TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Desperado Roller Coaster Stunt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is just bogus ya'll ... I mean, there is no way to stop something like the train should it go wrong -- IMO, it just makes no sense to try something like that -- well, unless you are like Chris Angel or something, and Lancie-Boy here sure ain't at that level of insane magic!

BTW -- I saw this one live on TV ... wasn't convinced then either!

Yeah, I guess that could be a posibility man ... I guess that would make more sense since although they had one shot on him - the clock could have been started whenever as could holding the train since we could not see it running the whole time. However, with a camera mounted steady -- any amount of shots/takes could have been done to ensure it "looked" like one continuous shot.

Yeah, it looks totally staged. If the ridiculous number of cuts didn't give it away, it was the fact that it went over the LONE lift hill... twice. The only thing I could imagine was that he unlocked himself in a separate sequence w/o the train running, then jumped off in another sequence just before the train came by (relying on his own dexterity not to get himself killed). Or they just plain did it with green screen.

Or if they did have the coaster running as he tried to escape, they had it so that the mid course brakes would stop it if he was behind schedule, but that's pretty risky as well, so I vote for the green screen/two shot theory.