permanent fun/haunted house. And as far as I am concerned they can retire the haunt that was there and have a new one for FF.

While I am not one to usually wine about things being better in the "good old days" I do wish they would bring back a REAL arcade.......not just a room with claw machines. 

Apparently someone on Facebook SFStL Junkies found the layout for the new ride Joker. Don't know how accurate it is, but it looks plenty convincing.

You can see how it fills up all the way next to Rookie Racer and supergirl. It also looks like the arcade is not part of the ride, it all enters and exits next to Supergirl ( @Danrarbc)

Also I like that you can bypass the Fun house and it looks like it has multiple routes that can be taken. You can see the queue house is behind the ride also might have a fast lane/ADA entrance. Not sure what that building is that leads up to it is though. Gift shop?

Fun idea maybe they will make a boardwalk behind supergirl/Pizzeria/Arcade.

FB_IMG_1709246113582.thumb.jpg.92503279ae864064c07b6a5e75b490e3.jpg

Edited by jamesk25
Fixed ride naming error, didn't catch that right away 😅
  • Thanks 1

I thought for sure they'd use the arcade structure just because it was already there and it might be cheaper than a new building. Guess Oddball lives. The funhouse structure in this site plan seems to be a near exact match to Fiesta's funhouse dimensions.

As for queue design it looks like the funhouse would primarily be optional if they decide just not to use it on low attendance days or if something needs fixed in there, that or a bypass for those sensitive to strobe lights (not sure if those are used in Fiesta I haven't looked at a walkthrough). And looks like there will be plenty of switchbacks to hold a good number of guests, even more than Fiesta has.

My biggest disappointment with this orientation is it is turned 90 degrees from my earlier mockup. So rather than a beautiful angle of it swinging over the Brittania game building as you walk back to the area you'll just see it from the least interesting angle (IMO).

image.png.7772a1b3e13387207758585aa5b95f8e.png

image.png.f092661425dac99579b755228cb70ca5.png

PS: Supergirl. Not Wonder Woman.

PPS: Not complaining but NOT calling Rookie Racer Kid Flash when it'll be RIGHT NEXT to Joker and Supergirl kinda seems like a missed opportunity now (I like it when original names are used, just saying from their perspective it seems like something Six Flags would normally do).

• Like 1

It's Six Flags. They take the path of least resistance and don't care of such things.

That, and/or it may have had something to do with infrastructure, land grading, and whatever other factors we don't know. Engineering vs. architecture. The architect makes it look beautiful, but the engineer has to make it work. Most parks seem to choose one or the other. Places like Disney or Universal have the scratch to make both work.

I'm pretty sure they could have fit this in rotated 90 degrees too - just with an elongated control building that put the electrical room in a different location to make room for the sign.

TweakedJokern2.thumb.jpg.ab133c3fddb8d88866d7467befc8e92e.jpg

Edit: Then again the orientation they picked could look better from other locations in the park. So it really comes down to where you'd prefer the more picturesque side to be visible from. Obviously I'm a fan of seeing it above the arcade as you pass Pandemonium. There are no direct views of its location from the front part of the park so much of the current angle gets wasted. You'd only see it poke above certain buildings and tree lines.

I don't think I really care one way or the other but I am curious as to why they are enclosing the picnic pavilions. Bugs? Gonna have heat/air? Spiffing them up to market them and try to increase the private party rentals? Yes to all?

37 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I don't think I really care one way or the other but I am curious as to why they are enclosing the picnic pavilions. Bugs? Gonna have heat/air? Spiffing them up to market them and try to increase the private party rentals? Yes to all?

It looks like they're screens, not windows (unless they're really tinted). So probably to cut down on bees swarming the soda fountains if I had to guess.

Just an FYI from an email from SF about the legacy memberships if you still have one...

Dear Valued Guest,

We hope you have been enjoying everything your Six Flags Membership has to offer. We are updating our prices to deliver the best guest experience so you can always make the most out of your visits to Six Flags.

If you receive this email, this means at least one of your Membership products falls below the new minimum rate threshold. Your monthly price will increase from your current price www.sixflags.com/accountportal to $6.99/month per Gold Membership, $9.99/month per Platinum Membership, $14.99/month per Diamond Membership, and $18.99/month per Diamond Elite Membership on your next scheduled payment after April 18th, 2024. Your payment schedule will not change, and only Memberships below this threshold will be impacted. 

As long as you remain a Six Flags Member, you can enjoy all the benefits your Membership offers. This program is exclusive to Members like you! If you’d prefer, you can also switch to one of our new passes for the 2024 season. www.sixflags.com  

If you wish to make any updates to or discontinue your Membership, you can visit the Account Portal anytime. www.sixflags.com/accountportal

We’re here for you if you have any questions. Visit our Help Center for more information, or contact us to speak with someone from our team. 

Join us at Six Flags St. Louis for a season of thrills with Rookie Racer, our new family coaster open now, and THE JOKER: Carnival of Chaos, a new thrill ride opening this summer. We look forward to seeing you in the park soon. 

The Six Flags Team

Our membership goes up a buck per membership a month.  Still totally worth it for the parking, admission, and meal plan that we get.

Also says Joker CoC (hehe) will open this summer.  (probably not gonna happen on time)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

It looks like they're screens, not windows (unless they're really tinted). So probably to cut down on bees swarming the soda fountains if I had to guess.

Yeah, that makes total sense, you are probably right on the mark with that one. So.........a good move and in addition to bees it will cut down on flies and mosquitos. 

1 hour ago, JimH2K said:

Just an FYI from an email from SF about the legacy memberships if you still have one...

Our membership goes up a buck per membership a month.  Still totally worth it for the parking, admission, and meal plan that we get.

Also says Joker CoC (hehe) will open this summer.  (probably not gonna happen on time)

Hmmmm, I did not get the email. But we are the Diamond Elite VIP super high priority yada, yada whatever it's called at $24 a month so I'm not sure if we aren't being raised due to that tier doesn't seem to be mentioned or I am still just not getting the emails. I've been trying to update my email address for about 3 years now 🙄

At this point I am just waiting to see what, if anything, happens with passes due to the merger. I've held off renewing our CF passes because we don't have any near future trips planned at the moment and I know I can just renew those anytime and I'm not getting rid of the SF legacy memberships because of course then I won't get them back. 

^ I'd guess you're not getting the emails because you're a tier well above the minimum they want to charge. . so gonna leave y'all alone.

but see?  THIS is why I just buy a season pass.  pay once, and done with it.

yes, the parks do frustrating things - such as right now SFFT is offering buy a pass and get updated to Diamond (all parks) free. . after I paid almost $200 for it late last year. . but whatever, I paid what I thought was a deal, so not really mad about it.    

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ I'd guess you're not getting the emails because you're a tier well above the minimum they want to charge. . so gonna leave y'all alone.

but see?  THIS is why I just buy a season pass.  pay once, and done with it.

yes, the parks do frustrating things - such as right now SFFT is offering buy a pass and get updated to Diamond (all parks) free. . after I paid almost $200 for it late last year. . but whatever, I paid what I thought was a deal, so not really mad about it.    

On this particular issue I am pretty sure you are correct. But, I haven't gotten any of the update emails, or any communication for years now. For some reason despite many attempts to update my email I cannot get my old email off as the default and that was my school email and it is not operational anymore. I hang on to the memberships because they really are a good deal for what you get, at least for us.

I read Darien Lake Predator is getting more Titan Track to smooth things out along its circuit.   Why, oh why is the Boss not getting this treatment!!!???  I mean, come on, the Boss sucks.  Fix it or tear the thing down already.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveStL said:

I read Darien Lake Predator is getting more Titan Track to smooth things out along its circuit.   Why, oh why is the Boss not getting this treatment!!!???  I mean, come on, the Boss sucks.  Fix it or tear the thing down already.

I'd much rather they order Gravity Group precut if they're going to be doing something like that. 

• Like 1

Tear it down and risk losing our Coaster Capital of Missouri status? We'll be right back here:

Six Flags St. Louis

Six Flags St. Louis is the Coaster Capital of Missouri with 9 heart-pounding roller coasters including 3 wooden and 6 steel, and combined they feature over 22,720 feet of roller coaster track.

I hope you don't work in marketing, Steve. You're trying to send us right into the Stone Age by dipping us back into the single digits. Get out.

• Haha 2