TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always go for the highest payouts on the (now) duct tape, so you don't max out on daily tasks (10, I think), for quicker rewards, until you get Uriah Heap's Recycling Center. Then, it should become a free-for-all again.

For Act 1 I read that there's a daily duct tape limit, not a limit on number of turn-ins, so it shouldn't make a difference whether you go for the small or large rewards.

tsoaddicts has a calendar showing how much tape you need to collect to stay on track to unlock everything in this act:

http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/08/24/monorail-calendar-act-two/

As of today you should have 24128 duct tape to be on track.

For Act 1 I read that there's a daily duct tape limit, not a limit on number of turn-ins, so it shouldn't make a difference whether you go for the small or large rewards.

As of today you should have 24128 duct tape to be on track.

I saw the same thing on TSTOForum.com. However, there really isn't a limit on how much duct tape (or previously, blueprints) you can get as some people had over 800,000 blueprints. The "limit" is on how much you can EARN thru recycling.

I was just pointing out that the sooner you get the final prize, the more track you can earn, as (with the blueprints) the cap was lifted on earning potential. However, I'm now reading that some people are that have already got the Hippie, are getting daily caps, while others aren't.

People that had bazillions of donuts from earlier glitches in the game are spending them to rush Lisa's recycling plant. Those guys already have more track than they can ever use. Every 2 donuts gives them 350 duct tape, with no limit on that. Those guys are already bored with the event and are awaiting Act III.

I don't have those donuts to spend, but I'm about 3 days ahead of the schedule (only checking/playing about every 4hours), which will give me extra time to earn track.

image.thumb.jpg.3909dac7cb1f8825a689431db25dff12.jpg

Currently have 54,749 duct tape!

I'm currently at 51,621 duct tape so I must be doing something right. Keep getting hit with "completed" across the project board though.

EDIT: Uggggh. Hit the Project Board completed cap before 8am this morning after submitting at most 7 or 8 of whatever the highest payout job was. Now just shy of 62,000 duct tape but apparently no more project board until 1am tomorrow.

(Note: I am not using donuts to rush any part of any task related to these projects.)

There is an Ap store update available today. They say it fixed a smaller monorail glitch, but more importantly - you can start storing the gawd-awful buildings from Springfield Heights again. So, if you have too many, or max out on a building, you can store them.

Level update today, prompted by Homer. Four new buildings (one premium), with the premium and the one prompted by Homer having characters.

Anyone know what happened to Krusty's Drive-Thru Station? It was in the store as a premium item but disappeared a few days ago and I haven't seen it since.

It was announced as being a "limited time" purchase.

Oh man, today is the first day that I haven't already been leveled up to get the update. Guess this is what I get for not setting my characters during the down time. Off to set everyone not doing springfield heights or monorail tasks to 24 hours!

Off to set everyone not doing springfield heights or monorail tasks to 24 hours!

I'd hold off on doing anything associated with Springfield Heights. It really IS just something to do in between normal updates and challenges.

We're given the mall station today. The ultimate prize this time is the rail yard, where we can continue to make track AFTER this event ends. So this is probably the most important prize you can get, if you like/love the monorail. Though I imagine that the rail yard will be available for donut purchase after the event, but don't quote me on that.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a glitch in that my houses are resetting on their own before I can tap them for money. For example, my blue houses reset at 6am this morning. I was most certainly not tapping at that hour. Anyone else experiencing this?

Somewhere along the lines of the latest update, EVERYTHING got reset, and (the glitch) resets to the time (supposedly) to when the update was implemented. So. if your game is set to do automatic updates, that may explain it. If not, hold on…

The update went live, and their were TONS of glitches. Late yesterday, an in-game prompt came up and they did a forced update. That alleviated a majority of the problems, but not all. EA is aware of these and is actually working towards solving them BEFORE the Halloween update.

There's a rumor that leaked out that we're getting an IRS building at some point. The IRS building will allow you to collect everything ($) in your town at once, so it will be very handy. Kinda like the Christmas decoration switch we got last year.

These glitches SEEM to be connected to the rumored IRS building.

That's all I've found for now.

This will be the first time I haven't leveled up when the new level came out. 190k XP to level up, guess I spent too much time on those silly 1xp tasks for the rich hood. Hopefully in a week I can uber or left it up.

And IRS building would be pretty awesome and save a ton of time everyday. Maybe they can do something similar for the characters too.