TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster doubts

^They are 100% wooden coasters! It's just that the track is manufactured and assembled in a different way. On traditional wooden coasters, the track is built onsite by adding layers of wood. On Intamin prefabs the track is manufactured offsite and is assembled in a fashion more similar to the way steel coasters are assembled. See below picture of what the Intamin prefab track looks like before assembly.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Is the smiler a racing coaster?

Think about it though, it is as dualing as twisted colossus, in the way the trains go through two parts and race each other each time.

smiler.jpg.bd96fcee7a26a5364529254d3ccefaf4.jpg

Look, they race! Sometimes the cars are even head to head on the airtime hill.

Is the smiler a racing coaster?

Think about it though, it is as dualing as twisted colossus, in the way the trains go through two parts and race each other each time.

I understand what you're trying to say since there are multiple cars on the track and they kind of "race" each other, but no I do not consider it to be one.

Even if you were to look at it that way, it's dueling, not racing. Yeah, TC is an exception to this rule, but typically, to be considered dueling or racing, a coaster would have trains that start simultaneously. I suppose you can consider it whatever you want, personally, but I would never consider Smiler to be a racing, or dueling coaster...

^ Threads courtesy of Henry M. Anyway, another thing I would like to know, which I cannot find on the internet, is why rollercoasters are made of wood instead of steel, or even visa versa. Surely making a coaster out of wood is way more limiting than steel (unless you are part of RMC).

^ Threads courtesy of Henry M. Anyway, another thing I would like to know, which I cannot find on the internet, is why rollercoasters are made of wood instead of steel, or even visa versa. Surely making a coaster out of wood is way more limiting than steel (unless you are part of RMC).

I'm just going to quote this post so I can have it forever and ever. And on that note I'm leaving. Have fun with this wonderful thread.