TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Another Possible New Park in Houston (Adventure Pointe)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Adventure Pointe website:

Ride Alert!

To compliment Lafitte’s Landing the Adventure Pointe team is thrilled to announce today the confirmation of an interactive dark ride within the park's Phase One site plan. Targeted toward family fun and entertainment, the dark ride will provide park-goers with an engaging experience for all ages with pirate-inspired themes and ride elements in honor of the great Jean Lafitte.

The interactive dark ride is one of many Phase One attractions in the scheduled list of announcements from the Adventure Pointe team. With groundbreaking plans in the final stages this is only the beginning of a series of exciting reveals.

Hmmm... a dark ride about pirates. I can't figure out why but that just seems a bit... familiar.

• 1 month later...

Newest update from Adventure Pointe Facebook. So who's ready to go to the "Land of Oz"?

We know that you have all been patiently awaiting news regarding Adventure Pointe’s official ground breaking date. Our team has been working diligently over the past few months to ensure our debut accommodates not only theme park enthusiasts, but the entire family as well.

During this time, we have made adjustments to the park’s site plan. This will allow new rides, new themes, as well as live entertainment.

In addition to the park’s four main themed areas, Adventure Pointe will now feature the “Land of Oz." This magical land will sweep you away with its attractions, just as Dorothy was in the Wizard of Oz.

Finally, upon completion of our engineering in the coming months, we anticipate ground breaking by year end!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is such a cool project. I'm so glad to see them breaking ground and getting this thing going. I participate in a lot of development forums and urban planning groups, and once this is finished it will be a cool thing to pass around to open people's minds to modern attraction development. Right now you start talking about rides in urban settings and people start thinking Six Flags and freaking out about it. I've been saying for awhile now that smaller concept, well-put together attractions like these could really spice up a lot of smaller metro's. Tulsa needs something along this line...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^You've already been warned about bumping threads unnecessarily. We understand you are anxious to see if the plans for this park pan out, but as soon as there is an actual update it will be posted to this thread. Please refrain from bumping the topic further just for the sake of doing so.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A new Facebook post where it states the historical reference point for the park will be trains, all of which will be fully restored. They show a pic of a tunnel. States a spring 2017 opening. If that's the case, this will be a work in progress.

What is a bit of bad timing I guess, is that ZDT, about 3 hrs away got Switchback with it's train theme. Would have been a perfect fit for a train inspired park. I rode Switchback about a dozen times a few weeks back, it's a fun ride perfectly suited for a small park.

Cool, I'm digging the train theme. And I don't think ZDT's is going to be serious competition. No one travels 3 hours for an FEC. No one but us lunatics.

Oh, I wasn't thinking it was competition, just that that coaster would have fit the theme here a bit better. Yeah, ZDT was just a little out of the way for my San Antonio trip, so we hit it up for a few hours before going on up to New Braunfels and ShlitterBahn.

So? This place can build a train themed coaster too. There are train themed coasters in San Antonio and Arlington. Really, there's so much overlap between trains and coasters, right down to the vocabulary, that train theming is probably the single easiest way to theme a coaster. This place can do whatever they want; anything ZDT's does is irrelevant.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all,

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ryan. You may have met me at a TPR event, tour or just seen me post on the forums. Well, a year ago I started to work for Adventure Pointe. It's been a long time coming but we started construction a few months ago. I thought I give you all a quick construction update. The goal is to open by Spring 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

IMG_0743.thumb.JPG.ee48b380f3ac88a4550b8573177fd85f.JPG

Most of the water and sewage of the 25 acre park has finished.

IMG_0744.thumb.JPG.9c92382602a703150dadea460af9907d.JPG

These will be part of a culvert in the back.

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.dd3a576c5aed7365f2c19a3ca875a405.JPG

IMG_0747.thumb.JPG.611daab15ddc5970366d29fef3bcdbdd.JPG

Soon, this will all be buried and the dirt will be leveled for the start of concrete

IMG_0749.thumb.JPG.c1f02fe1a3e2c5189d091b041b2a453f.JPG

IMG_0750.thumb.JPG.62c3c09498d6ba7f697f4e230bf8d998.JPG

IMG_0763.thumb.JPG.6942accefb56297312fd97e46d3a669a.JPG

IMG_0764.thumb.JPG.a6be14d87215f502bf60d38ae2fc8d43.JPG

The bigger culverts will go to the front side of the park. Lots of preparation for potential floods and hurricanes.

IMG_0844.thumb.JPG.fe12f657258c67396d7ef218b7606039.JPG

New sign that can be seen from Freeway 45 South

Hey all,

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ryan. You may have met me at a TPR event, tour or just seen me post on the forums. Well, a year ago I started to work for Adventure Pointe. It's been a long time coming but we started construction a few months ago. I thought I give you all a quick construction update. The goal is to open by Spring 2017. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

When will the newsletter go out and when will the rides be announced.