TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I watched the Youtube video of that guy screaming. Is it normal for the chairs to twist like that? Seems like an extra added thrill. Is that because of windy conditions?

Yes, they swayed like that when I rode. There's always going to be wind gusts that high up, especially in north Texas. For what it's worth, Texas Skyscreamer has recieved coverage in major news publications all across the globe. Most of which include the video of that guy screaming. Just Google "world's tallest swing ride". No kidding! The BBC even has coverage.

The 230' one at the Galeston Pleasure Pier twists like that all the time because of the sea breeze. It adds to the fun. But 400' up, well that has to be a different story. I can't wait to ride this one and compare the two to eachother. I think this was the PERFECT attraction to replace the Chute Out. It's similar in a way, but more modern and up to date.

Unless they just put that up within the last few weeks, pretty much. People have been storing in there for as long as I can remember with signage in the picnic areas pointing you to that area for storage. Of course it's at your own risk.

Unless they just put that up within the last few weeks, pretty much. People have been storing in there for as long as I can remember with signage in the picnic areas pointing you to that area for storage. Of course it's at your own risk.

I checked it out again today. One side says do not enter the other says that if no one is there call on the courtesy phone and someone will come open the door.'

After 2 separate attempts and failures over Memorial Day weekend, I finally got to ride SkyScreamer today. Line was fairly backed up but made it through in an hour. The height really didn't bother me any so it for me it was a peaceful (albeit windy) ride. Of course people around me were freaking out, especially due to the chairs twisting 90 or more degrees. Playing "Come Fly with Me" over the speakers during the ride was a fun touch. I'll have pictures up on my site later today or tomorrow.

After 2 separate attempts and failures over Memorial Day weekend, I finally got to ride SkyScreamer today. Line was fairly backed up but made it through in an hour. The height really didn't bother me any so it for me it was a peaceful (albeit windy) ride. Of course people around me were freaking out, especially due to the chairs twisting 90 or more degrees. Playing "Come Fly with Me" over the speakers during the ride was a fun touch. I'll have pictures up on my site later today or tomorrow.

Is Shock Wave still closed?

Went to the park today and finally got to ride Sky Screamers.

Those winds are terrifying! The thoughts that ran through my head while you up there. Once you get past the fear of the winds its actually rather relaxing.

The park had a nice crowd for a Monday, but eh lines where fair. NTAG line was approx 20-30 mins at most. Titan was practiacally walk on.

SkyScreamer was approx 40 mins.

The weather was nice and the park looked great as usual and the staff was did great all around.

Those winds are terrifying! The thoughts that ran through my head while you up there. Once you get past the fear of the winds its actually rather relaxing.

The park had a nice crowd for a Monday, but eh lines where fair. NTAG line was approx 20-30 mins at most. Titan was practiacally walk on.

The weather was nice and the park looked great as usual and the staff was did great all around.

Nice! Do you coaster addicts normally head to the park alone? Feels strange, but oh so fun!! LOL

Nice! Do you coaster addicts normally head to the park alone? Feels strange, but oh so fun!! LOL

Funny you asked cause usually I don't head to the park alone however, I have no problem going to an amusement park alone. I work in office that is less than a mile away from SFoT and well my apt when you look out my bedroom window you see Titan, Shockwave, and Superman which is too much temptation for a enthusiast. It was never premeditated for me to live and work so close to the park but It just happen to be where I ended up. Living so close to the park in a tourist spot feels like the park really is your backyard, so its super convienant when you have a season pass to just walk or drive to the park. So going along isn't an issue. But on busy days its not cool, especially waiting in line.

So the best way to answer that is yes on weekdays and slow days. No on Saturdays on busy days. In fact thinking right now since Im off so I want to go hop on a ride.

Just got back from the park. Great weather, Skyscreamer was running all day. I rode TSS 5 times today, this allowed me to sample a couple of different ride modes. The first 2 rides I took seemed to be in observation mode as the carriage seemed to slow down once we reached the top. This alowed for some impressive views of the D/FW area. The last 3 rides, however, were a different story altogether. The carriage actually sped up as we neared the top. This made for a more intense ride, but it also caused my chair to swing back and forth rather violently. At times the swaying was so extreme that my feet were actually pointed up. This scared the crap outta the guy sitting next to me. I had to keep reminding him that the chains weren't going to break and that we would be ok. Sightseeing tends to be more difficult in this mode as you often seem be facing straight up, or straight down. At any rate, this mode seemed to freak more people out than the observation mode.

IMG187.thumb.jpg.437816dfcab793b85a12063e7618b97e.jpg

Texas Skyscreamer thilling yet another group of riders.

^Yeah, I kept pointing that out to the various riders I sat next to. The area looks ripe for expansion. What we'll have to do is keep an eye out for any demolition and/or clearing of the area. If this happens, it's a fair bet that expansion is coming.

Is Shock Wave still closed?

Only answer if you've been to the park. Don't mention the site!

Yes, not sure when its gonna open. i wonder whats wrong with it, Its a shame its not running cause its New Paint Job looks great.