TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Tip When Buying a New Mobile Phone

PhishyBrewer

So I got my Nextel bill yesterday. And let me tell you, I almost went into shock. My bill for the month of October was $631.61 Reason being I was charged $516.92 for data service. A service that wasn’t added when I purchased my new Windows Mobile Phone.

Everything is squared away now. I just want to make this little public service announcement. Check to see what services you have before you use them.

Oh… and unlimited data service is $10 per month.

IMGP2315.jpg.18e32b7b4c2515d3fcc9e99e2802602c.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

I think they got really messed up with the merge! My first 'yellow' bill was for $300!!!

They had taken off our "PCS to PCS" Option! And being that all of my family, Robb, and select coaster friends are on Sprint our bill is normally $80!

We called to straighten it out and they claimed we never even had it! It was pretty amusing!

Good PSA Wally! Always check your bills!

When I got my Black Razor phone back in July I didn't know Cingular charged you for using internet on your phone. I'm on a family plan and I have free Cingular to Cingular calling. I was using the internet at the normal rate the bill was $150 more than it usely is. After I saw the bill I went to Cingular and got the unlimited internet plan for only $10 a month.

Does anyone know if Cingular to Cingular is free in England?

Wow, I really feel lucky! I pay $55.81 for....

UNLIMITED calling to ANYONE in the USA!

Unlimited texting.

Unlimited Multimedia messaging/email.

Unlimited paging.

Custom Voicemail.

and all those other 3-way/callwaiting thingees.

Don't get me started bragging about my phone again. I love the thing!

I had a similar thing happen to me too. I called Cingular to straighten the "Data and 3rd party vendor" thing and talked to a real nice lady. She told me that this happened to her daughter and how it happened was from downloading ringtones. :shock: She went on to say that if you download a ringtone and don't unclick a box, then you have subscribed to their messaging service. Her daughter received 60 messages from them in 15 minutes! I don't download ringtones, but just thought I would throw that out there to everyone else.

I'm concerned that your previous months bill was 215.00!

Youch.

Another tip....make sure you ask for your employers discount. They aren't usually advertised. Sprint gives me 11% off all services for working where I work.

d

I'm concerned that your previous months bill was 215.00!

Youch.

Another tip....make sure you ask for your employers discount. They aren't usually advertised. Sprint gives me 11% off all services for working where I work.

d

My betterhalf gets a good discount, like 20%ish off of contract service from Cingular cause she works for VW of NA.

• 15 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...