TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Parque de Attracciones Madrid to add a family coaster

We present a model of our new family attraction in which we are already working.We are sure that will delight everyone!

This new attraction will have two trains of 18 seats each and will have a capacity of 1000 persons / hour. Its maximum height is 17 meters and its length will reach 450 meters.

As you can see in this model, it is a family roller coaster themed. You will be surprised, for sure.

PAM_NEWATR_MAQUETA.jpg.715e77d16699c31afecc2ce22d504d78.jpg

The model for the new family coaster

Source: http://www.parquedeatracciones.es

This appears to be scheduled for a November 2012 opening

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have gone ahead and changed the title of the thread to better reflect the news you are presenting. While a Parque de Attracciones discussion thread is in the works, we aren't quite ready to launch it just yet and the creation of all discussion threads is something that the moderators handle by collecting all threads related to the respective parks into one. We will definitely merge this thread into the park's discussion thread once it is created, but in the meantime, feel free to discussion this park's latest addition here.

Very good news for a park that is becoming the most familiar and complet in all the country (with a collection of 7 credits!)

The only unknown yet is what company is suposed to construct this one... because the tracks could belong to 3 types of different companies (Maurer, Gerstlauer or Mack Rides).

My personal clue is the curve that you can see next to the drop (after the lift). It seems similar to the Mack youngstar 90º banked curve so that can be another youngstar project to Madrid (because Parque Warner have already one, Correcaminos Bip Bip).

The works have already begun in the Park a month ago, just as I've been writted only a few messages I think I can't link anything yet. You just have to search the website posesionfriki.com , sorry!

Can anyone tell what water ride this is over? I'm guessing the rapids or the splash boat since the flume is by Tarantula.

BTW I just looked at the park index and love the pic of Lou and I on the cave of spiders! I miss you!

^Diego Garcia, Parque de Atracciones de Madrid director's has posted this on his recently opened Twitter acount:

"Mañana comienza Gerstlauer a montar la vía de la nueva montaña rusa del Parque. Con un poco de suerte, lista para SS"

It says: "Tomorrow Gerstlauer will start to assemble the track of the Parque new roller coaster. With some luck, it will be OK for SS"

SS means "Saint Week", a religious holidays between 2nd and 8th of April. So here you have it: GERSTLAUER. It might look like a mix of a youngstar and a family coaster like Die Schlange von Midgard (Hansa Park).

Can anyone tell what water ride this is over? I'm guessing the rapids or the splash boat since the flume is by Tarantula.

The water ride that you tell is "Fiordos", the water-splash ride. But if we take a look at the latest construction pictures, probably the new coaster will pass a few meters away from Fiordos track...

^^Seriously? Are they planning to open this coaster in Easter? That's not even two months away and construction hasn't barely started! I will eat my words if they can finish the track construction, proposed themeing and testing in such a short period...

^^Seriously? Are they planning to open this coaster in Easter? That's not even two months away and construction hasn't barely started! I will eat my words if they can finish the track construction, proposed themeing and testing in such a short period...

^Maybe it will be a soft-openning or something for this pre-season and a huge theming work for the summer/halloween season... seems like this last Halloween at PAM was very successful, why not make a "demo" of one month without all the theming, close it, make a huge theming and then release the entire coaster+theming pack?

It's not the most usual method but... maybe it works