TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

umm, you need a good PC to play any new games coming out right now. You cant just change the game engine so that you can play the game on max graphics with a 5 year old PC.

I agree. This is my biggest problem with RCT3. Its a great game buy my 4 years old pc can't handle it easily. It's like putting an old man into cycling lesson...

They should make an effort to creat a game that will be suitable for 5 years old pcs.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make an effort to creat a game that will be suitable for 5 years old pcs.

No they shouldnt. Nobody wants to buy a new game that looks 5 years old. (except people who cant spend 50 bucks to get a better video card).

Why are you so snappy and rude? What's your problem?

People, people, people... even the creators of the game say the lag is not needed. I find the graphics restrictions acceptable, but the creators themselves said the game's lag is inexcusable.

No they shouldnt. Nobody wants to buy a new game that looks 5 years old. (except people who cant spend 50 bucks to get a better video card).

Why are you so snappy and rude? What's your problem?

People, people, people... even the creators of the game say the lag is not needed. I find the graphics restrictions acceptable, but the creators themselves said the game's lag is inexcusable.

I sympathize with you a little bit, since before I got this computer about 4-5 years ago I was still using a 486 with I think Windows 95 and trying to find good games for that.

He is right, though; being behind the latest technology in graphics has caused many games to get panned by game reviewers. That and there are a lot of gamers who feel that good graphics is more important than a fun game. I'm not one of them; but at the same time, I think that new games should take advantage of the great graphics cards I've gotten in my desktop and my new laptop.

Although, with a new version of Windows coming within the next several months, that will probably raise the minimum specs for future games higher. My desktop's barely Vista Capable, so I may have to upgrade that computer just to run the new operating system, much less any games. A little more than 5 years ago is just before Windows XP came out, and in several months that will be two whole generations of Windows ago... much like expecting to buy games written for Windows 2000 (maybe Windows 98) today. I think most games that are more than about 2 years old usually end up at the discount racks at computer stores anyway, not on the prominent displays. And Atari probably wants their games to be as visible as they can be to customers, so bringing the graphics up to date for RCT4 is pretty much a necessity for them to keep up with their industry. They have to be able to get, and keep, their customers' attention with a theme park game when all most of the gamers ever play is World of Warcraft, EverQuest, shooter games, and The Sims 2.

Please don't get me wrong.

I do want a good graphics game, but the thing is many new games use the very latest pc technology which means that even 2 years old pc's may have some problems.

The thing is that they shouldnt use the newest technology to create the best game as even 3 years old technolgy can make good thrilling games.

Yes, the lag is pretty nasty especially in large parks. You can expect that though; the graphics card has a lot more work to do as you start putting more scenery in your parks. Still, there has to be some way for them to improve the lag, especially in Coaster Cam, without sacrificing graphical quality.

I think they only do deals with one park chain per game. In RCT3 I recall the only had Hersheypark stuff, and they had some kind of contest to design a coaster for Hersheypark. A kid won a college scholarship from it. They probably get the advertising from parks because they're willing to do exclusive licenses for advertising like that. Although I do hope they do Cedar Fair next time around. Between the parks that were Cedar Fair's before and the Paramount Parks they picked up this year, there's a nicer diversity of rides and theming that they could give us.

I'd love to see a complete recreation by Atari of my home park, PKD, just to prove that they've made sure they can do it in RCT4!

Yes, I think that's a wonderful program that Atari's doing through that.

... I wonder if they'd do it for grad school too?

Back on topic... I don't have RCT3 Wild, but I've seen videos of the extended coaster. It looks like that one uses Arrow or Morgan track. Probably just a minor fix, but I think they should include a B&M-style extended coaster in a future RCT game as well.

this has probably been said before, but OH MY GOD GET RID OF THE GRID BUILDING SYSTEM!! When it came out in like '99 or so it was the commonly accepted way of designing things (cough...togo...cough...arrow...cough), but now that designers are making more properly calculated formulas for rides instead of just grid systems, the builder for RCT is outdated. I play both NL and RCT3, and it makes me cringe when I go from playing NL to playing RCT because everything is so by the book and so standard it makes me crazy.

A few more flat rides and other knick knacks would be nice, but i think the thing to set RCT4 apart from its predecessors would be to remove the grid building...

And a Nolimits interface, oh that'll be the day

• 3 weeks later...

I would like it so thet when you build a train ride. You don't have to go up to build accross a path and its self.

And rides like

Flyers

Paratroopers

Tumble Bugs

A double deck carosel

A classic ferris wheel like the one in the old school version.

More kiddy rides

and and full sky ride with cars every 10 feet.

Also ride ops checking restraints.

And tickettaker people.

More maskots to choose from.

And people driving cars in. With parking lots.

Also a customizable bumpercars building so you can build it as big as you want.

They could make more realistic inversions.They could also make it like othe players could interact with eachother.Make it like

Runescape where you can talk to people and trade.I would like to see more games like basketball shooting and darts and ballin a bucket. that would make me happy.

They could make more realistic inversions.They could also make it like othe players could interact with eachother.Make it like

Runescape where you can talk to people and trade.I would like to see more games like basketball shooting and darts and ball in a bucket.That would make me happy.They could also make it in floorless rides the floor drops down into the station.Also make the people crawl into there seats,you know what i mean?

Maybe not all the way back to RCT2, but at least less cartoonish.

And for my revisions i would like an intamin launch coaster like xcelerator, more flat rides including the old school ones like flyers

More flexibility in building things, and what i want the most would be for the game to not freeze my computer and have so much lag