TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I pick Kong by a longshot, but I'm probably the only one who would. Rough rides don't bother me and I'm a sucker for corkscrews. I'd rank em all: Medusa, SUF, V2, Kong, Boomerang, Roar

I'm also the one guy (Yep, it's me, I'm that one guy) who loved Deja Vu at SFMM. Deja Vu >>> Boomerang in my opinion.

As for Medusa vs. Superman: I also think that I am on a Superman high, but I will ultimately feel that Medusa is better. Superman is easily the second best coaster in the park.

As for Boomerang vs. Kong: I like Boomerang better, but I usually only ride both coasters if the lines are short.

I'm looking forward to seeing what SFDK will get in 2013. It will be interesting to see if CGA's new coaster has any effect on what they end up announcing.

I pick Kong by a longshot, but I'm probably the only one who would. Rough rides don't bother me and I'm a sucker for corkscrews. I'd rank em all: Medusa, SUF, V2, Kong, Boomerang, Roar

I'm also the one guy (Yep, it's me, I'm that one guy) who loved Deja Vu at SFMM. Deja Vu >>> Boomerang in my opinion.

I agree. I'll ride Kong about once every other time I go to SFDK.... have not ridden Boomerang in years. After riding Invertigo and Deja Vu, I had no urge to ride Boomerang. I loved Deja Vu!

As of now, S:UF is my favorite over Medusa... but Medusa still holds a special place in my heart...She was my first. Just if someone said, "Hey, you only have time to ride Superman or Medusa, which do you want?" Currently I'd go for Superman.

EDIT:

I agree with what R.C. said:

As for Medusa vs. Superman: I also think that I am on a Superman high, but I will ultimately feel that Medusa is better. Superman is easily the second best coaster in the park.

I really want SFDK to get a new coaster next year, although it will probably wont happen... Because they just got superman. It sucks that there is a 150 ft limit for all of their rides. But if i got to chose what ride they got, i would want a 150ft dive coaster, or a maverick-type ride.

^I like the Dive Machine idea something like Krake would be nice imo, or a megalite type of coaster, wonder how far can they tunnel down maybe have a 25 to 50 foot underground tunnel could work since they have the 150 foot ceiling.

SFDK probably has a high water table due to the close proximity to Lake Chabot, so I doubt they could do a tunnel that deep.

Honestly I think SFDK is in need of another family coaster. Currently, the only coaster I'd consider a "family coaster" is Cobra. Since the park is definitely more of a family park than a thrill park, I think the next coaster they'd get would be something "family friendly."

I honestly have no clue what they are getting, and I doubt it will be another coaster. However, the park has been known to get coasters in rapid succession before... 1998 Kong and Boomerang, 1999 Roar and Roadrunner Express, 2000 Medusa and Cobra, 2001 V2, 2002 V2 again, 2003 Zonga. Six Flags knows what a success that park can be when it gets back to back thrill rides so who knows what they will do. Maybe we'll get something relocated.

I would bet money that the next coaster this park builds will be a family coaster, particularly toward back of the park. Now that Pandemonium is gone, there is no longer anything to bridge the gap between Cobra and any of the major coasters. Right now, they have the "post BBW, pre-Verbolten BGW" syndrome, where they had kiddie and major coasters, and not much in between. Verbolten bridged that gap beautifully, and I wish more parks had a Verbolten type ride. No, scratch that. EVERY park could use a Verbolten type ride, although SFDK is among the park that could use a ride like this the most. An animal theme on a launcher like that would work extremely well.

^ As much as I would like to see a well themed family thrill ride like Verbolten at SFDK, a SF park is one of the last places I could see one going into. Part of what seems to make Verbolten so great is that it got many things right, the location, the theming, the back story, etc. And Six Flags parks aren't to well know for things like that.