TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RMC launches

So, we all know how much fun lightning rod is (if it’s open and we’re able to ride it), but I’m curious if the reason we haven’t seen more of these launched RMC’s because Dollywood has had so much issue with them. Like, I would’ve loved to see a launched iron gwazi (without the crocodile ‘cause it makes no sense), and it would have been an incredible coaster at Busch gardens Tampa. It seems that Busch gardens just wanted to copy steel vengeance and make it five feet higher for safe and good reviews. Nothing wrong with that, but if they really wanted to grab the attention of us coaster guys and girls, they could’ve built a working launched RMC coaster that focuses on a good layout, rather than just wanting to drop our stomachs and then keep the ride fast paced with minimal inversions. Maybe it’s not possible with the issues that Dollywood has. Thought??

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um. . . .

how can you judge Iron Gwazi as a "copy steel vengeance and make it five feet higher for safe and good reviews" until, you know, it's actually opened and people have ridden it?

how is THREE inversions "minimal" ?? Most coasters don't even have 1.

This is just a weird pre-jugement, and reminds me of how many folks complained that Hakugei looked "slow" and "boring". . . well, I actually RODE IT in October, and it shot to the top of my best coasters list. (and it has. . guess what. . 3 inversions).

but yes, I'd like to see more coasters with a launch like Lightning Rod.

Why does it have minimal inversions? Because it’s not the 1990s when coasters that went upside-down were nothing more than a string of inversion after inversion followed by a midcourse brake run... inversion, inversion, done. And that god that trend ended.

Maybe it’s not possible with the issues that Dollywood has

I think you nailed it.

And saying Iron Gwazi is anything like Steel Vengeance or even Zadra or Hakugei is, in my opinion, a terrible assumption to make. From the looks of it, Iron Gwazi has a lot less of a focus on airtime and more of a focus on speed and quick transitions. Also, both Iron Gwazi and Zadra are significantly shorter rides than Steel Vengeance. While I have no doubt that they deliver the crazy insane RMC ejector airtime at moments, they're clearly not going for the "most airtime" record like Steel Vengeance did. Personally I think Iron Gwazi looks sigificantly different than any RMC we've seen so far, with big swooping turns and many more low-to-the-ground fast sections.

^ I only brought up Hakugei as an example of a pre-judgement.

the two are nothing alike in terms of design. . tho I wouldn't mind at all if more coasters got that overbank ourwards wave turn Hakugei has.. that thing is amazing.

^ I only brought up Hakugei as an example of a pre-judgement.

the two are nothing alike in terms of design. . tho I wouldn't mind at all if more coasters got that overbank ourwards wave turn Hakugei has.. that thing is amazing.

At 180 feet I consider Hakugei close enough to be in the "mega-RMC" category with Steel Vengeance, Zadra, and Iron Gwazi. My point was that they all look like very different rides (I've only ridden Steel Vengeance so I can't say for sure), so comparing them is useless.

And iirc Iron Gwazi has a really sick looking outward bank turn.

So what I'm getting here is that jschmitty is upset Gwazi doesn't have a launch, custom-enough-layout, and has a dislike for crocodiles. Coaster nerds make up a small part of the revenue. Our opinions mean next to nothing.

Was this supposed to be your attempt at a coaster meme review?

giphy.gif

I’m curious if the reason we haven’t seen more of these launched RMC’s because Dollywood has had so much issue with them.

Maybe it’s not possible with the issues that Dollywood has. Thought??

So you answered your own question.

Thought??

Bad thread aside, I'm not sure which qualifies as more annoying enthusiast'ish behavior; being bashing a ride layout before it's constructed, or bashing someone's opposing opinion of a ride layout. hmmmmmmm...

Coaster nerds make up a small part of the revenue. Our opinions mean next to nothing.

^Thissssssssssss