TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So with the topic of park presidents and social media.

To my understanding at one point the park did have a social media manager, but it looks as though they left sometime in the 2022 season. I believe the social media accounts are run by park public relations director, Elizabeth Gotway, who is on the older end and has had much going on lately. Which could explain the lack in off season posts.

On the topic of park presidents,Our current park president, Daniel “Danny” Snider, was there during the Dave Romer period, and is passionate about our park. I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly at the opening of rookie racer, and I touched on the topic of Holiday in the park, which he wasn’t too keen on talking on, but when asking whether they got rid of the decorations, he said that they lended some to Give Kids The World last year, for their christmas event, and it’s currently in Six Flags storage somewhere, but not at our park. But he confirmed that most of it is still in storage at our park, and to never say never. I think he is going to be a good fit for our park. 

1 hour ago, Stlouisguy said:

So with the topic of park presidents and social media.

To my understanding at one point the park did have a social media manager, but it looks as though they left sometime in the 2022 season. I believe the social media accounts are run by park public relations director, Elizabeth Gotway, who is on the older end and has had much going on lately. Which could explain the lack in off season posts.

On the topic of park presidents,Our current park president, Daniel “Danny” Snider, was there during the Dave Romer period, and is passionate about our park. I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly at the opening of rookie racer, and I touched on the topic of Holiday in the park, which he wasn’t too keen on talking on, but when asking whether they got rid of the decorations, he said that they lended some to Give Kids The World last year, for their christmas event, and it’s currently in Six Flags storage somewhere, but not at our park. But he confirmed that most of it is still in storage at our park, and to never say never. I think he is going to be a good fit for our park. 

So, I assume he is a new park president for STL? When did he start? Just curious because it is my understanding that last season we shared a president with SFGAm. I know it started out that way, did that get corrected at some point during the season?

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

So, I assume he is a new park president for STL? When did he start? Just curious because it is my understanding that last season we shared a president with SFGAm. I know it started out that way, did that get corrected at some point during the season?

He got the job at some point last season, he has been working at six flags for a while, and he got the role. But we did start off sharing the same president, but I’m glad we have one of our own

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, I happened to drive by the park last Friday. Had to go west on the outer road and up Allenton right past the employee entrance. There is a new sign directing people to the right for guest entry and the left for various things like employee parking, human resources, etc. I think there was new signage going toward the tollbooths too, probably directing people to the proper lanes for pre-paid versus not parking as they switch over to automated parking entry. I also think I saw something new in the parking lot up in/near the preferred parking that MIGHT have been some new EV chargers, but to be fair I only got a quick glance before the berm hid it and I was driving so couldn't get a good look. 

Also, while I certainly don't haunt FB, I have noticed that there have been some regular posts trying to get engage people. Things like list your favorite ride or where was your favorite place to eat or who remembers what was in Batman's location before it was Batman; that sort of thing. I do wish they would post some things about what they do during the off season so the GP understands a little better how much maintenance must be done, but at least its not just crickets or 50 posts about passes.

Small things but at least something is happening that is new.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 10:39 PM, teacherkim said:

I do wish they would post some things about what they do during the off season so the GP understands a little better how much maintenance must be done,.

Most people don't care about this stuff. Neither do I. You're going to dilute what entertains people. which is something to look forward to outside of cutting the grass, getting new handles on the shitters, and long overdue general maintenance.

It looks desperate when you have to explain to people how hard it is to maintain a business. It's propaganda to lower the customer's expectations. Imagine the slogan change from, "McDonalds; I'm lovin it." to "McDonald's; we're working our asses off, so you shouldn't complain."

Caring about general maintenance and upkeep is something enthusiasts enjoy. Planters, paint, and things that used to look like shit not looking like shit anymore improve the general atmosphere as a whole, but most people aren't going to notice or care about the details.

You're pulling weeds and painting. You fixed broken toilets. Look, new benches. Good for you.

• Like 1

For the record two of the best-run seasonal parks in the country with the highest guest satisfaction numbers routinely post updates on what is going on around the parks during the off season.

If those kinds of updates diluted the product or signaled desperation they wouldn't be the best. Now maybe those updates don't contribute directly to their quality and their goodwill at all and maybe they'd be even better without them, or maybe they're a huge part of WHY they're so good. Truth rarely lies in the extremes.

Some people like behind the scenes content. Others don't. Behind the scenes stuff very rarely ends up being a negative and has nothing at all to do with lowering expectations 🙅‍♂️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

For the record two of the best-run seasonal parks in the country with the highest guest satisfaction numbers routinely post updates on what is going on around the parks during the off season.

If those kinds of updates diluted the product or signaled desperation they wouldn't be the best. Now maybe those updates don't contribute directly to their quality and their goodwill at all and maybe they'd be even better without them, or maybe they're a huge part of WHY they're so good. Truth rarely lies in the extremes.

Some people like behind the scenes content. Others don't. Behind the scenes stuff very rarely ends up being a negative and has nothing at all to do with lowering expectations 🙅‍♂️

Personally, I like seeing park updates. I think Six Flags Fiesta Texas does an outstanding job of keeping the public up-to-date. To me it shows the Park cares about it's customers. 

• Like 2

It may have been my misinterpretation, but I don't think that was the context. I interpreted it not as, "look what we have done" but rather, "this is why we can't do more."

But again, the majority of people won't care about seeing new paint brushes and toilets. Most of the routine maintenance SFSTL has been doing over the years hasn't been post worthy. I would scroll right on past to continue trolling Subaru group members who put massive wings on their WRX's. God, I love doing that.

22 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

This! 100%

14 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Personally, I like seeing park updates. I think Six Flags Fiesta Texas does an outstanding job of keeping the public up-to-date. To me it shows the Park cares about it's customers. 

Exactly, communication is never a bad thing.

4 hours ago, prozach626 said:

It may have been my misinterpretation, but I don't think that was the context. I interpreted it not as, "look what we have done" but rather, "this is why we can't do more."

But again, the majority of people won't care about seeing new paint brushes and toilets. Most of the routine maintenance SFSTL has been doing over the years hasn't been post worthy. I would scroll right on past to continue trolling Subaru group members who put massive wings on their WRX's. God, I love doing that.

My experience has been that when you communicate fully with people and are open about what is happening they tend to have a better outlook and it totally shuts down rumors, which are almost always wrong. What you might think is not post worthy is YOUR opinion. If you aren't interested that's fine, don't spend time reading about it, but there is no harm and many may like it. As pointed out  one of the best loved parks in the country made information like that public,  the President posted a "to do" list at the start of the year with regular updates as to where on the list they were. Many things on that list were mundane items like new benches or the start of a new show or some regular maintenance, a few were bigger. People loved it! Tons of interest. I think even the GP wants to know some sort of care is going on and it helps dispel the idea that the park is just a ghost town with tumbleweeds and a closed sign during the off season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

I just took a moment to appreciate the fact that no one I socialize with would care about new benches or routine maintenance at Six Flags.

And yet you come on here and socialize all the time with people who do actually care about those things. 🤨

• Like 3

I'm with @prozach626, I don't care much about "the park doing it's job", with respect to handles and new roofing on a queue line.  

To the point made about Fiesta posting things like that and behind the scenes type stuff: I would eat that UP if my park was consistently adding rides and rollercoasters!  When a park genuinely cares about the guest experience and shows it based on re-investment in the park, you're going to have more acceptance to the small behind the scenes stuff.  When we're sprinkled with a flat ride and "infrastructure improvements" (total BS imo) for a number of consecutive years, it's tough to feel "connected" to the park or feel they're really wanting to bring us along for the ride with offseason stuff.  We literally don't have momentum or excitement, so why invest in time on their socials or feel thankful they're doing that?  I'm not trying to be negative, just being real about my opinions - and those of fam/friends I interact with about SFSTL.

Yes, I understand it has to do with corporate, capital investment and so on....but that's part of the problem too.  WoF, SDC and Holiday World are LAPPING the field in the MO region for park-goers and enthusiasts.  I have no idea why we're not thrown a bone of a Boss RMC, or even a Raptor or ANYTHING - while surrounding parks continue to improve and move forward.  But that's beating a dead horse.  Happy Friday!

2 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

I'm with @prozach626, I don't care much about "the park doing it's job", with respect to handles and new roofing on a queue line.  

To the point made about Fiesta posting things like that and behind the scenes type stuff: I would eat that UP if my park was consistently adding rides and rollercoasters!  When a park genuinely cares about the guest experience and shows it based on re-investment in the park, you're going to have more acceptance to the small behind the scenes stuff.  When we're sprinkled with a flat ride and "infrastructure improvements" (total BS imo) for a number of consecutive years, it's tough to feel "connected" to the park or feel they're really wanting to bring us along for the ride with offseason stuff.  We literally don't have momentum or excitement, so why invest in time on their socials or feel thankful they're doing that?  I'm not trying to be negative, just being real about my opinions - and those of fam/friends I interact with about SFSTL.

Yes, I understand it has to do with corporate, capital investment and so on....but that's part of the problem too.  WoF, SDC and Holiday World are LAPPING the field in the MO region for park-goers and enthusiasts.  I have no idea why we're not thrown a bone of a Boss RMC, or even a Raptor or ANYTHING - while surrounding parks continue to improve and move forward.  But that's beating a dead horse.  Happy Friday!

I'm not sure I'd say WoF and Holiday World are lapping SFStL in rides.

SFStL has received significantly more new capital than both parks over nearly the last decade. And while all three have received a new coaster in 2023/2024 they're all family coasters. Beyond that SFStL has received a new flat or waterslide every other year that isn't 2020.  HW hadn't gotten a coaster since 2015, SFStL since 2013 and WoF since 2009.

Yes, both WoF and HW are better-run parks in other ways. But I'm sorry you're just plain wrong on the capital investment category.

PS: It also isn't BS that the park has received infrastructure improvements. It ABSOLUTELY has in several key areas for quite a few seasons. You can't claim to want the park to do certain things, but then hand-wring away the things they've actually done to address the things you say you wanted.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Someone that works at Six Flags that manages the facebook page must be a fan here. Every Friday they we start to share what goes on during the off season. 

Let’s just say someone know a guy who knows a guy 😉 

• Like 1

A friend of mine tipped me off about this page a while ago, so I think it’s time to break my silence and just to let you know Six Flags DOES take your feedback!

We have many things planned for this season that I’d love to talk about! At least what I’m permitted to 😉

I am willing to answer any questions to the best of my ability, So ask away!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My God! All this vitriol is ridiculous. I simply said that I thought it was nice that they seemed to be engaging a bit better on FB. If you aren't interested, FINE, don't spend anytime reading it. Again as previously stated there is no negative to this. The people that want to know will be happy, the people that don't care can choose to ignore. Geeez 🙄

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sixflagsstl said:

A friend of mine tipped me off about this page a while ago, so I think it’s time to break my silence and just to let you know Six Flags DOES take your feedback!

We have many things planned for this season that I’d love to talk about! At least what I’m permitted to 😉

I am willing to answer any questions to the best of my ability, So ask away!

Awesome! Personally, I love the idea of the Friday updates and it looks like you have gotten a mostly positive response on FB. I would encourage the park to be as transparent as possible (I get there are some things you may not be able to talk about) on the status of things. People are mostly understanding if they are just filled in on the why's and what's, like what is honestly happening with the carousel..........and explain new procedures that are in place, thinking mostly the new parking toll booth procedures. 

And don't let the haters bother you 😉 In the end this particular park thread has a lot of traffic when compared to some others on here and that tells you something about how much people want the park to succeed in the end

• Like 4

1 hour ago, teacherkim said:

Awesome! Personally, I love the idea of the Friday updates and it looks like you have gotten a mostly positive response on FB. I would encourage the park to be as transparent as possible (I get there are some things you may not be able to talk about) on the status of things. People are mostly understanding if they are just filled in on the why's and what's, like what is honestly happening with the carousel..........and explain new procedures that are in place, thinking mostly the new parking toll booth procedures. 

And don't let the haters bother you 😉 In the end this particular park thread has a lot of traffic when compared to some others on here and that tells you something about how much people want the park to succeed in the end

Thanks! And of course we will likely share more details closer to opening day, which is March 29th!  … I will say currently projects are kinda slow because of the cold, so it’s pretty hard to paint or build. 

And for those who are interested about the carousel, we are on track to be open this summer, we are thinking hopefully by Memorial Day weekend. But it likely won’t be ready in time for park opening. Trust us… we want it to open just as much as you guys do 😅 But I will say from what I’ve seen it looks great! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teacherkim said:

My God! All this vitriol is ridiculous. I simply said that I thought it was nice that they seemed to be engaging a bit better on FB. If you aren't interested, FINE, don't spend anytime reading it. Again as previously stated there is no negative to this. The people that want to know will be happy, the people that don't care can choose to ignore. Geeez 🙄

Absolutely positively.  As you should know by now, some on this forum have nothing better to do but be negative.  While it is true no one visits a park to see a new entry plaza or retaining wall, it is nice to see the improvements that make the park look better!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Good to hear it will be open, because I'm tired of people making jokes about the reasonable delay. I'll miss Kim and I fiercely defending it.

Seriously? Don't be douchey troll.