TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Breckenridge Park

Six Flags Denver

So i began this park over a year and a half ago over at Coaster-Net. Well I've gotten sick of posting over there, so i decided to bring my updates here. A bit about me and my parks; I try to be as realistic possible. I use some CS but i don't go overboard, since i want to make my parks great looking, as well as operable. Aka i make sure the dumb RCT2 guests are happy (so you may some oddly placed paths that only serve the purpose of avoiding guest pileups).

Below i have images of most of the park, including all the work ive done after my discontinuation of posting.

If you read through the C-Net topic, here are some changes that have occured since my last post:

-Flash (Red/orange Intamin multi launch) was built

-Superman Krypton Coaster was torn down

-Quasar (Blue Gerstlauer spinning coaster) was built

-V2 (Intamin impulse) was built

-Lasso (swings) was built

So here is some of the park:

SCR194.BMP

SCR195.BMP

SCR196.BMP

SCR197.BMP

SCR198.BMP

SCR199.BMP

SCR200.BMP

Thanks for reading, i love comments and criticism.

-TDM

Edited by TheDarkMaxim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off: Welcome to TPR.

Secondly, I like the park. Me being a layout person, love yours. They are all so good and realistic. However, That orange launch coaster (Flash I believe?) I'm not to sure about. I don't know but something is just "off" with it... My just be me though. Could also be the colors of the station and surrounding buildings. Anyways, I like what I see! Keep the updates coming.

...onward End Of Season 2021....aka year 19

Today Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX) released their very grim third quarter results. It can basically be summed up in a few key points:

-Net loss of 180.3 million dollars

-Debt load has ballooned back up to a staggering 2.3 billion dollars

-SF attributes these results to the recent rapid expansion campaign, which comprised of overpaying in a bidding war for four parks over the last 10 years. As well as an attempt to improve profit margins of by way of continous build up.

-To alleviate some debt: capital improvements will shrink and become more cost effective, and all parks will be evaluated with out ruling out the possibility of a sale or closure.

Based on the overhaul Six Flags has done to our park, i doubt this will have any negative effect, it way even be positive.

As for the upcoming season; during my stroll around the park on the last day, nothing appeared to be going on marking or digging wise. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

-TDM

For those that requested it here is the landscape file in the exchange: Link

March 2022

Well it looks like we wont be recieving any new rides this year. Though the park did announce that the park will transform several of its restaurants this year a Subway, Johnny Rockets, or Cold stone Creamery.

As for the Six Flags chain as a whole, some disappointing news. After attempting to sell The Great Escape, Six Flags Mexico, and La Ronde; a buyer was found for La Ronde and The Great Escape. The buyer was identified as former SF executives Kieran Burke and Gary Story. As for SFM, no buyer was found and it was announced 2021 was the parks final season.

-TDM

(P.s i changed all the colors on the shirt stalls, they were all red)

June 2022

Well the start of the season is upon us!

First off as promised a Johnny Rocket's, two Cold Stone Creamery, and three Subway have been built in the park.

Cold Stone:

SCR208.BMP

As a side note, it appears as though The Observation Deck has received a nice fresh coat of paint.

SCR205.BMP

Subway:

SCR204.BMP

SCR207.BMP

SCR209.BMP

Johnny Rocket's

SCR206.BMP

Johnny Rocket's in Arkham City? Thats an odd location

Finally, a surprise appeared!!Track from the former Boomerang roller coaster from Six Flags Mexico has come to our park with a fresh coat of paint. It appears only station and lift track has arrived so far.

SCR210.BMP

One last thing, year 20 is up for download now Link.

-TDM

June 2023

Untitled.jpg.a445269304096b36ea41146dc9637cc1.jpg

..oOo...snazzy new logo..

Well, I'm skipping some updates, just so i actually have something to show now.

Over the past year Six Flags continued to struggle with its debt. The sale of TGE and LR did not help as much as they had previously hoped.

Zoomerang has arrived! It seems like Six Flags really stuck to its idea of building more "cost effective". Though this classic park staple still looks to be a great addition to the park.

SCR215.BMP

Zoomerang was built in the area that had previously been allotted for the final phase of the 'Villain's Lair' are, though it seems like that project was thrown out the window.

SCR216.BMP

A wall was also constructed separating Zoomerang from 'Villain's Lair'.

Comments and criticism are appreciated. By the way, i will be uploading to NE for the 2027 release.

-TDM

October 2023

Huge news out of Texas today. Six Flags has announced that Six Flags Denver did not meet the new criteria set for each of its parks. And so in September Six Flags entered into a binding contract to sell the park to Vail Resorts. One of the terms of the sale included two undisclosed rides being removed from the park, and remaining in the Six Flags chain.

Vail Resorts commented on the matter saying "we are very excited to continue our tradition of excellence to a new market". They were also quoted saying "a major transformation will occur during the off season to match our vision for this great attraction". They also mentioned a "new attraction" will be arriving in time for next season.

Finally, it was announced that park would be take on the branding of one of Vail's largest resorts, Breckenridge, to become Breckenridge Park.

breck.png.145e09abdb59d564c7ec38c08633b832.png

(Ohh side note, I made changes to that bridge)

SCR217.BMP

-TDM

Edited by TheDarkMaxim

I'd perhaps take a look around Denver for another name... Yes, the mayor was important, but being one that -vividly- remembers the horrific old airport, it brings to mind crowds, broken things, pricey food, and nasty people!

I'd look to the mountains, or other reference points in the city itself: Centennial Park has a good ring to it, as does Colorado Park.