TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So I was at the St. Louis Cardinals game today and it was Six Flags day at the park. There were people there to promote Fright Fest, including the marketing director and some the zombie actors. I thought that the massive screw up of Six Flags marketing was limited to the corporate level. Oh I was so wrong. The girl the Cardinals had promoting Fright Fest on the jumbotron was calling it Scare Fest and said it was starting in November. The Marketing Director/PR guy was there and I'm sorry, but if someone is going to be speaking in front of 44,000 plus people about my park, I might make sure they know what they're talking about. Ohh but this wasn't this guys only screw up. They were interviewing him and he screwed up the Fright Fest motto. Instead of saying Thrills by day and Fright by night, he said Fright by Day and Thrills by Night. 44,000 plus people. So they're supposed show up in November for Scare Fest and expect to do all the haunted attractions during the day and ride the rides at night. Good job Six Flags (and this is as a chain), you screwed up again.

Went today too. Mr Freeze only had one cart, then when the ride was over, we had to wait 5 or so minutes because the ride was messing up. A lot better than last week, with the only lines being Freeze, Boss, Screaming Eagle, and Boomerang. Ninja and Batman had really short waits.

To anyone that gets season passes for the next season at the park, do they charge any additional fees like they do online?

So today is Scoobys last day. Anybody there?

Anybody do the Scooby-Doo-last-day-event after the park closed yesterday? There was a drawing for 25 slots or you could pay a $20 upcharge. Just curious how many times people got to ride, what the food and drinks were, etc.

I got to ride Scooby Doo Saturday night after the park closed as part of daredevil daze. One of the times we got to ride they turned on all of the lights. It was neat to see everything. But this new ride is going to be awesome...

That would be cool to see. The only time I got to see an indoor ride with the lights on was getting stuck once on Space Mountain at WDW. We sat there for almost ten minutes with the lights on before they got it going again. It was pretty cool to see everything you can't see in the dark.

Fright Fest website is live. Voided Vision is just Total Darkness with a new name, probably to trick people into believing it isn't the crappy maze that they went through last year. Maybe there will be something new in it but I'm not holding my breath.

Fright Fest website is live. Voided Vision is just Total Darkness with a new name, probably to trick people into believing it isn't the crappy maze that they went through last year. Maybe there will be something new in it but I'm not holding my breath.

Total Darkness was without a doubt the biggest let down. I came out thinking I missed something. There weren't any scareactors that jumped out or messed with us as we made our way through it. In fact, I went and asked two different ops if there was supposed to be Something, Anything to which they politely said, "nope". Here's hoping Voided Vision is better this year.

Total Darkness was without a doubt the biggest let down. I came out thinking I missed something. There weren't any scareactors that jumped out or messed with us as we made our way through it. In fact, I went and asked two different ops if there was supposed to be Something, Anything to which they politely said, "nope". Here's hoping Voided Vision is better this year.

I think there were supposed to be people that screamed at you as you passed but my group either missed them or they were just being lazy. The guy in the morph suit at the end was returning from scaring the last group when we got to the end so we missed out on that scare as well.

I think there were supposed to be people that screamed at you as you passed but my group either missed them or they were just being lazy. The guy in the morph suit at the end was returning from scaring the last group when we got to the end so we missed out on that scare as well.

I thought so too because I saw them for the Freaks Unleashed, but didn't encounter them once inside the maze. I didn't bother wasting my time by going back through it later on.

I did think it was quite clever how they had that incredibly bright light shining in your face throughout the queue line then shined a flashlight into your eyes before they let you in. Nothing like making sure you wouldn't have any natural night vision when you first got in.

The slasher pass $20-30, but after reading about the haunted houses, riding roller coasters in the dark sounds better.

The haunted houses are actually pretty decent. The only let down was Total Darkness last year. In my opinion the price is good if you have a season pass, but if you don't the $70 it'll cost you to get it and then pay for the houses is too much.

Of course riding coasters in the dark is a fun part of Fright Fest, but the houses aren't too bad. If I would have to rate the houses of last year, I would say Blind Fury was the best then Insanity Alley followed by the Slaughterhouse and finally, Total Darkness.

Of course riding coasters in the dark is a fun part of Fright Fest, but the houses aren't too bad. If I would have to rate the houses of last year, I would say Blind Fury was the best then Insanity Alley followed by the Slaughterhouse and finally, Total Darkness.

I'm one of the few who prefer the Slaughterhouse. The sets may not be as good as the other houses, but a few of the effects are a lot of fun, there seemed to be more scare actors than the others, and it was a lot longer than the others.

When I went to Insanity Alley, it was just my dad and I because the rest of our group was ridiculously slow and way behind us. The scare actors got very close to us and one followed me for pretty much the entire length of the maze. It was a bit creepy but a lot of fun too.

Blind Fury is fun and some of the sets are very elaborate, but it was definitely the least creepiest of the three, at least to me.

Total Darkness is/was terrible. Hopefully Voided Vision is an improvement.

I'm one of the few who prefer the Slaughterhouse. The sets may not be as good as the other houses, but a few of the effects are a lot of fun, there seemed to be more scare actors than the others, and it was a lot longer than the others.

When I went to Insanity Alley, it was just my dad and I because the rest of our group was ridiculously slow and way behind us. The scare actors got very close to us and one followed me for pretty much the entire length of the maze. It was a bit creepy but a lot of fun too.

Blind Fury is fun and some of the sets are very elaborate, but it was definitely the least creepiest of the three, at least to me.

Total Darkness is/was terrible. Hopefully Voided Vision is an improvement.

You have a great point. As far as scareactors, Slaughterhouse probably had the most including those in the cornfield. It also has a couple nice sets. The "welcome to the jungle" room (I call it that because of the song that was playing) and the "cage" were cool. The "vortex tunnel" of Blind Fury was cool and really messed with my head no matter how much I tried not to let it.