TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fraispertuis City (France) to build a Freefall for 2017

Fraispertuis City, home to Timber Drop the S&S El Loco, is going to open for 2017 Golden Driller, a 66m (216ft) tall Intamin free-fall tower with four different seating postions.

That makes it the tallest stand-up tilt free-fall in the world, going 10m taller than Apocalypse at Drayton Manor.

27739103990_c8d9044a32_o.jpg

27405721224_3e423fd6e9_k.jpg

27739103070_552aed4df2_z.jpg

All details (in english) over here: Golden Driller at Fraispertuis City in 2017

The soundtrack will be made by IMAscore!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraispertuis City, home to Timber Drop the S&S El Loco, is going to open for 2017 Golden Driller, a 66m (216ft) tall Intamin free-fall tower with four different seating postions.

That makes it the tallest stand-up tilt free-fall in the world, going 10m taller than Apocalypse at Drayton

I think Port Aventura will disagree with that statement.

Actually, Hurakan Condor has a floorless stand-up tilt gondola, but only Apocalypse at Drayton had a stand-up tilt gondola (with a floor) beforehand, so the statement is still true (sneaky, but true).

And from the reports I heard from the this gondola on Apocalypse, it's actually very different and even better than the floorless version, so this is a great news for Fraispertuis.

Yeah sure. But it's a nice addition nonetheless and I'm very happy! Fraispertuis is a small park, but they went with Intamin (this isn't the cheapest manufacturer - and when was the last time a Multi-drop 4 has been built?), 4 different gondolas including a very rare one, theming all the way and even a musical score. That's the kind of ride I want to see more often.

It will be interesting to see which queue will be the longest,

of the four different seat/standing sides, to choose from.

(If they do the queue that way.)

• 7 months later...

[uPDATE]

A recent construction video has come out from a French news station, and from the clips shown, it seems like they are close to completing the core tower structure. From then on, they'll just need to assemble the track.

It's starting to look great! I wonder how it'll change the park's skyline!

On a final note, they mention at the end of the video that the ride should be opening on the park's opening day, April 8th.